PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our proudest Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, a fan's proudest moment doesn't have to mean their team did something that no other team did. It doesn't even have to be that great from the perspective of another team's fans. I guess I should have titled the thread, "My proudest moment"

Well, that's right -- it's subjective, so I'm not criticizing your view. I just don't share it.

If this team hadn't accomplished things before, it might be different. But a green quarterback overcoming the second largest point spread deficit to bring the first major sports championship to New England in nearly 3 decades could not possibly be eclipsed by a perfect regular season that ends short of the super bowl.

Well, that's right -- it's subjective, so I'm not criticizing your view. I just don't share it.

If this team hadn't accomplished things before, it might be different. But a green quarterback overcoming the second largest point spread deficit to bring the first major sports championship to New England in nearly 3 decades could not possibly be eclipsed by a perfect regular season that ends short of the super bowl.

I understand what you're saying, but just remember, winning 16 consecutive games will always be harder than winning one. Even the one with the green QB! I'm sure even the players who played on that team will admit going 16-0 was more difficult than winning their first SB game.

Although I'll admit, they had to accomplish a lot to get to that game.

Teams win a superbowl every year. Sometimes even a sucky team wins one in a fluke. We've won 3 already. It's been 35 years since a team completed an undefeated season in the NFL. Back then they only played 14 games. We just became the first team in NFL history to compete a 16 game season undefeated. We broke the season scoring record, the TD record, the TD's by a QB record and the TD's by a WR - and probably a few others.

A segment of this fan base is beyond spoiled, their ingrates.

Again, I think it's apples and oranges. It's not spoiled or ungrateful to have the opinion that this doesn't mean much AS COMPARED TO WHAT THE TEAM HAS PREVIOUSLY ACCOMPLISHED, which is what this thread is asking. I've never suggested that tonight's history-making win is not an amazingly impressive accomplishment.

This is a team that won 3 superbowls in 4 years in the parity era.

The "perfect regular season" also seems completely artificial to me. Suppose they lose in the playoffs. How is this more impressive than a team that goes 15-1, but then has a perfect playoffs?

First of all, a fan's proudest moment doesn't have to mean their team did something that no other team did. It doesn't even have to be that great from the perspective of another team's fans. I guess I should have titled the thread, "My proudest moment"

But it would be pretty sad if we as Patriots fans could only consider perfection as our proudest moment. If we won the SB last year with our depleted roster, that would have been MY proudest moment...it's all relative.

Don't get me wrong, this win was special. It was weird, I was so calm all game, I just felt it was gonna happen even when thins looked a little iffy. So this season, with EVERYTHING that we've endured (and I mean all of us), this is quite special. I'm so happy for everyone, but most of all, I'm happy for BB, So again, this is very special to me too.

It's just that I cannot compaire it to the 2001 SB and 2004 Sox win. Those were for my grand-pop (who I used to listend or watch the games with as a boy in Maine), who got me hooked. He died a frustrated fan in 1996 and never got experience all this. Those first 2 wins brought me tears of joy and releive years of frustration, so perhaps those just took a little extra special personal meaning for me and me alone.

Like I said, I don't blame you for feeling this way, and I'm pretty damn giddy about them two. Should we manage just a few more, this season might take it all though :D

Last edited:
Again, I think it's apples and oranges. It's not spoiled or ungrateful to have the opinion that this doesn't mean much AS COMPARED TO WHAT THE TEAM HAS PREVIOUSLY ACCOMPLISHED, which is what this thread is asking. I've never suggested that tonight's history-making win is not an amazingly impressive accomplishment.

This is a team that won 3 superbowls in 4 years in the parity era.

The "perfect regular season" also seems completely artificial to me. Suppose they lose in the playoffs. How is this more impressive than a team that goes 15-1, but then has a perfect playoffs?

When I said proudest moment, I referred to tonight only. Who cares how this may look next week, 3 weeks or next year? Tonight's accomplishment needs only be viewed at this point in history. If we lose in 2 weeks, it can't take away from how proud I am tonight now can it?

When I said proudest moment, I referred to tonight only. Who cares how this may look next week, 3 weeks or next year? Tonight's accomplishment needs only be viewed at this point in history. If we lose in 2 weeks, it can't take away from how proud I am tonight now can it?

No, it can't.

Lets not get lost in symantics. Any true fan is proud and has every right to feel good about what been done tonight. I sure do. :D

Last edited:
I am so proud right now because we have done something that has never been done before. We are unique.

Yeah, I can agree with that. It's been an amazing year. 4 wins this year that the team was losing in the 4th quarter.

Tonight was a pretty good example of why it's so hard to do. Kind of makes you laugh at all those posts from six or seven weeks ago that had us at 95 percent or whatever to win each of our remaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back