PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Chung arrested for assault and battery

I always liked him as a player. I thnk he always played well above his innate abilities.

As for the present mess, it just shows again what hopeless BS the "Sports build character" nonsense really is.

So just over two months before he's off the conditional release of the NH situation, and this happens?
If guilty here, he'll now have two trials/sentences to deal with simultaneously.
Either he really really has an impulse control problem, or someone in the family is playing a game here.

I always liked him as a player. I thnk he always played well above his innate abilities.

As for the present mess, it just shows again what hopeless BS the "Sports build character" nonsense really is.
I think participating in sports is a great distraction during rough times and helps to develop focus. And there are good lessons to be learned, like how to be a teammate and how to win and lose with dignity. But sports is certainly not a cure all.

I'm not arguing with you, just adding my thoughts.

Are you saying there was no tug?
no, just no conviction due to police issues. I'll wait before convicting Patrick

I dunno. A police report and arraignment are pretty solid sources.
Of what? At this point they just record what someone said. I believe these days police have little if any latitude to dismiss allegations of domestic assault. If she said he did it they can’t ignore her. So your “pretty solid sources” are nothing more than just he said, she said.

Of what? At this point they just record what someone said. I believe these days police have little if any latitude to dismiss allegations of domestic assault. If she said he did it they can’t ignore her. So your “pretty solid sources” are nothing more than just he said, she said.
True. And people should take a wait and see approach.

But, in passing, I agree with the « little if any latitude » strategy because for years people were getting beaten and not enough was being done / not enough were being believed…. It’s sad that some people live in dangerous situations. I wish they didn’t need to go through that.

True. And people should take a wait and see approach.

But, in passing, I agree with the « little if any latitude » strategy because for years people were getting beaten and not enough was being done / not enough were being believed…. It’s sad that some people live in dangerous situations. I wish they didn’t need to go through that.
Agree entirely, on both points. It’s a tough challenge because no strategy is always good. Restraining orders for example, necessary but too often ineffective or even inflammatory. And how often is the victim passively-aggressively triggering the perpetrator? But that dynamic is too close to victim blaming to be acceptable topic for discussion. Codependency is nasty, emotional competency gets overwhelmed too often. It’s really nasty. And our society hasn’t done well at figuring out how to have police handle emotional disturbances in general, let alone in domestic situations. Definitely sad. And a total mess.

also sad for a guy to tweet “best day of my life” and hours later be facing charges of domestic violence. Things obviously went off the rails big time somehow. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. But please let’s all wait and see, instead of jumping to assume whatever we choose to project.

Agree entirely, on both points. It’s a tough challenge because no strategy is always good. Restraining orders for example, necessary but too often ineffective or even inflammatory. And how often is the victim passively-aggressively triggering the perpetrator? But that dynamic is too close to victim blaming to be acceptable topic for discussion. Codependency is nasty, emotional competency gets overwhelmed too often. It’s really nasty. And our society hasn’t done well at figuring out how to have police handle emotional disturbances in general, let alone in domestic situations. Definitely sad. And a total mess.

also sad for a guy to tweet “best day of my life” and hours later be facing charges of domestic violence. Things obviously went off the rails big time somehow. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. But please let’s all wait and see, instead of jumping to assume whatever we choose to project.

Agree entirely, on both points.
I'm still amazed that NH's "fighting words doctrine" law stays on the books. It give an attacker a legal right if the words used "against them" were considered by a jury of their peers to be a reasonable provocation. I can imagine how the passive aggressive stuff gets played out in court testimony.

I am super curious.
Patrick Chung is innocent til proven guilty.
Let's wait for more evidence and leaks.

Not trying to defend anybody. Just reminding us that

1. That tweet was a day before today's news.
2. I think Chung was cleared of the NH incident. Someone correct me if I remember wrong but I thought he wasn't even in NH, and people he knew were using his property while he was out of state. I'm pretty sure he was cleared of all that NH stuff. If we're going to bring up items people were cleared of, then there should be a thousand Bob Kraft jokes on the forum.
3. This current news, again let's wait and hear. No more of this andyjohnson crap insinuating Malcolm Butler did drugs before the Eagles Superbowl, during the Superbowl thread with none of us knowing anything factual.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back