PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pacman Jones voices anger in Video:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, head injuries aside, the angle of the Burfict hit makes you worry about the cervical spine... rules of the game allowed this hit, if anybody else remembers... rules of physics haven't changed

He wasn't on the sidelines. He was next to the sidelines, but on the field.

LOL, look at the picture. He is ON the sideline. There is someone at the right of the picture who is strolling across and IN FRONT of them.

That is NOTHING like where Porter was last night.

You made the ridiculous analogy to this. And anyone seeing both instances can see the difference.

AR-151109380.jpg

Porter, on the other hand, is in between the freaking HASHMARKS:

images

Look, if Joey Porter means that much to you that you want to go all Ted Wells on his behalf and curve the story, have at it. But the pictures don't lie.

Last edited:
LOL, look at the picture. he ON the sideline. There is someone at the right of the picture who is strolling across and IN FRONT of them.

That is NOTHING like where Porter was last night.

You made the ridiculous analogy to this. And anyone seeing both instances can see the difference.

AR-151109380.jpg

You cannot tell if he is on the sidelines or not in that picture. I remember a side view where he was about a foot or two outside the sideline.

But either way, this is a side issue to the overall point and not worth highjacking the thread going back and forth over. I will just concede the point not to highjack the thread.

But it is in there an Porter was well beyond the bench area and refs who had no control should have flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct. The refs screwed up in that situation.
I don't know whether it's a rule or not but the refs did screw it up remarkably after they had been warned to keep both teams under control.

The post just after yours:

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter will be fined for coming on to field Saturday night and engaging Bengals players, per a source.

---hey where did you go???

Crickets........

$10-$30k fine that gives your team a free 15 yards that puts your team into the next round of the playoffs? Not a bad deal!

$10-$30k fine that gives your team a free 15 yards that puts your team into the next round of the playoffs? Not a bad deal!

vs.

4 game suspension.

1st round pick 2016

4th round pick 2017

.......for doing one's job when rain was happening on a 42 degree night.

Don't forget Antonio Brown has to pass concussion protocol to even play next week vs the Broncos, he was the best receiver in the league this year.
He'll pass. You don't think they take the protocol seriously do you? And besides, it's the Steelers. He'll pass.

What really gives me a chuckle is when the announcers now refer to that piece of dreck as "Adam Jones" and even correct themselves whenever they start to call him "Pacman." Apparently, the classy Mr. Jones found the sobriquet "Pacman" to be offensive. Too bad that the authorities in Las Vegas couldn't lock him up for good.

The post just after yours:

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter will be fined for coming on to field Saturday night and engaging Bengals players, per a source.

---hey where did you go???

Crickets........

Well, if Porter is fined as Schefter said, then I will admit I am wrong. I have no problem admitting I am wrong.

Well, if Porter is fined as Schefter said, then I will admit I am wrong. I have no problem admitting I am wrong.

You're ok, Rob, you're a standup poster.

The post was directed at Quantum Mechanic - - Mr. Hit and Run Dislike Guy who vanished moments after the Schefter report. (posts #59 and #60)

It just gets crazier and crazier..
Well, that was eloquent and insightful. :rolleyes: Hey, it's not like he did something horrible like get accused of deflating footballs or something (inject heavy sarcasm).

Seriously, the Pitt/Cincy game was a shining example of a coach (Marvin Lewis) who has no control over his players. No wonder they lost. When the going got tough, the Bengals melted down. Again.

I can see Marvin Lewis getting canned for this. 0-7 in the playoffs offers little hope for the future with Lewis at the helm. What a trainwreck.

You're ok, Rob, you're a standup poster.

The post was directed at Quantum Mechanic - - Mr. Hit and Run Dislike Guy who vanished moments after the Schefter report. (posts #59 and #60)

Rob is good. We had a civil discussion last night and he didn't use the disagree or dislike button. He actually quoted my posts and made points.

If hill doesn't fumble. We're not talking about this.

He's getting a complete pass

rules of physics haven't changed

Umm - I think you are forgetting that this is the NFL we are talking about. NFL-world physics can be quite different from real-world physics.

FWIW, they just said on Sportscenter that it is legal for Porter to be on the field during an injury time out, but the intent is to allow him to check on an injured player. They didn't make it clear on whether or not if he is on the field and saying anything to players on the other team is a penalty unless he steps over the line which is unclear if he did.
I think this is the key issue. There has to be some commonsense judging of a person's intent. If a guy with no business being on the field comes onto the field to argue with the refs or mix it up with the opponents, then that should be 15 yards. If they are coming on the field in a sportsmanship manner, that's another situation.

I've seen players come on the field to check on and tap the pads of an opponent who was injured, and I think that's perfectly fine. You have to use some commonsense, and commonsense says Porter should not have been there.

Last edited:
If you watch the video, one of the Bengals was pointing as if the penalty was on Pittsburgh for Porter coming on the field....
I am still trying to figure out how Shazier could hit Bernard with the crown of his helmut and it not be a penalty. Ask yourself this, " if a Patriot player did that, it wouldn't be a penalty, it would ALSO be how many games are you suspended???

One of Florio;s minions did a bit on it a few years back and it seems like a classic illegal hit..
NFL officiating video stresses new “crown of the helmet” rule
Especially after they flagged the Bengals for almost the same play in the first half. If refs and coaches really wanted to tighten the game up they could have stopped/flagged Shaziers CLASSLESS 15 minute celebration, while Bernard was down and being tended to. This is what really started all of the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back