PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots claim (update: Cut) RB Trey Williams - (Flowers to IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flowers was drafted to eventually replace Ninkovich at LDE/LOLB. He has a similar makeup and playing style. Grissom offered more with his ability to rush from the interior and he is better on special teams.
Or Jones in 2017

.....and reality rears its ugly head and bursts our balloon of over hyped optimism.

BTW- that was a great analysis of the pluses and minus's of Trey Williams. You can't help but being excited after watching some of the highlights with Washington and A&M. That guy's stuff needs to be must read material on the Draft board this season. However they aptly stated the issues the kid has had to this point. Will he be willing to be coached. Will he pass block? Will he catch the ball? Will he do all the other things a RB needs to do when he isn't carrying the ball?

That has yet to be seen, and given what's out there at this point in the season, he's already done his job, since he has gotten us excited and looking forward to seeing him play.

BOTTOM LINE - James White probably has just this next game to do something that will make him stand out. Otherwise he is nothing more than a dead man walking. A guy who isn't going to see a 3rd season with the Pats.
Calling "garbage" after 9 carries is no more "reality" than predicting greatness for the kid.

What makes me feel good is imagining Jerrah's "Oh sh!t!" moment when he found out the Pats had picked him up.

I'm confused, did we get him from the Cowboys or the skins?

What makes me feel good is imagining Jerrah's "Oh sh!t!" moment when he found out the Pats had picked him up.
This thread from a Cowboys board about the Pats getting him is pretty funny. Full of resigned, "well, now he'll be a star" posts. I think my favorite is this:

"I'm just stoked that they took a player that we once had. That means we are doing something right in the scouting department!"

Trey Williams Claimed by Pats | Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com

That Foxboro Flu is going around...[/QUOTE)
Given the length and description of Collins mystery illness, I wonder if he contracted Lyme disease. Three weeks is about right if caught right away. Having had it, I have to say weakness was the major symptom.

This thread from a Cowboys board about the Pats getting him is pretty funny. Full of resigned, "well, now he'll be a star" posts. I think my favorite is this:

"I'm just stoked that they took a player that we once had. That means we are doing something right in the scouting department!"

Trey Williams Claimed by Pats | Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com
So despite all the talk about how much the Patriots are hated throughout the league, clearly the team is respected for its football acumen. O.k. Bring on the hate.

Last edited:
Why did Lewis have to fu.cking get hurt?

I know it is not a popular thing, but that is his history. Fumbles and injuries. I said it at the beginning as well, as I saw lots of Lewis when he was with Philly. Philly had another guy, Bryce Brown who looked absolutely amazing in several games -but just could not hold the ball and stay on the field.

this is off topic but, will Flowers and Rufus still be on the team next year considering we already have Nink, Jones and Sheard?

Ah running back, the one position where you can pick up a guy on the street in the middle of the year and he just might play better than the guys you currently have.

Dion was great for our offense, but he wasn't a great player. His skillset filled an open role in this offense that already had big time firepower. It looks like Williams *may* have a similar skillset.

Lewis was huge on the swing passes and screens because he could make a guy miss and put on some jets. No one on our roster can do that. It appears Williams has that ability as much, or even more, than Lewis. Coming in mid-season makes it really tough for him to come in and be as big of a part of the offense. But if he can take 15-20 snaps and get 5-7 effective touches it will be a huge win. Especially if it means getting that screen game going again.

We'll see. I'm not expecting anything, but i'm hopeful.

this is off topic but, will Flowers and Rufus still be on the team next year considering we already have Nink, Jones and Sheard?

Well, considering that Flowers and Rufus were on the team *this year* when we already had Nink, Jones, and Sheard, I think the answer would be yes - if they continue to improve and show they're worthy of a spot.

Well, considering that Flowers and Rufus were on the team *this year* when we already had Nink, Jones, and Sheard, I think the answer would be yes - if they continue to improve and show they're worthy of a spot.
Don't know about Johnson but Flowers was one of the steals in the draft. Nink, Jones, and
Sheard have contracts that expire after 2016. Probably need Flowers as insurance.

Dion was great for our offense, but he wasn't a great player. His skillset filled an open role in this offense that already had big time firepower. It looks like Williams *may* have a similar skillset.

Lewis was huge on the swing passes and screens because he could make a guy miss and put on some jets. No one on our roster can do that. It appears Williams has that ability as much, or even more, than Lewis. Coming in mid-season makes it really tough for him to come in and be as big of a part of the offense. But if he can take 15-20 snaps and get 5-7 effective touches it will be a huge win. Especially if it means getting that screen game going again.

We'll see. I'm not expecting anything, but i'm hopeful.
I think your eye test needs an eye test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST