PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Draft Profile, Houston CB Howard Wilson

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Draft Profile, Houston CB Howard Wilson

Steve Balestrieri

Wilson made 54 tackles (45 solo), including 2.5 for a loss, and picked off five passes, had 10 passes defensed, and recovered two fumbles in 2016.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Among the things I liked about Wilson on his game tape - he stayed with his assignment and didn't bite on run fakes, AND, his CoD out of his backpedal to charge the ball-carrier on a run play was instantaneous. He also gets there in a hurry and seems like a pretty decent tackler in spite of his lack of bulk.

Unless something crazy happens, the Pats would probably need to take him with the #96. He could go in the 4th, but it seems fairly doubtful that he lasts to #131.

Among the things I liked about Wilson on his game tape - he stayed with his assignment and didn't bite on run fakes, AND, his CoD out of his backpedal to charge the ball-carrier on a run play was instantaneous. He also gets there in a hurry and seems like a pretty decent tackler in spite of his lack of bulk.

Unless something crazy happens, the Pats would probably need to take him with the #96. He could go in the 4th, but it seems fairly doubtful that he lasts to #131.

I agree exactly with what you're saying about his strengths. I am really concerned about his pro day report, however. Maybe it was just an injury precaution, but it sounded very bizarre.

It was indeed bizarre, but I'm sure that he is being put through the motions during any visits that he is having with teams.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back