PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2014 AFC East Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning the AFCE is overrated. All the Pats have to do is have a better record than the Bills, Jets and Fins.

The real victories and accomplishments come in the playoffs.

This is just mind boggling. Winning the division secures you a spot in the playoffs. I mean we could be in an all out war trying to get a wild card spot hoping to win 2 games and praying someone else loses so we can get in like in 2008. Its a big deal, a VERY big deal. To act like it means nothing is ridiculous. We've been fortunate enough to have the success we've had but these type of reactions don't make sense to me at all.

This is just mind boggling. Winning the division secures you a spot in the playoffs. I mean we could be in an all out war trying to get a wild card spot hoping to win 2 games and praying someone else loses so we can get in like in 2008. Its a big deal, a VERY big deal. To act like it means nothing is ridiculous. We've been fortunate enough to have the success we've had but these type of reactions don't make sense to me at all.

Sorry pwes, I used the wrong word there. Winning the AFCE is of course the first step in the process and is very important. I meant that winning the AFCE is easier than having the best record, which could be viewed as more important.

The only reason those teams don't do better each year is playing in the same division as the Pats. If the Jills didn't see us already, the Ravens would be chasing them for a playoff birth.

The greatness of our team skews the division.

I seem to have missed the mark with my points in that post. I wasn't belittling the other three teams. It was a statement about how it's only three teams that the Pats have to beat to make the playoffs.

The Ravens, Cincy, Pitt and the Browns should thank their lucky stars that they hit the NFL lottery with 8 games against the AFCS and NFCS this year. I haven't looked that closely, but because of that they might get three teams into the playoffs.

As for the greatness of our team under B&B, I think it would take me a while to put it all into words. Let me just sum it up for now with one word, a word I hear bandied about in the game of poker. A word that can mean the best or the worst of something. The Pats are SICK.

Revis was quoted in the paper the other day saying this was his first hats and shirts game. He sounded happy and seemed to be enjoying it.

Anything that makes that guy happy to be a Patriot makes me very,very happy.

I try not to take the AFC East dominance for granted. It never fails to brighten my day when I consider there are teenaged fans of the other three teams who have spent virtually their entire lives looking up at the Pats and seeing nothing but our ass-ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes