PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

Re: Re: Patriots CUTS

I think it will depend a lot on Sudfeld actually. I can see a scenario where we play a lot of 2 TE with Sudfeld in the murdered role.
If so, how he blocks will determine whether he is on the field when its 2 true TEs.
If the answers are yes, and not so good, then we could easily keep 4 TEs.

Maybe, I guess I just assume that we aren't going to see as much of the 12 formation this year.

The Pats are keeping 5 "true" WRs (let's keep Slater out of this).

In all likelihood whoever is #5 has, at best, a 50-50 shot of being active, so there isn't much point in keeping 6 WRs on the 53.

It isn't just about who is going to be active week 1, it's about who will be ready week 3 if Edelman gets hurt or Dobson implodes. It's about insurance for a position that has seen a pretty much wholesale turnover.

Our 6th WR is more important than our 5th RB or 4th TE at this point.

It isn't just about who is going to be active week 1, it's about who will be ready week 3 if Edelman gets hurt or Dobson implodes. It's about insurance for a position that has seen a pretty much wholesale turnover.

Our 6th WR is more important than our 5th RB or 4th TE at this point.

I think that it's a fair debate, fnordcircle. I just feel that it may be overkill at a position that we already have what seems to be a somewhat promising developmental receiver on the PS, along with another on the NFI list.

On top of that, as ctpatsfan77 points out the WR5 will be inactive anyways, and we already are pretty loaded with rookies at the moment who may/may not pan out.

Unless Belichick really regretted seeing Salas leave last year and wants to correct that mistake, I'd have to imagine that he's going to choose to pass on bringing him in at this point in time.

IF something were to happen with both Amendola and Edelman in the slot, they'd likely use either Josh Boyce or consider bringing in a journeyman slot guy to get us over the hump. It's hard to imagine bringing in another young player for that role in my opinion. Either way, I definitely agree that it makes for an intriguing discussion as Salas' upside is supposedly decent.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back