PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our former kicker wants more playing time

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhamz said:
He is expecting that the Colts will allow him to attempt long field goals.

The Patriots coaching staff had completely lost confidence in Adam's range and by the second half of last year was punting or going for it rather than let him kick many FGs in the 40-50 yd range.

Nowhere was this philosophy more clear than in the Jacksonville first half where on consecutive drives they:

1 - had Adam pooch punt instead of kicking a 45yd FG
2 - went for it on 4th and 10 rather than kick a 47yd FG

This is probably the main reason why Adam is no longer here from the Pats perspective.

He thinks with a dome and a new coaching staff he'll be given the chane to make those kicks which the Pats think he can't do anymore.

And if that's it he is correct. His stats in domes and warm weather climates remain off the charts. It will be interesting to see how Dramatikowski fares in the wind chill environs of the AFCE. :scared:

Murphys95 said:
I tell ya, with love like this from Patriots fans it's no wonder Adam left to Indy. :)

I don't see anything spiteful in that interview with Vinatieri. He's doing the prudent thing. Not mentioning the Patriots by name in front of his new teammates is smart - the two teams have been rivals for years. Why bring up a topic that could be a sore spot for his new team?

Adam was a great kicker in New England. I'll cheer him for that....and have no reason to boo him.

:agree:

Adam did what he did for us for 10 seasons in which we got to the Superbowl 4 times and won 3 Lombardis. He was here when it was UGLY, and he stayed through the transition into a bling machine. And if he hadn't who knows.....

Murphys95 said:
I tell ya, with love like this from Patriots fans it's no wonder Adam left to Indy. :)

I don't see anything spiteful in that interview with Vinatieri. He's doing the prudent thing. Not mentioning the Patriots by name in front of his new teammates is smart - the two teams have been rivals for years. Why bring up a topic that could be a sore spot for his new team?

Adam was a great kicker in New England. I'll cheer him for that....and have no reason to boo him.

It's because he went to the friggin' Colts is the reason I would boo him - the Pats rival. If he went to any other team, I could have cared less. As I said I would cheer him what he did for the Pats the first time he is introduced and then no more after that.

dhamz said:
He is expecting that the Colts will allow him to attempt long field goals.

The Patriots coaching staff had completely lost confidence in Adam's range and by the second half of last year was punting or going for it rather than let him kick many FGs in the 40-50 yd range.

Nowhere was this philosophy more clear than in the Jacksonville first half where on consecutive drives they:

1 - had Adam pooch punt instead of kicking a 45yd FG
2 - went for it on 4th and 10 rather than kick a 47yd FG

This is probably the main reason why Adam is no longer here from the Pats perspective.

He thinks with a dome and a new coaching staff he'll be given the chane to make those kicks which the Pats think he can't do anymore.
That is a very, very interesting point and one which has not been mentioned once, to my knowledge, by any of the so-called experts in the media.

I will now refer to him as our former kicker. I cheer for the uniform and since our former kicker wears another uniform, the only time I will cheer for him is when his field goal attempts sail wide of the goal posts.
And that's all I'm going to say about that

DarMan said:

does he want to play reciever? QB? LB? Safety? I don't know what he's talking about but if he wants more playing time he shouldn't have signed with the Colts. Their offense scores lots of touchdowns and doesn't kick too many field goals. He should have signed with the niners, texans or other teams that can't punch it in the endzone. Ever since our "former" kicker signed with the Colts he has turned into a total tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Willie55 said:
It's because he went to the friggin' Colts is the reason I would boo him - the Pats rival. If he went to any other team, I could have cared less. As I said I would cheer him what he did for the Pats the first time he is introduced and then no more after that.

E.x.a.c.t.l.y.
Eff the effin traitor.
Why didn't the FO tell him to eff off, then franchise him?

"Former Team" :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a funny article, but man is it time to play some football.

More playing time ? WTF ? Perhaps Belichick's rules regarding interaction with the media were in some cases more beneficial for the player than the team. Something about opening one's mouth and removing all doubt and such.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft