PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our biggest Ally.... The Wind! And it has arrived just in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000army

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The cold and the strong winds have arrived in New England... Just in time.

I am a lot more optimistic about the game tonight!

Maybe...I don't know...works both ways.

The Broncos are actually probably set up better with their short route Welker attack, although it's arguable. In the past, I may have agreed more, but lots of the big plays that I've seen from DEN this year are predicated on the shorter routes + marching down the field. That seems to be something that we've gotten away from a bit this year.

It may benefit us, and it may not. Many felt that the only way we'd stay competitive was to score a lot of pts ourselves, and strong winds could make that more difficult, although Brady has the stronger arm when it comes to the wind.

I suppose we could debate it for long periods, which is likely why you started the thread in the first place :cool:

My dream scenario:

Patriots win toss and defer.

Manning lofts a wobbler that catches a gentle puff and nestles into Talib's loving caress.

13:55 1st Qtr.
Patriots 7
Broncos 0

Maybe...I don't know...works both ways.

The Broncos are actually probably set up better with their short route Welker attack, although it's arguable. In the past, I may have agreed more, but lots of the big plays that I've seen from DEN this year are predicated on the shorter routes + marching down the field. That seems to be something that we've gotten away from a bit this year.

It may benefit us, and it may not. Many felt that the only way we'd stay competitive was to score a lot of pts ourselves, and strong winds could make that more difficult, although Brady has the stronger arm when it comes to the wind.

I suppose we could debate it for long periods, which is likely why you started the thread in the first place :cool:

You make a lot of good points.

This should be a very fun game to watch. I've been looking forward to this matchup all season. America will be tuning in.

when we are hoping for wind and weather for help, its not a good sign. I personally dont think it will effect the game much.

when we are hoping for wind and weather for help, its not a good sign. I personally dont think it will effect the game much.

You're absolutely right. Manning is undefeated at Gillette . . .

High winds combined with Manning's waning arm strength will virtually take away Denver's long game. This will allow the Patriots to be much more aggressive at the line of scrimmage. It will still be a tough game, but the elements will give NE a significant advantage.

I didn't know the wind blows only Denver's possessions..... Chill down kids, that wind can easily affect Brady's balls, and Ghost's kicks just as bad.

I didn't know the wind blows only Denver's possessions..... Chill down kids, that wind can easily affect Brady's balls, and Ghost's kicks just as bad.

It will definitely affect Brady's throwing. However, Brady still has a ton of zip on his throws and has historically played better than Manning in adverse conditions. The Patriots as a whole are also good at adapting, not just to weather conditions.

I guess in the regards to the OP's post we need to think about who runs the ball better. The short game and offensive line will be huge in this game.

I am just really excited that after all the hype the game is TODAY!!

Gonna be a long day....!!

Nah! I think the Pats have a shot of winning on a 70 degree day with zero wind. People are looking at the reputation of the Broncos offense rather than what their production has been. The Broncos offense has slowed down and over the last month worth of games the Pats offense has arguably been better than the Broncos offense.

The wind just helps the Pats. It is potentially a big factor if they take away the short game of the Broncos. Manning's history in the wind and cold makes it an issue to discuss.

People still look at this Broncos offense as the offense that was scoring over 35 points (and many times over 40 points) week in and week out like it did early in the season. That Broncos' offense has seem to have gone away. This Broncos offense has scored under 30 points in two of the last three games and over 35 points once in the last five games (and that tooks a fourth quarter meltdown wby RGIII and Kurt Cousins that resulted in 4 INTs by the Redskins to allow the Broncos to score 31 points in the fourth quarter after only scoring 14 the first three).

Brady throws tight spirals that are less affected by the wind than Manning's wobbly touch passes. It is simple physics.

I think the biggest beneficiary of the high winds is Devin mcCourty. With manning no longer having the same amount of torque on his deep ball like he used to, the wind might allow McCourty to make more plays from his centerfield position on the occasional deep shot to Decker, and Thomas. some of the deep balls manning has thrown are ducks and I can guarantee you if he throws a few ducks deep, the winds wont be as forgiving.

the thing I'm worried about the wind can effect both teams. It is not just gonna stop when he half to kick a filed goal or throw a long pass. It's gonna be hard for both teams.

Looking forward to some more of Forehead's wounded ducks.

That's Giselle's problem.

what is, Brady's balls?

don't tell Wrecks that

That's Giselle's problem.

Based on the couples' costume Giselle had Brady wear, wind is the least of Brady's problems when it comes to his balls.

screen%20shot%202013-10-29%20at%2010.35.42%20am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore