PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Will the Colts go 16-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What do you think? Seems doable to me.

How hilarious if they go 16-0 and we take them out in the AFC playoff game...

Re: OT: will the Colts go 16-0?

They'll go 16-1 ;)

What do you think? Seems doable to me.

How hilarious if they go 16-0 and we take them out in the AFC playoff game...

I don't want them getting close to 16-0.

Hope at least one of the Ravens or Texans take them out in the next 2 weeks. Preferably both.

Talk about the game of the century if that were to happen :)

I want 17-1......;-).

I think they lose in Baltimore,The Colts put out an all team effort to get that win and may be a bit sluggish in thier next game against a quality opponent and on the road.

I thought they'd lose to Baltimore this Sunday, but now with Suggs out I'm not so sure. Still, Baltimore has plenty on both sides of the ball to give the Colts fits.

Regards,
Chris

Let them go 16-0. Choking a playoff game is the rule, not the exception, in Indy.

They will go 15-1, losing to the Jets. "The Jets?!?!" you say... yes The Jets, so they can have that to hold onto all off season "we beat the Colts and the Patriots couldn't!!!!" Ignoring the fact they finished 9-7.

If they win this week, then they likely will.

If they don't go at least 16-0 then it will be a pretty big choke. The only current playoff team they play the rest of the year is Denver who just lost their QB after losing 3 games in a row. They finish the year off with the basement of the AFC East.

I don't want them getting close to 16-0.

Hope at least one of the Ravens or Texans take them out in the next 2 weeks. Preferably both.

Why?

16-0 gets you nothing, as we learned, painfully.

I thought they'd lose to Baltimore this Sunday, but now with Suggs out I'm not so sure. Still, Baltimore has plenty on both sides of the ball to give the Colts fits.

Regards,
Chris
i dont think so either....but they might rest manning towards the end

Nope. Once they hit 14-0 and have nothing to play for, the scrubs will come out. 15-1 at best.

Nope. Once they hit 14-0 and have nothing to play for, the scrubs will come out. 15-1 at best.

16-0 is something to play for

Could there be two teams?
Colts and Saints? After the PATS, the saints schedule is pretty easy if I recall. Now saying that, I fully expect the pats to beat the saints :cool:

the colts could go 16-0 but they would have to get past 2 of the following teams to win the AFC

-New England

-Pitt

-San Diego

-Denver

-Cincinatti

They've only played 1 of those teams so far and won by 1 point.

Then they would have to beat either Minn or New Orleans for the super bowl. The schedule has been real easy for them for the most part so far. I mean they beat us by 1 and beat Houston by 4, how can they get past these teams?

Last edited:

Ray Rice poses a big problem for them. I say this is the week, although I would prefer to see them go 16-0.

I don't think so, it's just not an easy thing to do, obviously. To not have one or two really bad games at least.

Baltimore away - just isn't easy no matter what. That team has too much pride.

Houston is a tough match up for the Colts and has been so close to beating them.

Tennesee started horrible, but is now playing pretty well. They are built to run the game and ball control, which is the way to beat the Colts.

I agree, Denver isn't as good as they started, still not a gimme.

At Jacksonville, I actually think this is a surprise loss. I think it goes to MJD and how when he gets going he's tough. I could see the Colts not getting the ball on offense and just a couple of mental errors and it's a loss. I think at Jacksonville is a loss, if not before.

Jets at home, not worried about an rookie QB and Freeney and Mathis after him. I also don't think the Jets are that good, just my opinion.

Buffalo, last game of the season. I'm thinking Buffalo is horrible in a year of horrible teams. Plus they are in disarray with coaching, etc. A good teams second string may beat them.

The thing I'm interested in seeing is what Caldwell will do, if it gets to a point that there isn't anything to play for. If the last game means nothing.

Overall, I'd say 13-3 or maybe 14-2 and HFA for the AFC playoffs. Either way, I see the AFC playoff road coming through Indy.

Sounds like an epic fail to lose 3 of your last 7, but again, it's the NFL. For some of these opposing teams, playing the Colts is their Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes