PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Friday 12/15/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
This is a huge question that is flying under the radar, due to the Belichick Gallows Watch.

On one hand you want to lock up known talent; some continuity is vital in a team sport.

On the other hand when you are a three-win team, that screams for anything but keeping the status quo.
Firing Belichick undermines any efforts to re-sign free agents. They’ll want to know who they’ll be playing for, will not want to be part of a chaotic regime change.

Firing Belichick makes the Patriots worse immediately. It will be at least a few years before his successor can turn things around and show improvement.

If they win out, or even win 3 of the last 4, and Bill is fired he has had his revenge in advance, by screwing the draft position.

that’s probably the worst case outcome for the team, so it’s what I expect will most likely happen.

it also burnishes Bill’s cred if he gets fired. I won’t be surprised if he pulls a win over KC out of his hat this weekend.
It just seems to be such a simple equation to me in that case.

They would have built the offensive operation for Mac Jones to succeed. They brought BOB in, changed the offense back to one which he approved of, and gave him back all of the controls at the LOS that he wanted. Mac Jones proceeded to throw baffling INT after baffling INT, multiple pick-sixes and led the team to a 2-9 record with Mac throwing more INTs than TDs per game.

They switch to Bailey Zappe. They are currently 1-1 with Zappe as a starter throwing more TDs than INTs per game. If they now continue to win games and hypothetically win their last 3 out of 4 like you said here, that would mean they would be 4-2 with Zappe.

So when you step back and look at it, you'd be seeing a team that set the system up specifically for Jones, gave Jones a long leash, and had Jones go 2-9, switched to Zappe after it was abundantly clear Mac is not the guy, and then went 4-2 with Zappe despite Zappe mostly starting against good teams. Would that tell you that the coach is bad and he needs to be fired, or maybe something else?

I can't imagine BB would go to the Chargers - their owner is a notorious buffoon. I have family in SD who suffered through so much stupidity and hate the Chargers since they moved to LA. One thing BB won't do is live out his final sunset days with an idiot owner.

It's going to be difficult dealing with this madness every time a HC gets fired. If you know anything about BB and anything about Dean Spanos and his kid there is no world in which BB ever works for them. Quote me, bookmark this, print it out and put it on a wall.

What a crazy game this was ...

Meanwhile ... in KC:

If they sweep these last four, no way BB is canned. A Quixotic quest, however.
I'm not sure that would be a positive for BB maybe for the Defense and Zappe. I don't want BB near another Patriots Drafts and I am sure many logical fans would agree. There's no denying that he's the GOAT of HC's but I think it's time for a different scenario here minus BB.

Bill to the Chargers is like what Phil Jackson was going to the Lakers. The Chargers are competing with the Rams, Lakers and Dodgers and they are pretty much an afterthought out here. Brining Bill to LA would create tons of hype just like when Lakers fans were excited when Phil arrived. Both had/have 6 rings.

I'm not sure that would be a positive for BB maybe for the Defense and Zappe. I don't want BB near another Patriots Drafts and I am sure many logical fans would agree. There's no denying that he's the GOAT of HC's but I think it's time for a different scenario here minus BB.
We have to rebuild. When I look at all of the examples of rebuilding in the NFL one example stands out as the best ever. It was done by the guy Kraft hired in 2000.

Bill to the Chargers is like what Phil Jackson was going to the Lakers. The Chargers are competing with the Rams, Lakers and Dodgers and they are pretty much an afterthought out here. Brining Bill to LA would create tons of hype just like when Lakers fans were excited when Phil arrived. Both had/have 6 rings.
Agreed. I've made mention it's a perfect fit for him. Ready made QB, solid all around roster The Owner is cheap, Bill is cheap.

We have to rebuild. When I look at all of the examples of rebuilding in the NFL one example stands out as the best ever. It was done by the guy Kraft hired in 2000.
We can't live in the past though 20 years ago is not Today. No man is an Island ️ BB was the best is the business for a long time he's not anymore especially in the last 4 years.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back