PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick opens the door for Gillette Stadium to go back to grass instead of turf field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actual Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Belichick opens the door to major change at Gillette Stadium

Insightful, as to how they do things over there.

We had just lost a mud bowl vs. the Jets; Tom's virtually automatic on turf; they host athletic events there often enough that minimizing field maintenance makes a difference logistically and financially; Kraft had the resources and got the league's permission to do it; and Belichick was okay with it. It seems to have worked out very well. My great-grandfather was one of the doctors at Harvard who recommended banning the game in 1905 due to its excessive violence; while I'm glad they didn't succeed, I still have great concern for the well being of all players at all levels. Statistics in the past have shown no difference in the pros, in risk of injury on either surface. I have always preferred grass; I think that's what the game was meant to be played on, and I would welcome a return, but I understand if Lambeau has fewer teams playing on it than Gillette.

It was less than a year later, that Goodell, oozed out of his Sen. Palpatine disguise and dropped a Hiroshima bomb on us over nothing; followed on 4/1/08 by Kraft's insane admission of culpability by the team and pitiful apology to his despicable fellow owners, essentially saying, "Thank you, Roger, may we have another?" Seven years later, Goodell obliged, dropping a Nagasaki bomb on us with zero indication of wrongdoing by the team, let alone evidence.

I think Parcells had Kraft pegged right from the get go; Carroll and Belichick had the same problems with meddling until Kraft actually wised up. Kraft acquiesced to the league in all matters, and the Patriots conversely, always came last. With regard to the you-know-what, I'll just point out that Orthwein was a) assigned by the league, b) from the midwest, c) had nothing but contempt and disdain for the Patriots, and d) had the sole intention of moving the team to St. Louis. As is typical in terrible, wrong decisions, his petition to the league for his "image makeover" was implemented hastily and just in time for the start of the season. I've got a whole stadium full of fellow Patriots fans who agree; maybe Kraft gave away his tickets for that game in '79. Imagine a Raiders fan being temporarily assigned to own the Steelers; after a couple of months there, he'd say the U.S. Steel logo is outdated, the black colors are historically inaccurate, and the Steelers suck anyway so it's time for an image makeover.

Better yet, how's about if Robert and Jonathan take an extended vacation to Europe and the league assigns Steve Bisciotti to run the Pats while they're away-Robert will say "Sure, anything you say!"-and after a week or two here Bisciotti concludes, "You know, the Patriots have cheated so much in this century, and they've damaged the league so much, and they're obviously so broken and ridiculed, that it's clearly time for an image makeover."

Don't worry, all the kids born now and after will be able to look back with ignorance, hatred and disdain for the Brady era, and say, "The loser Patriots are dead and buried."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back