PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots fan hoping Jets win this week,Jets fans hoping Pats win this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just feel the warmth, the same feeling as putting you're hand on a hot stove. Happy Holidays!
http://www.newyorkjets.com/holidaycard/index.html

Li'l Marky's "feliz Navidad" spiel was a contrived fake. It's well documented that he's not conversant in Spanish. Notice also that they didn't have Cromartie in there. He's probably sweating bullets over his upcoming Santa Claus bill and who wants what.

Kind of my thinking too, even though it's obvious that the 2011 NEP are a better team, I really don't want to give the Jets any kind of new playoff life either.

I would love to see them as playoff spectators, as I don't see any other potential 6th seed as that much better than them; so not much reason to worry etc.

scratch my response, I believe I originally misinterpretted your quote as saying the 2011 NEP are better than the 2010 NEP (not the 2011 JETS).

Last edited:
Notice also that they didn't have Cromartie in there. He's probably sweating bullets over his upcoming Santa Claus bill and who wants what.

I heard he's even sweating bigger bullets on getting all those name tags filled out properly.

Since NE is a lock to make the playoffs and the Jets are on the fringe of making it or not,and the fact that NE is only having to worry about seeding 1 2 or 3 while the Jets are only hoping to get seed #6 ...I would say plenty more Jets fans are rooting for the Patriots this week than Pats fans rooting for the Jets.

More important for the Jets that NE wins than vice versa

I even bet that secretly Rexy is a Pats fan this week,even doubly so if they lose to the Eagles.

Since NE is a lock to make the playoffs and the Jets are on the fringe of making it or not,and the fact that NE is only having to worry about seeding 1 2 or 3 while the Jets are only hoping to get seed #6 ...I would say plenty more Jets fans are rooting for the Patriots this week than Pats fans rooting for the Jets.

I even bet that secretly Rexy is a Pats fan this week,even doubly so if they lose to the Eagles.

I'm curious but not curious enough to go check Gangrene or Jests Insider to validate such threads and sentiments.

We aren't even in the Playoffs yet. It is not a 'fact' that we are only worried about seeding at this point.

The Jets can still win the AFCE, there is no way in hell they come remotely close to cheering for us.
While unlikely, the Jets can finish 11-5 and the Pats can finish 10-6. I really don't know what you're looking at that would make the Jets want to cheer for us when the division isn't even locked up.

Last edited:
We aren't even in the Playoffs yet. It is not a 'fact' that we are only worried about seeding at this point.

The Jets can still win the AFCE, there is no way in hell they come remotely close to cheering for us.
While unlikely, the Jets can finish 11-5 and the Pats can finish 10-6. I really don't know what you're looking at that would make the Jets want to cheer for us when the division isn't even locked up.

Unless Tom Brady is on IR sometime in the next week,then there is .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% chance that the Pats lose BOTH games back to back final 2 games vs. J.P. Losman's Dolphins and Bills at home in December.

......and the Jets fully know there is NO chance that happens.

And as I am one of the biggest pessimists on this board...thats saying something.

They are rooting for a Broncos defeat....I assure you

Last edited:
While I do agree with you that in this case PATRIOTSFANINPA is nuts, this scenario does not warrent rooting for the Jets.

But as for you contention that tis is NO scenario...you're even nuttier...see week 17 year 2008.

Well, technically, even there, you could have rooted for the asteroid.

Unless Tom Brady is on IR sometime in the next week,then there is .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% chance that the Pats lose BOTH games back to back final 2 games vs. J.P. Losman's Dolphins and Bills at home in December.

......and the Jets fully know there is NO chance that happens.

And as I am one of the biggest pessimists on this board...thats saying something.

They are rooting for a Broncos defeat....I assure you

Why exactly are they rooting for a division leader's defeat who holds the tiebreaker over their team? While leading the division, the Broncos have no effect on the Jets. If the Jests and Broncos finish with the same record and someone else wins the West, Broncos get the nod over the Jets.

Jets should want the Broncos to win the west and Oakland to keep losing.

Last edited:
The only time I would cheer for the Jets is if it would help the Pats. That is not the situation this week. Go Eagles.

Jet fan looking for work....

Attachments

• jetfan.jpg
    jetfan.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 60
I'm curious but not curious enough to go check Gangrene or Jests Insider to validate such threads and sentiments.

Go ahead....check it out.....if you want Gangrene or Clamydia:eek:

While I do agree with you that in this case PATRIOTSFANINPA is nuts, this scenario does not warrent rooting for the Jets.

But as for you contention that tis is NO scenario...you're even nuttier...see week 17 year 2008.

Again, a subtle but important distinction must be made - NEVER, EVER root FOR the Jets (or comparable teams); instead, root AGAINST their opponents. I will always briefly savor any helpful outcome, but then wash it from memory as decorum and self-respect require :D

Also, from following this sport for way too many years, I've learned that hoping for help is a nearly-fruitless exercise - better to see the Patriots live or die by their own efforts alone.

Last edited:
TITANS TITANS TITAN TITANS!

I'M A HUGE TITANS FAN FOR THESE LAST 3 GAMES. They beat indy and jacksonville, then manage to squeeze past Houston in the season finale, the jets will not be in the Playoffs and we take the number 2 seed.

As much as I share your desire for the Jets to miss the playoffs, your statement is not true.
Jets are 8-5, if they win out, they're in no matter what anybody else does.

As much as I share your desire for the Jets to miss the playoffs, your statement is not true.
Jets are 8-5, if they win out, they're in no matter what anybody else does.

They will not win out and easily could go 0-3.

They will not win out and easily could go 0-3.

Would love the 0-3 finish, I don't think the Jets have to win out though. 2-1 gets them in IMO. Can't see any of their WC competitors winning out either.

NY Jets fans must root for the Patriots this week. It is impossible to imagine those guys rooting for Tim Tebow and the Broncos after the humiliation they hung on them. The NY Jets are the antithesis of the Broncos and the holier than thou nonsense.

The math works for them in the wild card chase, so that is good, too. Seems like the mathematicians in NY/NJ are figuring out the deal that works best for them includes a NE win over Denver. A guy called Hobbes something or other posted this at The Gang Green dot com:

"Look, Here's your ideal scenario. Jets Win out, get the 6. NE gets the one seed, Houston the 3.

Wild Card Weekend, Pitt @Denver, Jets @ Houston.

Divisional Weekend: Pitt @ Balt, Jets @NE.

AFCCG: Jets @ Beat up team from the week before.

Jets go to Indy.

But..Lets just get to 11-5."

Delusional, yes. But we should welcome all the mojo out of the tri-state area we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft