PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Friday 12/15/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
Agreed. I've made mention it's a perfect fit for him. Ready made QB, solid all around roster The Owner is cheap, Bill is cheap.
Match made for each other both underachieving.

Bill to the Chargers is like what Phil Jackson was going to the Lakers. The Chargers are competing with the Rams, Lakers and Dodgers and they are pretty much an afterthought out here. Brining Bill to LA would create tons of hype just like when Lakers fans were excited when Phil arrived. Both had/have 6 rings.
The Stars are aligned take your Sons with you too BB.

1702673413852.png

First practice Barmore has missed all year:

We can't live in the past though 20 years ago is not Today. No man is an Island ️ BB was the best is the business for a long time he's not anymore especially in the last 4 years.
The Gm took the coach under... no team could sustain with a roster like we have now. He asked for the GM title when he got the job. I appreciate Bill and everything he's done for the team and the league. However it's just time.

We have to rebuild. When I look at all of the examples of rebuilding in the NFL one example stands out as the best ever. It was done by the guy Kraft hired in 2000.
Hmmm. On the 2000 roster Ted Johnson, Troy brown, Roman phipher, ty law, Kevin faulk, brushci, Malloy, law. We know Brady of course.

If I had to guess of any semblance of some pillars on this team Gonzo, judon, peppers, Dugger, barmore , white those would be the pillars for the next rebuild.

Always surprises me a bit when I see how close Reid is to Belichick in regular season wins, but at the same time, Reid is also only 6 years younger than Belichick. So even if Bill retired at the end of the year and Andy kept cranking out 10 win seasons for the next 5 years, he'd only be at around the same mark by around the same age.

Of course, we know Bill won't retire this season, and it's also fair to doubt that Reid will maintain that many wins for that many years. Also fair to wonder if Reid will coach to as advanced an age as Belichick, considering Reid is generally not as healthy and has had some medical issues from time to time.

It would be interesting if Belichick went into Reid's division next year with the Chargers and started handing him more losses than usual to slow his growth.

It's always funny to think about the fact that Edelman's highest career yardage game actually came with Cam Newton. That game had me believing in Cam for a brief time.

Hmmm. On the 2000 roster Ted Johnson, Troy brown, Roman phipher, ty law, Kevin faulk, brushci, Malloy, law. We know Brady of course.

If I had to guess of any semblance of some pillars on this team Gonzo, judon, peppers, Dugger, barmore , white those would be the pillars for the next rebuild.
Phifer wasn't there. Bruschi came on w/ Belichick, was considered a part time player before. Faulk was considered a bust. Milloy was obviously let go. Ted was hurt and having issues, obviously.

Phifer wasn't there. Bruschi came on w/ Belichick, was considered a part time player before. Faulk was considered a bust. Milloy was obviously let go. Ted was hurt and having issues, obviously.
Yes correct Phifer came after 02, 03. I agree point I was trying to make is Bill inherited the guys to help start the culture he wanted to have. A team NEEDS those guys. Peppers is at the top of my list going forward of the next generation of patriots alphas.

So why is Zappe not catching **** for contacting a former coach outside the building like Mac did?
I guess Mac was also crushed after he was cut. BTW, when did that happen?

I guess Mac was also crushed after he was cut. BTW, when did that happen?
I'll do 1 better.. why BB who publicly said on Dale n holley he texted with Jimmy G before and after games.. what! A HC/GM texting with a player on another team. But oh no.. don't let a player do it!

Yes correct Phifer came after 02, 03. I agree point I was trying to make is Bill inherited the guys to help start the culture he wanted to have. A team NEEDS those guys. Peppers is at the top of my list going forward of the next generation of patriots alphas.
Of course you need some vets, but you also have to account for some other things. Belichick also jettisoned some real talented players who didn't fit his with what he was trying to do, whether that was Greg Spires, Terry Glenn, Lawyer Milloy, Damien Woody, Tebucky Jones.

My concern is that, unless it's a guy who wants a 3-4, with few LBs on the field, a lot of players aren't going to fit. Godchaux won't. Guy, Jennings, Wise, Keion White. These guys are protoypical 3-4 DEs (maybe White can play DT but his speed is wasted there). Tavai and Bentley are useless because they can't cover. Peppers may be useless too.

This is the problem. Dugger can play anywhere but I wouldn't trust him to play cover-2.

So why is Zappe not catching **** for contacting a former coach outside the building like Mac did?

because at the time he talked with this former coach he was not on the team....because he was cut by the team...

not a difficult difference to spot really

We can't live in the past though 20 years ago is not Today. No man is an Island ️ BB was the best is the business for a long time he's not anymore especially in the last 4 years.
He is still the same guy.

He brought in Phifer and Brady. Ted Johnson was cooked.
Law and bruschi (and mcginest) we the only Pillars he inherited.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back