PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots acquire OT Vederian Lowe from Vikings

I am just glad that Bill is searching high and Lowe for offensive tackle help, from fields of Wheatley to the coral Reiff. But at the end of the day you have to reap what you Sow. Bill, from this moment Onwenu think “Right Tackle”, there’s only one clear choice.

I am just glad that Bill is searching high and Lowe for offensive tackle help, from fields of Wheatley to the coral Reiff. But at the end of the day you have to reap what you Sow. Bill, from this moment Onwenu think “Right Tackle”, there’s only one clear choice.

Never a clearer statement for the return of Ashley :p

I never thought you would stoop so Lowe.

Only if, at the same time, Elliot Wolf is allowed to re-build the FO according to his own vision, including having the Final Say on draft picks.
Why is Wolf better than Groh? Please list examples

But it's once we start getting into the reserves that things could get really messy, really fast.

Agreed. And hopefully with Anderson (hope he gets better), Sow, Wheatley, and Lowe, we have a good RT and one or two good backups for LT and RT.

I am still also hoping for a superstar LT in next year's draft.

Agreed. And hopefully with Anderson (hope he gets better), Sow, Wheatley, and Lowe, we have a good RT and one or two good backups for LT and RT.

I am still also hoping for a superstar LT in next years draft.
Yeah, I was hoping for a high pick LT this last draft but I understand why they picked how they did. But while it feels like they're putting together their tackle situation with duck tape and wire in the short term, I like both Wheatley and Lowe as long term reserves/potential starters.

If you're expecting Lowe or to be a Hall of Fame player, then it's you whose expectations are whack.

Lowe is 24. Wheatley is 26. Wheatley was a conversion project. It's absolutely amazing have no issues with the Patriots having conversion projects and that project spending 1-2 years on the PS before getting their chance, but when another team does it and the Pats try to take advantage of it, you whine. You're so damn inconsistent it's mindboggling.

Both are low risk, medium reward potential players. They gave up a low draft pick and a 3rd/4th string RB, yet people here are acting like BB gave up the 1st round pick in each of the next two years. *SMH*

I expect these sorts of reactions from the Chicken Little Brigade. The fact we're seeing it from posters were good posters with 15+ years experience and have seen BB make this sort of move previously just leaves me in disbelief. It's like you've tossed aside al the knowledge that you had.

For Wheatley this is his 3rd rookie season.
A player who converted from TE to OT and spent the last 2 years LEARNING the position from one of the best in the league. But it's a guarantee he's garbage just because people on Patsfans say so.. *SMH*

A player who converted from TE to OT and spent the last 2 years LEARNING the position from one of the best in the league. But it's a guarantee he's garbage just because people on Patsfans say so.. *SMH*
I think garbage is a little strong. I would say unlikely to play meaningful minutes due to the fact he has never played in an NFL game.

They are def not as good or deep.....but can still bring a ton of pressure.
We'll see what their defense can do against the Pats. They are likely to still bring pressure, but how effective it will be is another story. I'm not making a prediction one way or the other. Too many moving parts still.

Yeah, I was hoping for a high pick LT this last draft but I understand why they picked how they did. But while it feels like they're putting together their tackle situation with duck tape and wire in the short term, I like both Wheatley and Lowe as long term reserves/potential starters.

I agree 100%. Can't pass on Gonzales or White, and hopefully Mapu is a stud too. They went with Sow in the 4th round. We will see. Not as big a hole as posters and sports commenters are making it out to be as 4 of the 5 spots are solid, and the RT position is not bad. If Onwenu and Strange are not ready for game one, it will be a bit rough.

RT, even Sow, will be an upgrade from McDermott and Wynn in 2022. Last year's backup was Ferentz - can't be worse this year. So overall better than last year (not great), and hopefully finally fixed next year.

I think garbage is a little strong. I would say unlikely to play meaningful minutes due to the fact he has never played in an NFL game.

The Pats targeted him when they had a need and thought a lot of him giving up Strong. I know Strong was possibly a disappointment, but he was a 4th rounder last year and very athletic. I am more hopeful than "unlikely".

The Pats targeted him when they had a need and thought a lot of him giving up Strong. I know Strong was possibly a disappointment, but he was a 4th rounder last year and very athletic. I am more hopeful than "unlikely".
I had Strong as a cut. A guy who can't find the whole and runs straight ahead with no wiggle, that's not going to help.

I thought they simply traded a guy who was going to get cut for a guy who the Browns were going to cut.

And the guy we got in return will probably be cut anyway.

Jets fans are talking about their rookie LT Carter Warren being cut.

Meanwhile Titans fans have this to say:

The idea that the RT the Patriots chose is worse than the guys that went after him is premature. The Patriots preferred him over them. We're waiting to see if they were right.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back