PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots = Chicago Bulls of the NFL

Thunderhead

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
After hearing Wolf say today that he, "feel(s) good about where we are" in regard to the offensive roster, it dawned on me that I have no faith in the leadership or direction of this organization. That comment, combined with the total dud that was FA, Jerod Mayo's waffling in comments to the media, the Kraft drama (propaganda documentary/assassination of Bill Belichick) - none of it sits well.

The Patriots are going to become the Chicago Bulls of the NFL. A concentrated run of utter dominance by an otherwise completely irrelevant franchise.

verklempt saturday night live GIF

Until we know what a post Bill Belichick direction actually looks like, this is dumb.
Of course - I'm just prognosticating. Hope I'm wrong, because football is my favorite sport and I'll be glued to every Pats game no matter what, but it really feels like amateur hour in Foxboro from the top down.

After hearing Wolf say today that he, "feel(s) good about where we are" in regard to the offensive roster, it dawned on me that I have no faith in the leadership or direction of this organization. That comment, combined with the total dud that was FA, Jerod Mayo's waffling in comments to the media, the Kraft drama (propaganda documentary/assassination of Bill Belichick) - none of it sits well.

The Patriots are going to become the Chicago Bulls of the NFL. A concentrated run of utter dominance by an otherwise completely irrelevant franchise.

It could happen. It's always difficult to replace a superstar player. Brady's a once in a lifetime, generational player at QB.

Realistically the Patriots as of right this minute suck. And the Patriots of upcoming 2024 are also going to suck.

All you can hope for is organizational growth and improvement year by year. That starts with the draft.

Look if Danny Ainge didn't rob the Nets blind and end up with the #3 pick overall (Jaylen Brown) followed by the #1 pick overall, which we then traded down and still got our top guy in Jayson Tatum, the Celtics wouldn't be hunting for the championship this year.

I don't think we're going to get a Brooklyn Nets type haul for #3. All we can hope is to stick our picks in this year's draft and start the rebuild process on the right foot. A decade of poor drafting has impoverished the Patriots offense to the point it was #32 ranked in points scored last season, DEAD LAST in the NFL. Then the salary cap people showed that we were outspending on our defense by a factor of 2:1 vs the offense. No wonder we sucked there! BB's contempt for building the offense landed us in the poorhouse in terms of talent.

Now we gotta recover and there's no predicting how long that process will take.

Two years. Minimum. If we miss on the franchise quarterback, and Belichick is right about its being a 50/50 prospect, 5-10 years.

@Clonamery

https://juicesportsblog.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/marshawn-lynch-hold-my-****-0.jpg

Maybe, maybe not

What do you expect Wolf to say, we suck??
The same freaking BS over and over and over.. the Pats are rebuilding and it will take several years to get to where they need to be.
The character assassination of BB is what owners in this town do, remember when they crapped all over Francona when he left town??
This ******** is getting tiring.. there are 31 other teams looking for fans, might want to think about moving on.

They were the NFL's version of the Chicago Bulls/2000's Lakers during both Dynasties. Media and fans loved it when they lost because they knew how good they were. However, I do think dark times will continue unless they land the next stud QB.

Until we know what a post Bill Belichick direction actually looks like, this is dumb.

I agree, but until then, it's hard to discuss things that don't involve stupid amounts of speculation. Take advantage of it and toss some hot takes out yourself, it's liberating.

We are seeing the post-BB direction unfold. The Pats resigned all of BB's draft picks, the Pats signed mid to low level FAs, and the Pats renegotiated contracts to lower cap hits for players staying on the roster - exactly what the BB management did. What has actually changed? There is a lot of kumbaya in the press because they hated the BB press conferences, but nothing has changed so far. What will signify a post-BB direction to you?

Realistically the Patriots as of right this minute suck. And the Patriots of upcoming 2024 are also going to suck.

All you can hope for is organizational growth and improvement year by year. That starts with FA and the draft.

I don't think we're going to get a Brooklyn Nets type haul for #3. All we can hope is to stick our picks in this year's draft and start the rebuild process on the right foot. Clearly we did not start on the right foot with FA. A decade of poor drafting has impoverished the Patriots offense to the point it was #32 ranked in points scored last season, DEAD LAST in the NFL. Then the salary cap people showed that we were outspending on our defense by a factor of 2:1 vs the offense. No wonder we sucked there! BB's contempt for building the offense landed us in the poorhouse in terms of talent.

I helped you out with the comments in Bold. You conveniently forgot FA since it did not support your supposition. And now there is no predicting how long that process will take = indefinitely long process so do not complain or raise any concerns. In 4 months you have gone from one of the biggest critics to one of the biggest ass kissers on this site.

What do you expect Wolf to say, we suck??
The same freaking BS over and over and over.. the Pats are rebuilding and it will take several years to get to where they need to be.
The character assassination of BB is what owners in this town do, remember when they crapped all over Francona when he left town??
This ******** is getting tiring.. there are 31 other teams looking for fans, might want to think about moving on.

You seem to have forgotten FA. We signed zero top level FAs with the second most cap space in 2024 and the most cap space over 2024 and 2025. Did you ever wonder why we have so much cap space? Interesting question. It might be because the Pats have the lowest actual cash spend over the last ten years. But if someone is bold enough to mention this, what is the response? Go find another team because posters on PatsFans are too sensitive to read and admit the truth. DarrlyS is tired of hearing the truth, so everyone else has to move on.

If you do not agree with DarrlyS, he will take his ball and go home.

We are seeing the post-BB direction unfold. The Pats resigned all of BB's draft picks, the Pats signed mid to low level FAs, and the Pats renegotiated contracts to lower cap hits for players staying on the roster - exactly what the BB management did. What has actually changed? There is a lot of kumbaya in the press because they hated the BB press conferences, but nothing has changed so far. What will signify a post-BB direction to you?
It's been 3 months. We have not had a draft, we have not a training camp, we have not seen the team play a snap, we don't know what the offensive system will look like, we don't know who the QB leading the team will be, etc.

You are basing your opinion entirely off a free agency where the consensus across the league is that this was an exceptionally weak free agency class and the unprecedented cap increase took a lot of projected players out of the market.

Acting like I'm giving them way too much time seems crazy to me when we've seen one phase of the off season which I think almost every fan on this site would say was far weaker than they thought it would be in terms of available talent going in

You seem to have forgotten FA. We signed zero top level FAs with the second most cap space in 2024 and the most cap space over 2024 and 2025. Did you ever wonder why we have so much cap space? Interesting question. It might be because the Pats have the lowest actual cash spend over the last ten years. But if someone is bold enough to mention this, what is the response? Go find another team because posters on PatsFans are too sensitive to read and admit the truth. DarrlyS is tired of hearing the truth, so everyone else has to move on.

If you do not agree with DarrlyS, he will take his ball and go home.
We have so much cap because we've done a ****ty job team building the last few several years and we haven't had enough players worth signing to long term contracts. That happens when you've been terrible at the draft for nearly a decade

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back