PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

Is Stephon Morris cut? Nick Underhill of MassLive.com reported that he was cut yesterday, but he was not included in the press release on patriots.com yesterday. The only information that I can find on him being released all cite Underhill's report, i.e., no confirmation anywhere.

I can't imagine him making the roster, but then again I wouldn't have imagined a few of the other moves either (e.g., both Ballard and Fells being cut; all three of Francis, Benard and Cunningham being cut; Allen over Mesko)

What's the Seymour talk I've been hearing about? I'd like to assume it's just fan rumors, but with this team you can never be too sure..

Here is what Christopher Price has to say about it:

You guys are asking about Richard Seymour. You never say never with this team, but I'm not sure I could see that happening.

https://twitter.com/cpriceNFL/status/373846084109754368

I don't see it happening. Seymour is going to want to be paid and start. I don't think he will be getting paid what he wants here and I don't think he would be a guaranteed starter. Never say never, but I doubt it. I think Seymour still holds a grudge, but it may come down to wanting to play.

Although, I am sure Atlanta offered him a good offer that he turned down. So he is going to want serious coin.

What's the Seymour talk I've been hearing about? I'd like to assume it's just fan rumors, but with this team you can never be too sure..

Seymour want's ridiculous money (10-15 Mill per year). He's not getting that.

Is Stephon Morris cut? Nick Underhill of MassLive.com reported that he was cut yesterday, but he was not included in the press release on patriots.com yesterday. The only information that I can find on him being released all cite Underhill's report, i.e., no confirmation anywhere.

I can't imagine him making the roster, but then again I wouldn't have imagined a few of the other moves either (e.g., both Ballard and Fells being cut; all three of Francis, Benard and Cunningham being cut; Allen over Mesko)

Morris will probably be waived/injured..

Stephon Morris was not on yesterday's transactions reports.

Francis and Forston cuts have me a bit puzzled. Someone must be on their way in here to play DL.

Francis, Forston and Benard?

OK, it's official. Jake Bequette must have in his possession a secret tape of Belichick giving the gun to Hernandez.

In my daughter's words:

"But...but...he was the guy who taught me that actual people can be named Zoltan!

This is the worst news since Legolas not being real."

But Legolas is real .... isn't he? Isn't he?

There will be plenty of FA's cut purely for monetary reasons and there will be opportunity for the Patriots (and all other teams) looking to upgrade the back end of the roster.

The obvious guesses at TE are Fells and Ballard, if they can sufficiently de-gimp.

Ballard's salary wasn't guaranteed to begin with.

Adrian Wilson to IR

Might explain why he looked bad in pre-season.

Is that 2 or 3 free spots for additions now?

50/53, with room for flexibility to add.

5 RBs and 1 FB though? BB either sees Bolden's potential or is currently shopping him. Why have essentially a 6th RB?

50/53, with room for flexibility to add.

5 RBs and 1 FB though? BB either sees Bolden's potential or is currently shopping him. Why have essentially a 6th RB?
I may have just lost track, but aren't that at 51 given that Kline was not actually cut?

I may have just lost track, but aren't that at 51 given that Kline was not actually cut?

You're right. As to why Kline wasn't cut, wtf?

How is Kline still on the roster? He was about as much use as a Chocolate fireguard the other night!

Unless that was just one bad night, of course can't say I've noticed him before then.

As of this moment in time, the Pats have all their draft picks and 5 UDFA's making the final roster.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back