PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pacman Jones voices anger in Video:

Status
Not open for further replies.
My quote button broke, but I like the statement about Marvin Lewis losing control of the team.

This reminds me of how the Ravens habitually "played emotionally" and committed dumb-azz penalties to lose games. I am sure they are still doing it.

The fish rots from the head down, or so I'm told.

I don't want to hear any more about how we have to "play with more emotion," and I don't want to hear any more about "who cares if he's a New England type of player he's really fast!" or any such balderdash.

NE built itself systematically to be a professional football team. Even if these clowns somehow made it past their last circus, they're still clowns, not professionals. Hey maybe they'd even knock us off. But they wouldn't go on a 15-year spree through the NFL like the Pats have already done using the time-tested, disciplined approach.

And I'm pretty sure it wasn't all videotape and air pressure :)

The happiest coach in the world right now is Munchak because Porter's bad behavior distracts from his. Both should be fired in my opinion.
Don't worr, if they come to New England, they will call the Patriots cheaters.

Maybe what he did is wrong, but I don't think it broke a rule. What Pacman did clearly did.

I'm still unclear on what he did that caused the second penalty, when I watch the film it is not clear what happened exactly. I don't see anyone hitting anyone, but maybe I haven't seen a good angle. Anyone have a good angle on film they can post?

If they had called the penalty on Porter, would it have offset both Bungles penalties, or just one of them? If the former, that could have played into the refs not calling a penalty on the Squeelers, because they didn't want to let that illegal hit off the hook. Which, frankly, is understandable...

Frankly that second penalty on Jones is still shocking to me, but I think maybe I just haven't seen a good angle yet....?

Last edited:
FWIW Boomer Easiason said this morning that typically assistant coaches are used to assist injured players to the sidelines and Porter had a right to be on the field. So being a former player (big and strong), they might have decided to use Porter as a guy who would help assist Brown to the sidelines which would have made it legal for him to be on the field. But obviously, that doesn't neccessarily mean what he did while on the field as legal.

Also Boomer pointed out that the refs let coaches on both sides on the field a lot in that game without penalty. So they let both sides get away with more than they probably should and threw the flag when Pacman stepped way over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back