PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Cuts: Boyce, Bequette, Worthy, Beauharnais...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That level of crazy talk can get you sent to the ha-ha house.

I am already there.

I just dont think he would have worked here given his personality. Then again, a strong locker room can do wonders.

Both Davis's
released there is a plan afoot at linebacker or d end, Maybe Bequette found some more pictures and is back in the fold?
Maybe they do go to the 3-4 as they did in the pre season where they had our regular DEs as outside linebackers and only 2 real linebackers. It might just be that there isn't such a huge need for linebackers any more. There will probably just be 2 linebackers on the field most of the time.

On the one hand, you are right in that would I take 2013/14 Dez Bryant? Yes.

But if I had to take 2010/2011/2012 Dez Bryant to get him? Hell no. He wouldn't have lasted long enough.
Not so sure that is true. Dennard served time this offseason and well there is that whole serial killer TE thing. We would have made it work with Bryant.

But if I had to take 2010/2011/2012 Dez Bryant to get him? Hell no. He wouldn't have lasted long enough.

Yeah I'm sure glad the Patriots trotted out Chad Johnson in the Super Bowl in 2011 rather than Dez Bryant, and there's no way 92 catches and 10 TDs would have helped in the 2012 AFCCG.

What did Belichick say when he drafted Gronk and Hernandez we are looking for football players not choir boys

He'd have lasted, just fine. I'm confident that Brady would rather have been throwing to him than to Chad Johnson and Tiquan Underwood.

no love here for Patterson in teh New England system.

I disagree here. You're telling me a guy as versatile as Patterson wouldn't fit here? Doesn't Belichick preach all the time how much he loves Versatility. Can you imagine what Belichick would do with a guy like Patterson's talent? Patterson is a guy who excells in special teams(Can change a game at any moment with a kick return TD), can take end arounds and run 80 yards for the TD with his blinding speed, and can take a slant reception and turn on the jets and take it 80 yards for the TD. He's a big playmaker, a game changer, he has so much talent, SIZE, and speed, he can take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. Can you imagine having a # 1 like Patterson on the team and combining him with slot WRs like Edelman, Amendola, and a TE like Gronkowski? Our offense would be unstoppable. Our special teams would be instantly better.

Why is it that some people seem to think only short, slow, hard working possession WRs can make it in our system? There are some big, fast, extremely talented WRs out there who could learn the system just as well, and turn our offense from very good to unstoppable. Patterson, in my opinion, would be that guy.

With Cave being cut, that leaves 7 more cuts to make.

I nailed the Boyce cut 3 weeks ago. He's a dog.

Jonas Gray hopefully makes the PS.

Jake the Snake will have a fine wake for the next few months on this board.Mourners from 31 other teams should be inundating the threads any moment now.

Other than Beauharais, I see no surprises. And he is only a minor one.

Yeah I'm sure glad the Patriots trotted out Chad Johnson in the Super Bowl in 2011 rather than Dez Bryant, and there's no way 92 catches and 10 TDs would have helped in the 2012 AFCCG.

There was talk about the Cowboys trading Bryant because he was just too high-maintenance in 2011 and early in 2012.

I disagree here. You're telling me a guy as versatile as Patterson wouldn't fit here? Doesn't Belichick preach all the time how much he loves Versatility. Can you imagine what Belichick would do with a guy like Patterson's talent? Patterson is a guy who excells in special teams(Can change a game at any moment with a kick return TD), can take end arounds and run 80 yards for the TD with his blinding speed, and can take a slant reception and turn on the jets and take it 80 yards for the TD. He's a big playmaker, a game changer, he has so much talent, SIZE, and speed, he can take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. Can you imagine having a # 1 like Patterson on the team and combining him with slot WRs like Edelman, Amendola, and a TE like Gronkowski? Our offense would be unstoppable. Our special teams would be instantly better.

Why is it that some people seem to think only short, slow, hard working possession WRs can make it in our system? There are some big, fast, extremely talented WRs out there who could learn the system just as well, and turn our offense from very good to unstoppable. Patterson, in my opinion, would be that guy.

Patterson still hasn't really done anything in the NFL except for a few games at the end of last season and as a kick returner. He looked thoroughly lost for most of the year and was only slightly more productive than Aaron Dobson despite playing a lot more. Let's hold off on carving his bust for now.

4 i think. 75 - 53 = 22.

we currently have 16 cuts and 2 suspended players (Browner/Tyms) so that is 18. only 4 more to go i think.

But, but, Boyce is playing so well in this preseason game of Madden 15 I am playing against the Eagles right now...

Patterson was said to not be a good student of the game I don't know know how well he would of worked out with a teacher and innovator like Belichick my guess is that he would of got buried on the depth chart Ala Bethel Johnson.
Prediction is Tyms works his way of the field on a regular basis this season and makes some big plays as well.

There was talk about the Cowboys trading Bryant because he was just too high-maintenance in 2011 and early in 2012.

There's always an ESPN narrative around the Cowboys. It's usually entirely fictional.

But, but, Boyce is playing so well in this preseason game of Madden 15 I am playing against the Eagles right now...
I lead the nfl In yards and touchdowns with him in Madden 25 on franchise mode and he went to a 92 overall.
ugh what could of been.

In a hypothetical world where the Pats drafted Dez, that means they don't have McCourty, and everyone would be complaining about how he can't draft anyone in the secondary. I'm happy with the pick that they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back