PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Passionate Dante Scarnecchia backs Nate Solder

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, ;K, are you saying that YOU are a better judge of athleticism from you couch once a week, than Dante is on the field EVERYDAY? That is simply the height of conceit. :rolleyes:

No I'm saying that I suspect Dante knows this too but is playing him out of position so far this preseason out of need, not because he thinks that Cannon is a better fit at RT. The depth at RG was better than what we had at RT so Cannon slides over there.

I'm all for In Scar We Trust, but if he thinks the tackle play so far through two preseason games has been acceptable, then I might have to rethink that...

Obviously, he's not going to throw his young players under the bus - so I don't take too much from these comments.

Scar is still the best iin the OL guy in the game so I expect Solder to be more effective than he has shown in pre season. However if the problem is in Solder's head that may not be so easy...teaching and maintaining technique is one thing but only Solder can overcome those mental blocks others have alluded to.

Unlike the Jets, we don't hurt our players mentally by talking about their weaknesses to the media.

Thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back