PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 11th straight winning season!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Kapp never threw 14 INTs. He jump-shotputted them just like all his passes. If he could play in the NFL, then Tebow has a long career ahead of him.

I remember the days of Braves field, Fenway, Harvard, and the BC stands burning down, as well as "big time at last " Schaefer...

Mike Taliffero may have been a poor Jets scrub QB but he doesn't compare to the other Jets QB flotsam foisted on to Billy Sullivan? Whatever happened to Heisman winner Johnny Huarte? Did he ever throw a real pass in the NFL, ...er AFL?

Huarte, Taliaferro, Kapp, Don Trull, Kim Hammond ... there was a whole lot of flotsam and jetsam being trumped up as the anointed heir apparent to Parilli before they drafted Plunkett. Unfortunately the line in front of him should have been charged with conspiracy to commit aggravated assault with the lack of protection they gave him.

Huarte's career highlight was going 3-for-6 for 46 yards, plus five rushes for 15 yards in garbage time late in his rookie season against the Oilers.

His runner-up highlight game came two years later with the Eagles when he threw his only NFL touchdown in his only NFL start. His final stats for that game:3-for-9 (33%) for 45 yards; 1 TD, 2 INT; 5.00 yards per attempt; 48.1 QB rating; and one rush for a loss of two yards.

John Huarte NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
John Huarte Career Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles - September 22nd, 1968 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

great, great thread

Woot! Congrats to BB and Co.! Hopefully this streak will continue for many years.

I think 1990-1992 were the bottom of the barrel

I hope it's a long time until this team is in that comparison

Ah yes, the humillenating years. Who could ever remember just how humillenating it was to be a Patriot fan then?

Joe Kapp never threw 14 INTs. He jump-shotputted them just like all his passes. If he could play in the NFL, then Tebow has a long career ahead of him.

I remember the days of Braves field, Fenway, Harvard, and the BC stands burning down, as well as "big time at last " Schaefer...

Mike Taliffero may have been a poor Jets scrub QB but he doesn't compare to the other Jets QB flotsam foisted on to Billy Sullivan? Whatever happened to Heisman winner Johnny Huarte? Did he ever throw a real pass in the NFL, ...er AFL?

After the Kapp signing, the Boston media dubbed him "the Hub Kapp". Worst Pats QB ever.

People dump on Taliferro but when I met him off the field as a kid, he was a classy guy.

The worst trade of that era was star middle linebacker, team leader, and MA boy Nick Buonaconti for Dolphins backup QB Kim Hammond. WTF??

As the saying goes, once you've spent time in the valley, the mountain top is all the sweeter.

Sweet, indeed.

...and Schaeffer beer???? Only freakin' Billy would sign a deal with the WORST friggin' tasting beer in drinking history...I STILL get headaches thinking about THOSE hangovers.....

Well it was the "One Beer to Have When You're Havin' More than One"!!!!!

Can anyone even imagine some ad exec trying to get THAT one on TV/Radio in this day and age? :D

A couple of points stick out here.

-Pitt & NE enjoyed great success with one QB

Two things

1.) Matt Cassel might have something to say about this. After all, he did man the fort for almost all of 2008. I get your point though.

2.) Note how Dallas and SF are 16 seasons. It's rare that a QB starts for a team for 16 straight years, nevermind have 16 winning seasons. Therefore, it would be quite expected for a streak of 16 years to include more than one QB. After all, if the Patriots streak lasts another ten years it WILL include another QB too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back