PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

So what's the next move at SS? Just go with Gregory and T.Wilson? Or grab someone else?
Most likely some combo of Gregory, Wilson, and Harmon, unless Nate "Ball Magnet" Ebner is both healthy and has learned how to play safety :eek:

50/53, with room for flexibility to add.

5 RBs and 1 FB though? BB either sees Bolden's potential or is currently shopping him. Why have essentially a 6th RB?

What do you mean, we don’t have 6 RB, we have 4 with Bolden, and 2 other guys who fill different roles.

• Ridley
• Vereen
• Blount
• Bolden

• Washington is KR/PR, calling him a RB is almost to the degree of calling Slater a WR.

• Develin is a FB, he is not a running back, and seeing that Hooman is still on the roster who can also serve as a blocking back I am inclined to believe Develin is simply keeping a seat warm for someone.

Spievey is a half decent SS but does have concussion history.

Or maybe BB is going to use Cole as a safety! ;)

Patriots release 13 players and place S Adrian Wilson on injured reserve

Adrian Wilson to IR. Tarp, McDonald cut.

Kline not cut as reported earlier.

Adrian Wilson to injured reserve, unless he is the designated with the in season return label he is basically being paid to be a mentor like we paid Will Allen last season to do. It is a shame I was fired up for Wilson to be here and hoping for a Harrison like impact, I really hope Tavon or Duron step up, I do not hate Gregory but he is not my dream safety, and that’s putting it politely.

SMY and Field Yates are counting up to 51 on Twitter. So that's the figure for now.

Difference vs. earlier reporting at 53 are:

• A. Wilson to IR
  • Tarpinian cut
  • McDonald gone, not Kline (numerically a wash)

QB - 2 Brady, Mallett,
RB - 5 Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, Blount
FB - 1 Develin
C - 1 Wendell, Kline
G - 2 Mankins, Connolly
OT - 4 Vollmer, Solder, Svitek, Cannon,
WR - 6 Amendola, Slater, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Thompkins
TE - 3 Rob Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui, Sudfeld
DE - 4 Ninkovich, Bequette, Buchahan, Chandler Jones
DT - 3 Wilfork, Vellano, Kelly
LB - 6 Mayo, Collins, Spikes, Fletcher, Hightower, Beauharnais
CB - 5 Talib, Ryan, Dennard, Arrington, Cole,
S - 5 McCourty, Gregory, Tavon Wilson, Ebner, Harmon
P - 1 Allen
K - 1 Gostkowski
LS - 1 Aiken

What is the reason to get below 53 before you know who you can get to fill the empty slots?

Still can't fathom why Kline is still on the roster. Something must be in the works.

What is the reason to get below 53 before you know who you can get to fill the empty slots?

I'd have kept Winn and Sims for the present, even if I was going to dump them when something else came up.

QB - 2 Brady, Mallett,
RB - 5 Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, Blount
FB - 1 Develin
C - 1 Wendell, Kline
G - 2 Mankins, Connolly
OT - 4 Vollmer, Solder, Svitek, Cannon,
WR - 6 Amendola, Slater, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Thompkins
TE - 3 Rob Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui, Sudfeld
DE - 4 Ninkovich, Bequette, Buchahan, Chandler Jones
DT - 3 Wilfork, Vellano, Kelly
LB - 6 Mayo, Collins, Spikes, Fletcher, Hightower, Beauharnais
CB - 5 Talib, Ryan, Dennard, Arrington, Cole,
S - 5 McCourty, Gregory, Tavon Wilson, Ebner, Harmon
P - 1 Allen
K - 1 Gostkowski
LS - 1 Aiken

I still can't believe that they are keeping all of those running backs, but it looks like they are.

1)I believe that A Wilson was on the 53 at 6:00 and on the Reserve List at 6:01. My understanding of the rule is that he had to be on the 53.

2) It makes no difference whether Tarpinian was cut today or tomorrow. It is simply easier to be more flexible. The reality is that there will be lots of transactions in the next couple of weeks (before Game Two). As has point out, there were 12 transactions last year in the time between the "final 53" and the playing of Game One.

Every day at 4PM, we will be at 53 or lower. There is no particular reason to be at 53, now, or during the season.

My question exactly!

Belichick is banking on an injury free first three weeks with Gronk being on the active roster. And I still have no idea why you guys cut Zolton. Just heard it was a money issue next year??

BILL: Ernie, you remember Ken Walter, don’t you.

ERNIE: Oh sure, he was the one with those hilarious pictures of you and what’s-her-name. Man, he sucked as a punter!

BILL: Yeah, OK, but wait a minute. How many Superbowl rings does he have.

ERNIE: Three, I guess – if he hasn’t sold any.

BILL: Now look at Zoltan. Good punter, I grant you. Left-footed too – I thought that would do it – but how many rings does he have?

ERNIE: Where are you going with this, Bill?

BILL: You see! You see! He's too good. They don’t call me the Mad Genius for nothing, you know.

Word was that Mesko's agent's and Pats had talks about Zoltan's next contract in 2014 and the figures were out of whack with what Pats thought the position was worth. Allen was the way to avoid next year's headaches ala AV.

I'm not happy that Mesko has been cut, but that scenario makes sense to me.

Word was that Mesko's agent's and Pats had talks about Zoltan's next contract in 2014 and the figures were out of whack with what Pats thought the position was worth. Allen was the way to avoid next year's headaches ala AV.

That's probably right ... but I like my story better. ;)

Every day at 4PM, we will be at 53 or lower. There is no particular reason to be at 53, now, or during the season.

Almost none, true, but if a team carries a third-year player on the PS, they MUST have 53 men on the roster "every day at 4 PM."

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back