PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Pass makes it official...he has retired from the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with everything you said.

Do you remember who ran back punts in that game? I guess Troy?

Actually, since i looked up the box score, it was Troy. He pretty much had the punt returns locked up in those years, though, without looking, I think Faulk made a few? could be wrong.

Pass was agonizingly slow on KRs, but he always went forward, and the results were quite surprising. Respectable average with a lifetime high of 36.:D

Actually, since i looked up the box score, it was Troy. He pretty much had the punt returns locked up in those years, though, without looking, I think Faulk made a few? could be wrong.

Pass was agonizingly slow on KRs, but he always went forward, and the results were quite surprising. Respectable average with a lifetime high of 36.:D

Makes sense that that was Troy back there on punts. He had a pretty big one the next week in Pitt!

I liked Pass's deliberate, lumbering running style. Like the opposite of Ellis Hobbs.

Last edited:
According to your logic, if the Pats win the Super Bowl in 2010, Sam Aiken, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Mark LeVoir, Myron Pryor, Pierre Woods, Rob Ninkovich, James Sanders/Patrick Chung (whoever starts), Jonathan Wilhite, Darius Butler, Julian Edelman, and every other god damned versatile role player would be undeserving of a ring.

Patrick Pass was one hell of a versatile player for the Patriots in his time here. He was an adequate backup halfback his early years, transitioned to starting fullback for two Super Bowls, could be used as a third down back, kick returns, punt returns, was especially good at covering kicks, excellent in pass protection and as a receiver, and he even was effective when called upon in 2005 as a starter, until he blew his hamstring.

I really don't understand your negativity towards him.

I also don't see how he was "lucky" to be on the team for 7 years.

You can't luckily make an NFL roster (a Bill Belichick one, at that) for seven years.

He's got 3 more rings than any of us on the board will ever have...

He's got 3 more rings than any of us on the board will ever have...

speak for yourself

burgerkingonionrings.jpg

Was'nt he the one that grabbed his leg ;cause of a pulled hammy and fumbled the ball?

Yes, that was disgraceful.

But, didn't have a key reception or two in the drive that won SB 36?

Yes, that was disgraceful.

But, didn't have a key reception or two in the drive that won SB 36?

That was the immortal JR Redmond that you may be thinking of....

That was the immortal JR Redmond that you may be thinking of....

Ah yes, thanks for the correction. (Actually, it's easy enough to get those two confused.)

Another bit of Pass immortality was that play a few years ago against the Bengals, where Brady slipped and completed a throw to him in the flat from the sitting position: the pass to Pass from his ass.

Last edited:
The thing is, outside of his work on teams, fullback and as a more than adequate receiver, when injuries hit, you had a creditable RB without taking up an extra roster spot or scouring the waiver wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes