PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots bring Pierre Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would agree with that, using young guys is one thing...but using guys JUST so they can be rated during the actual season is...interesting

Agreed - otherwise, would it mean they don't think Cunnigham or Ninko are cutting it in the nickel? Or, rather, are they simply trying to spare guys from reps to keep them fresh for the end of the game? If yes to either, who takes those reps that Crable had the other nite, going forward?

Last edited:
Good lord. Pierre Woods is like toe fungus that just keeps coming back. :mad:

Woods IMO is a much better option. He did more with his time here than Crable did. And other than pass rush he is probably better at most everything than Crable and Woods put up better numbers as a pass rusher than Crable too. Clearly the PT had something to do with it but I think we saw enough PT to know Crable was likely not going to be what we hoped pre-injury.

Good move. I'll take the guy who's good on special teams, sets the edge against the run, doesn't pass rush well and hustles all game long over the guy who's shown nothing on special teams, couldn't stop the run if he had a shotgun to help him, isn't showing much against the pass and seems to be either loafing on the field or unable to translate his speed to game day.

:woohoo: Welcome home Pierre!

Good move. I'll take the guy who's good on special teams, sets the edge against the run, doesn't pass rush well and hustles all game long over the guy who's shown nothing on special teams, couldn't stop the run if he had a shotgun to help him, isn't showing much against the pass and seems to be either loafing on the field or unable to translate his speed to game day.

Didn't notice him loafing on gameday. Interesting. Thats immediate grounds for dismissal no question.

Didn't notice him loafing on gameday. Interesting. Thats immediate grounds for dismissal no question.

I'm not saying that he definitely was loafing. He was slow moving and didn't seem to be going all out, but that could be because his speed wasn't translating into the game (either because he simply doesn't play as fast as he should or because he's thinking instead of reacting). I don't know which it was, but neither is a good thing.

I'm not saying that he definitely was loafing. He was slow moving and didn't seem to be going all out, but that could be because his speed wasn't translating into the game (either because he simply doesn't play as fast as he should or because he's thinking instead of reacting). I don't know which it was, but neither is a good thing.

Yep. Agreed.

Welcome back Pierre. I liked Woods (for what he was), so I'm not at all upset to see him back.

What I find interesting is how BB is working the roster this year. At the end of the season, I'd be very interested to see/make a chart of these various moves.

Situational football I guess. BB must think Woods is more valuable against the Colts than Crable.

While we are at it, we might as well bring back Alexander to cover the tight end.

Who called it? This guy <

As far as why, DI pretty much nailed it. He's a solid rotation LB and a very good STer. Fit's the #4 OLB bill perfectly.

Last edited:
Who called it? This guy <

want a cookie
internet_explorer_cache_sorted_for_cookies.png

Last edited:
While we are at it, we might as well bring back Alexander to cover the tight end.

While Tamme has been good, he's no Dallas Clark. I don't think covering the Tight End will be as difficult as it has been in the past.

UDFA take time to mature as OLB.... if tully is any trend who knows
woods might actually be better as he gets older.

you see Crable hustling over to the pile after the play is dead - never a good sign - also he's a reverse weeble - easy to knock down

UDFA take time to mature as OLB.... if tully is any trend who knows
woods might actually be better as he gets older.

No need to hope for something that isnt likely.

the two's paths are very different.

Tully got better each year he was here and earned a pretty good contract with the 49ers once he was a FA. He apperently didn't fit their system and came back to us better than when he left.

Where as Woods didnt make as consistant improvements through the years except as a STer and no one had intrest when he was free. Lets not try and convince ourselves he is the next Tully but instead focus on the fact that he is better than Crable and we seemingly improved our team even if slightly. Could his being out of football light a spark in him sure but even still he has a way to go to be considered as talented as Tully.

Glad to have him back. He's a proven commodity, and consistency has a quality all its own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes