PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

Regarding the D-Line depth, is there a chance that Collins will see some snaps at DE assuming BB doesn't sign anyone to bolster the position?

As a situational pass rusher yes but not as an every down DE.

As people have pointed out, it's not that players like Forston and Francis are great-- it's more of how thin we are across the DL that's surprising.

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (6) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington, Develin
WR (6) Amendola, Thompkins, Boyce, Dobson, Edelman, Slater
TE (3) Gronkowski, Sudfeld, Hoomanawanui
C (1) Wendell
G (4) Mankins, Cannon, Connolly, McDonald
T (3) Solder, Vollmer, Svitek
DE (4) Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Bequette
DT (3) Wilfork, Kelly, Vellano
ILB(3) Hightower, Spikes, Beauharnais
OLB(4) Mayo, Collins, Fletcher, Tarpinian
CB (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole
SS (4) Harmon, Wilson, Wilson, Ebner
FS (2) McCourty, Gregory
ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Allen

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2013

I can't imagine this is final, Tarpinian, McDonald?? Hooman and Develin?? Bequette? Six Safeties?

Thanks! At S, looks like quantity instead of quality.

6 running backs wow. I thought for sure that one of either Blount or Boldin would be gone.

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (6) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington, Develin
WR (6) Amendola, Thompkins, Boyce, Dobson, Edelman, Slater
TE (3) Gronkowski, Sudfeld, Hoomanawanui
C (1) Wendell
G (4) Mankins, Cannon, Connolly, McDonald
T (3) Solder, Vollmer, Svitek
DE (4) Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Bequette
DT (3) Wilfork, Kelly, Vellano
ILB(3) Hightower, Spikes, Beauharnais
OLB(4) Mayo, Collins, Fletcher, Tarpinian
CB (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole
SS (4) Harmon, Wilson, Wilson, Ebner
FS (2) McCourty, Gregory
ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Allen

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2013

I can't imagine this is final, Tarpinian, McDonald?? Hooman and Develin?? Bequette? Six Safeties?

Oh my god! The Patriots are keeping players that you don't like? This is ridiculous! I can't believe the-the-the-the nerve! Gah!

6 running backs wow. I thought for sure that one of either Blount or Boldin would be gone.

No way we keep 6 RB's. At least one of Develin, Bolden, and Blount will be gone.

Did I miss something, was gone most of yesterday, but, WR Mark Harrison, was he released or PUP'd or IR'd ? Plus, you know the Jets will sign Quentin Simms.

Shocked that we're keeping 6 RBs.

How much production is the less productive out of the Bolden/Blount tandem going to give us?

Now think about the production we'd get out of Forston or Sims or hell, even Cunningham.

I actually had all six safeties on my 53 for varying reasons.

McDonald is a shocker to me, I didn't think he showed much. And 6 RBs does seem wildly excessive...how does Clevelands RB depth look? Bolden for a DT, anybody?

Did I miss something, was gone most of yesterday, but, WR Mark Harrison, was he released or PUP'd or IR'd ? Plus, you know the Jets will sign Quentin Simms.

Harrison is a PUPpy. :) [Well, technically NFI, but PUPpy is much more fun to say.]

Yes there's a bunch of ppl in the team left who could easilybe cut and not missed but don't forget we do need special teams players out there. ... I sure don't want our starters out there for special teams

I actually had all six safeties on my 53 for varying reasons.

McDonald is a shocker to me, I didn't think he showed much. And 6 RBs does seem wildly excessive...how does Clevelands RB depth look? Bolden for a DT, anybody?

I thought it was the NYG that had extra DTs. Wasn't it coming down to Marvin Austin or Mike Patterson getting the axe?

No way we keep 6 RB's. At least one of Develin, Bolden, and Blount will be gone.

I'll bet they see Develin as more of an H-back type, seeing they kept only three tight ends. I like Develin.

shalise manza young ‏@shalisemyoung 1m
believe there's still one move unknown at this point...down to 54. keep in mind, there will be more in coming days.

They must be holding both Bolden and Blunt to trade one of them vs releasing them for nothing. I'd be shocked if one isn't dealt for a 5th or a DT.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back