PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots charge fans $4.50 for tap water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody in the NE region knew it was going to be a very warm Sunday, so no excuses for this situation.

Gotta wonder how many folks had dehydration/health issues and if there will be subsequent law suits, particularly as they do not allow a fan to bring in liquids to the game.. the assumption being that hydration is readily available within the stadium.

Lol can the media manage to spin this into a cheating scandal?

It's illegal to charge for tap water

They figure if fans will pay $50 to park their car a mile away from the stadium, they'll pay for anything.

Don't worry

That got that covered, also.

McCourty is going to be out there kneeling at 0600 Sunday with the parking attendant in section 2A.

He'll be staring at the orange barrel so 's he's not confused.....he's just thinking real hard.

That's such a massive gesture, Kraft will be PAYING YOU $50 next home game!

Last edited:
I took my best friend to a game a few years ago and he's blind. He brought his guide dog with him. At the end of the game we went to the concession stand to get a cup so we could fill it with water from the fountain and the lady at the stand said she'd have to charge us for the cup because they keep track of them. I had to pull one from the trash. That really pissed us off.

I took my best friend to a game a few years ago and he's blind. He brought his guide dog with him. At the end of the game we went to the concession stand to get a cup so we could fill it with water from the fountain and the lady at the stand said she'd have to charge us for the cup because they keep track of them. I had to pull one from the trash. That really pissed us off.

That's not as silly as it sounds. Many places work their inventory under the assumption that a cup equals a purchased drink. It was like that in fast food places I worked in 35 years ago, even. That's why a lot of places have different cups for people who ask for water. So in a non-emergency situation like you describe I can't fault the concessionaire.

Running out of water on a scorching day is a different matter, though, especially since everyone knew for days that Sunday would be a scorcher.

I'm guessing BK will comp the stadium a free bottle of water.
Cost for 1/2 liter at Costco....11 cents
Take in $4.50....give back 11 cents....BK always wins

He probably got the idea from his pal Jerry Jones.

Almost universally, concessions at sports stadiums (even at the college and high school levels), and other large event venues, are operated by outside contractors who are awarded the "concession" after a vetting/bidding process conducted by (probably) mid-level directors/managers of the venue. These contractors are usually multi-state regional or even national corporations. And, yes, the concession operators do track their beverage sales by cup count. Furthermore, if that cup count is significantly different from the sales register tracking at the end of the day, one or more minimum wage workers are going to be out of a job - unless there's a policy/authorization protocol already in place for dealing with situations like what occurred at Gillette on Sunday.

The larger the concession company, the more layers of management there are. My guess is that whichever corporation holds the concession for Gillette either doesn't have a policy to cover the Gillette situation or their on-site managers don't have the authority to approve the implementation of that policy and either couldn't or wouldn't contact a "higher-up" to get authorization.

Regardless, the responsibility for the debacle falls squarely on the shoulders of the concession operator, and certainly not on the Krafts themselves. However, the Krafts strike me as "the buck stops here" sort of people, so it seems likely to me that they'll take at least some measure of personal responsibility publicly at some point.

Even I'm not that cheap. Please tell me you are joking. Do you know how dangerous that is? Come, on.

Even I'm not that cheap. Please tell me you are joking. Do you know how dangerous that is? Come, on.

I imagine its for the dog ;) They don't mind a bit of dumpster diving.

That's not as silly as it sounds. Many places work their inventory under the assumption that a cup equals a purchased drink. It was like that in fast food places I worked in 35 years ago, even. That's why a lot of places have different cups for people who ask for water. So in a non-emergency situation like you describe I can't fault the concessionaire.

Running out of water on a scorching day is a different matter, though, especially since everyone knew for days that Sunday would be a scorcher.

They pulled that on me at Subway once. I wanted to buy a sub roll. I only get three items in my sandwich, all relatively cheap and they are stingy with the tomatoes- even if you order extra. They were willing to sell me just the roll. When I asked how much it was, the girl looked at me with a completely straight face, no sense of embarrassment or apologetics and told me $5. This was the price of a foot long at the time. After I determined she was being serious I declined, went home, got on youtube and learned how to make my own. I have been making my own ever since. They are better than Subway's, fresher and much cheaper at about 20 cents a piece not counting the cost of running the stove.

When I was a kid I worked at a Pizza Hut. People would come in with weird requests all the time. There was a regular that would order extra, extra, extra cheese on her cheese sticks. It was disgusting. Nasty, cheap Pizza Hut fake cheese an inch and a half thick, thicker than the bread. We didn't even have a way to punch in that much extra cheese. We just charged her for other things to make up the difference. Money is money. If somebody was willing to pay for something we would sell it to them. I know for a fact that Dunking Donuts will sell you a massive cup of water for 25 cents. The charge is for the cup. Which is very reasonable.

I imagine its for the dog ;) They don't mind a bit of dumpster diving.

I missed the dog part. It's 5:30am and I can't sleep. Haven't been to bed yet. Probably not going to at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back