PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our LBs

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Individually some of these guys do certain things well.

But Tavai and Bentley are extremely limited in coverage. This is the second week in a row where some of the long receptions to TEs and the zone coverages have looked bad simply because these 2 cannot get to the spot they need to be at. It's beyond them physically.

Mack Wilson should be this guy but evidently he can't fill this position.

Anfernee Jennings shows promise, and he's one of the only guys who can set the edge and cover. Maybe he'll be an answer.

Uche is strictly a pass rusher, one who is improving.

McMillan and McGrone have not had any impact.

This defense will not improve unless we bring in a talent infusion. I really only see Jennings as a big contributor going forward.

The tackles have been disappointments on offense, but nothing has been more disappointing to me than seeing our LB corp wither despite the resources devoted to it.

Jennings this year looks good
Uche has still up and downs...
Still i believe in both

Is there anyone we can trade for in the next few days? (sending out either Algholor or Wynn's salaries as well)

Is there anyone we can trade for in the next few days? (sending out either Algholor or Wynn's salaries as well)

Shaq Thompson but there'd have to be some real cap creativity

Being sayin this since the beginning of the year lol

Shouldve trade for a bonafide all-pro

There's an argument to be made about Devin Lloyd, BUT we got more out of that trade than just Cole Strange. We got Jack Jones, Bailey Zappe, and a 3rd rounder that will likely be very early.

Last edited:

easy to say that... And I don't disagree with the thought...

but who? At what cost?

which bona fide all pro LB was available via trade?

Last edited:
I think individually there are reasons to like them. I like Bentley the best. I probably like Wilson the least.

I like most would obviously like a true stud.

But I also remind myself that I think Bill would rather several good in the box safeties and I really like Dugger, Phillips and Peppers. So it might just be something we need to develop in later round draft picks and live with guys like Jennings and Bentley.

I think individually there are reasons to like them. I like Bentley the best. I probably like Wilson the least.

I like most would obviously like a true stud.

But I also remind myself that I think Bill would rather several good in the box safeties and I really like Dugger, Phillips and Peppers. So it might just be something we need to develop in later round draft picks and live with guys like Jennings and Bentley.
The roster construction certainly suggests the box safeties are considered to fill a significant role at linebacker, but I don't necessarily see those guys covering tight ends as much as they should be (and I do see Bentley and Tavai in coverage more than I want to).

An off the ball linebacker who can defend the run and the pass should be a priority this offseason. Bentley and Tavai almost never drop far enough in zone and often give up passes in zone coverage. Wilson gets caught in the wash on any run up the middle. Pats need to get a linebacker who can do both.

Tavai doesn’t belong seeing the field. Never mind so many snaps.
He's shown good run stopping instincts and tackling, so not a bad option on obvious running downs. The issue is the coaches openly consider him a "4 down player".

He's shown good run stopping instincts and tackling, so not a bad option on obvious running downs. The issue is the coaches openly consider him a "4 down player".
He should be a zero down player.
My point is he is upgradable and not playin

Not sure what people are seeing with Jennings, but he's looked pretty worthless with having a guy with Judon attracting so much attention.

Uche gets a sack when he isn't blocked. He is what he is and I see him gone soon like Winovich.

Wilson, McMillian and others are what they are. How Tavai showed up out of nowhere and became a starter is straight up bizarre.

This team desperately needs a nuisance at MLB who can flow in all directions and hit a hole to stop RB's in their tracks. Haven't had someone like this in a long time. They are also in desperate need of some hard hitters/enforcers. Ted Johnson and Brandon Spikes are some guys that laid some violent hits up the middle. Way too many gentleman on that side of the ball. Defense seems to tackle players gracefully.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back