PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots claim (update: Cut) RB Trey Williams - (Flowers to IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the CAP implications to signing Trey and then releasing him? Miguel?

The question now is who gets the roster spot? They need help in the running game and a personal fav but admittedly a long shot from the PS would be Iosefa (RB).

Iosefa...me likes. IF he can catch as advertised...then what an interesting twist that might bring to 3rd down. A RB built like a FB that can catch with Mason leading the charge and an aggressive / cohesive o-line.

I was looking forward to seeing Williams play in a Pats jersey. Gotta trust the coaches' assessment though.

Anyway, I hope the Raiders somehow end up waiving Roy Helu. He's done next to nothing for them this year but I feel like he'd fit well here.

Wow. A lot of turnover at the bottom of the roster - corner, RB, little at WR.
They really need to pick someone and let them learn the playbook. Getting late to keep adding people off the street and hope for a contribution.

they are probably happy with the way white played last sunday.

they are probably happy with the way white played last sunday.

Meh I'm still disappointed with him. You see how easily he got knocked down short of the endzone? That should have been a TD! And no pick six then. but so should have Amendola's dropped catch.:(

Or maybe the defense do how it did in practice. Who knows. Also could be a numbers thing.

I quoted the post that said Williams mimicked Sproles. Since Sproles tore us up, I was saying William's mimicking didn't work out well.

So the Pats defy another law of nature - "Conservation of Treys" goes out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back