PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our former kicker wants more playing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=151596

What a donkey, he wont refer to the Patriots by name. Ungrateful bastard. The first time he comes on the field in November I'll cheer him for what he DID, D-I-D, DID for the Patriots, but after that its all boos.

He says he won’t be showcasing those Super Bowl rings -- two of which came at the Colts’ expense -- for his new teammates, and he rarely refers to the Patriots by name.
Instead, he usually calls them “my former team” or “my previous team.”

How does he expect to get more playing time?
First, he liked what Indy had to offer. He thought there would be more playing time, better weather and appreciated the Colts’ commitment to winning.

Last edited:
Huh? More playing time?
Guess he means when Peyton can't bring it to the house, so they settle for a field goal :D

I thought this was a funny post.

i usually refer to my former employer as such and do refrain from naming them.what the heck do you do when you start a new job talk about your old job and how great you were...a sure sign to get you fired lol/

Maybe i live another world!!

Last edited:
appreciated the Colts’ commitment to winning.

Yes, because the Pats of recent have been known to just pack it in sometimes...

Does every kicker who goes to Indy get liquored up? Is Indy THAT boring?

Last edited:
To answer the question, YES, Indy is that boring!!!!
What I can't believe here is Adam saying he appreicated the Colts "committment to winning" as part of the attraction to signing there.
Like the Pats did not have a committment to winning?
It was all about the Benjamins and nothing more. I mean "respect"!

Dungy says that he's looking for his new kicker to do the same things that Vadejerk did.

So why didn't he just resign Vanderjerk?:eek:

PATSNUTme said:
Dungy says that he's looking for his new kicker to do the same things that Vadejerk did.

So why didn't he just resign Vanderjerk?:eek:
Didn't get along with Manning and teammates i guess.

My thoughts exactly, Bruschi54.
What Peyton wants, Peyton gets.

Apparently throwing a touchdown pass to Troy Brown in 2004 has gotten to Adam's head and he wants to be a quarterback now. Thats the only way I can see him getting more playing time :rocker:

I was hoping this year the Pats'd have a trick play, Vinatieri to Vrabel for a touchdown.

Now I REALLY want to see that happen when the Colts come to town. :D

Leave it to greedy football players to ruin a good thing. There was more than enough money to go around to keep most of the team intact but they prefer a few more dollars or ego (which is the case with Vinatraitor, I believe) to staying together and winning more. It's a shame, with the salary cap so high and endorsements flying around you would think teams would be able to stay together more. I guess not.

Dare I be the first to say it??
Now that he wears enemy clothing and won't even mention us by name.....

Vanderjerk = Vinajerk

Willie55 said:
[
How does he expect to get more playing time?

He is expecting that the Colts will allow him to attempt long field goals.

The Patriots coaching staff had completely lost confidence in Adam's range and by the second half of last year was punting or going for it rather than let him kick many FGs in the 40-50 yd range.

Nowhere was this philosophy more clear than in the Jacksonville first half where on consecutive drives they:

1 - had Adam pooch punt instead of kicking a 45yd FG
2 - went for it on 4th and 10 rather than kick a 47yd FG

This is probably the main reason why Adam is no longer here from the Pats perspective.

He thinks with a dome and a new coaching staff he'll be given the chane to make those kicks which the Pats think he can't do anymore.

BelichickFan said:
Leave it to greedy football players to ruin a good thing. There was more than enough money to go around to keep most of the team intact but they prefer a few more dollars or ego (which is the case with Vinatraitor, I believe) to staying together and winning more. It's a shame, with the salary cap so high and endorsements flying around you would think teams would be able to stay together more. I guess not.

I'm not sure but it seems like this time it was more than the money. Look no farther than Chatham. I read that he was no longer happy with his role on the team, and he wanted to start. Givens wanted to be a #1 WR. In his case it was both, IMO. As for AV, it did appear that the Pats lost a little trust in his kicking range. We will never know for sure of course. But it did seem that he had no intention of ever playing here again at any price.
We will never know for sure. Maybe after BB retires, he'll tell us in his memoirs.:p

DefenseRules said:
Givens wanted to be a #1 WR
Read as "Givens wanted BIG $$$".

Geeza32 said:
Yes, because the Pats of recent have been known to just pack it in sometimes...

Does every kicker who goes to Indy get liquored up? Is Indy THAT boring?
ummm yeah, actually indy is that boring. it sucks that bad. A buddy of mine got a job there after college and pretty much everynight after work and stuff he would go to the neighborhood bar in his pajamas.

DefenseRules said:
I'm not sure but it seems like this time it was more than the money. Look no farther than Chatham. I read that he was no longer happy with his role on the team, and he wanted to start. Givens wanted to be a #1 WR. In his case it was both, IMO. As for AV, it did appear that the Pats lost a little trust in his kicking range. We will never know for sure of course. But it did seem that he had no intention of ever playing here again at any price.
We will never know for sure. Maybe after BB retires, he'll tell us in his memoirs.:p

Good point, it seems like all the teams success has gone to their heads! Wasn't Matt Chatham simply a jag before he came here?

The price of success, I guess.

BelichickFan said:
Read as "Givens wanted BIG $$$".

Oh no doubt B, it's always about the $$$. But I also read that he wanted to be #1 and I'm sure he knew that he wouldn't be that here with Branch here.
That's why I said that in his case, it might have been both.

Last edited by a moderator:
DefenseRules said:
Oh no doubt B, it's always about the $$$. But I also read that he wanted to be #1 and I'm sure he knew that he wouldn't be that here with Branch here.
That's why I said that in his case, it might have been both.

And now Branch isn't even here (what a d1ck).

Last edited:
I tell ya, with love like this from Patriots fans it's no wonder Adam left to Indy. :)

I don't see anything spiteful in that interview with Vinatieri. He's doing the prudent thing. Not mentioning the Patriots by name in front of his new teammates is smart - the two teams have been rivals for years. Why bring up a topic that could be a sore spot for his new team?

Adam was a great kicker in New England. I'll cheer him for that....and have no reason to boo him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing