PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Overlooked: The Brady-Manning friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
From Scott Pioli:

“It’s difficult sometimes for people to have close relationships and friendships when they are this high a level of competitors, but a lot of that changed when Tom Brady was hurt. The first call he got, or one of the first calls he got, was from Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning called several times after that. It kind of changed Tommy’s thoughts toward Peyton. And then when Peyton got hurt, Tommy reached out to him. The injury and the realization that their football mortality someday would end really changed the two and how they approach one another. They started sharing more information. And Tommy told me this week that one of the most interesting things was when Peyton Manning was getting ready to make a decision as to who he was going to sign with, he reached out to Tommy and wanted to exchange information, and he wanted to know what Tom thought would be a good idea for him to do. Amazing how this relationship has evolved over the years from two top competitors.”

From Dungy:

“I can’t tell you how many times Peyton would come in on Tuesday and tell me, ‘Yeah, I talked to Tom and he says we can get this against this defense. We just played these guys; you can run this play on them.’ So, they did share a lot of information.”

From Manning, about Brady:

"He was supportive. He plays for another team and he reached out to me and said, 'Hey, anything I can do to help the rehab, miss seeing you out there.' When you're injured, and you're not out there playing, you kind of find out who's with you and who's not. Tom consistently throughout the season would check in with me. I appreciated that. It says a lot."

From Brady, about Manning reaching out to him during his ACL rehab:

Certainly, it meant a lot to me. We’ve known each other for a long time. My first start of my career, I met Peyton on the field before the game. He was out there warming up and I went over there and he said, “Hey, I’m Peyton Manning.” I was like “Of course. I know that.” He’s a great guy. He’s been a really good friend over the years, certainly someone I can relate to. We have a lot of things in common, so it’s nice when we’re going through some things, to bounce an idea or two off one another.

Very good stuff, humanizing and good for Thanksgiving week. Peyton is an amazing QB, second only to TFB, and I have utmost respect for him.

I have friends I hate, too.

From Scott Pioli:

From Dungy:

From Manning, about Brady:

From Brady, about Manning reaching out to him during his ACL rehab:

Great stuff. But I hope that as they battle for top seeding in the playoffs that Brady isn't volunteering too much information that might help Manning win a game, if you all know what I mean...

Great stuff. But I hope that as they battle for top seeding in the playoffs that Brady isn't volunteering too much information that might help Manning win a game, if you all know what I mean...

Gisele needs to take Tom's texting privileges away

SNL? Brady/Manning co-host gig. Make it happen! :D

Brady and Manning after the game?

Cage.jpg

25003377.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back