PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Will the Colts go 16-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: will the Colts go 16-0?

Didn't we have this same discussion in 2005? The Colts will get to 13-0 rest their starters and politely exit the first round of the playoffs.

Don't really care either way BUT I know the Colts are a team that likes to rest their starters once they have the high seed locked so I wouldn't mind seeing them go 14-0, 15-0 and have to deal with the pressure of trying to be perfect.

Also since there's no chance of us beating them for HFA now anyways they might as well give BAL, DEN, HST, JAX and NYJ all another loss to help improve our seeding.

They could, but probably won't....

who cares? It's already been done.

Excuse me?

i'm not saying they'll get to the super bowl. just sayin that IF they get there it will likely be against Minn or NO. I can't really see anyone else from the NFC make it to the Super Bowl.

Guarantee that if they even get closer to 16 -0, Mercury Morris will welcome them with open arms. Bastard.....:mad::mad:

I know they have our draft pick, but is anyone else rooting for the 10-6 titans? I think it would be one of the greatest sports stories.

Nah. This Monday, I made a pact with the Devil, so no worries. I'm pretty sure it was the Devil, anyway. Dressed in black. Red eyes. Smelled bad...sulfur-y...or was it rotten eggs? Okay, so there's a small chance it was just one of the regular panhandlers at the convenience store. I mean, he agreed to take my soul...but then asked for change so he could buy a 40. Ummm?....:help:

Last edited:

I guess this will become an annual topic, just like it was last year with the Titans and somebody else (Giants, perhaps?).

Personally I find it extremely doubtful that either the Colts or Saints will go undefeated. It has nothing to do with how good those teams are; it has everything to do with how difficult it is for any team to accomplish that feat - regardless of how dominant they are, or who they are playing.

Going undefeated has happened what, twice in the last seventy years? But now it is going to happen twice (or even three times) in the space of two years? I doubt it.

With the salary cap and free agency, teams are very evenly matched despite what some of those records may seem to indicate. And with teams playing sixteen rather than twelve or fourteen game seasons, the chance of a letdown increases dramatically - and that's without even taking the effect of injuries into consideration.

An undefeated season is an incredible rarity in the NFL. I don't know why so many NFL fans and members of the media act as if they expect it to happen when a team is undefeated barely more than half way through a season.

As for the concept that if or when the Colts and Saints lose it would be 'choking', I completely disagree. Choking comes from the word choke - that a person or team got so nervous they could not handle the pressure and were unable to breath (choked). Just because a team loses it does not mean they choked, even if they were the favorite. Underdogs win about five games every week of an NFL season; does that mean 85 teams "choke" every year? 69 out of the last 70 years the best team in the NFL finished the season with at least one loss; does that mean all of those teams choked at some point that year? Of course not.

It's definitely possible, though I think they could get surprised by an unlikely team like when the Giants finally took down the Broncos in the '98 season (remember the Giants were terrible then.)

What do you think? Seems doable to me.

How hilarious if they go 16-0 and we take them out in the AFC playoff game...

That would be pretty epic.

Honestly, I don't care too much. While I don't want to see our records shattered, I also don't want to waste too much energy in rooting against another team when its regarding something thats not tangible (ie, if it had to do w/ HFA or bye week, sure, I hope the Colts lose every game in that sense).

Sure, it would hurt to see them go 19-0, but if they went 16-0, at least I'd be even more excited about a chance to face them in the playoffs.

Last edited:

16-0 is something to play for

Not anymore. It's been done, and everyone saw that it's better to be 18-1 like the 85' Bears and not 18-1 like the '07 Pats. Then again, the Colts don't really have that killer instinct when it comes to the postseason so your point has merit in that regard.

Not anymore. It's been done, and everyone saw that it's better to be 18-1 like the 85' Bears and not 18-1 like the '07 Pats. Then again, the Colts don't really have that killer instinct when it comes to the postseason so your point has merit in that regard.
We'll find out if it's the Colts or Dungy who didn't have that killer instinct. I suspect the Colts will try for 16-0 if it's there for the taking. Once they lose, then they'll start resting guys, not sooner.

Regards,
Chris

85 Bears - 15-1

Just sayin

No. They rest their starters at the end of the season.

Yup,

I don't think they have a tough game left on their schedule.

No chance Colts barely won their last 3 games

I doubt the Colt's go 16-0. I give it a 22% chance.

I give them a 65% chance of winning in BALT, a 70% chance of winning in TEX, 90% chance winning vs Ten, 75% chance vs. Denver, 85% chance @ Jac, 90% chance vs Jets, and 95% chance vs Bills.

That would be .65 x .70 x .90 x .75 x .85 x .90 x .95 = 0.22

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back