PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Who's in the SB in their FF league?

I am in 10 ESPN Fantasy leagues this year.

Made the playoffs in 9 leagues.

Made the SuperBowl in 7 leagues. (common denominator 6 Gronks and 1 Hernandez....most I paid for Gronk was $3....next year he will be big bucks)

I am.

Thank you Rob Gronkowski! (and Aaron Rodgers, I suppose)

Same here, those two carried me into the playoffs this years. I had so many injuries this year that it's a miracle I made it to the FF SB.

Work league - the one I want to win the most, I'm always the commish and have never won. $200 for winner. I was the #1 seed, but lost last week in the first round of the playoffs 120-160. Of course then I score 199 (most ever in our league) in the meaningless 5th place game this week.

Patsfans.com league- #1 seed and in the championship game. Around $100 for the winner.

Wife's league - My wife is in a "all girl's league". She is the #1 seed and in the championship game. Winner takes home around $250.

Good luck to all that are playing in their championship games this weekend!!

In one league I had Aaron Rodgers vs Drew Brees
In another league I had Tom Brady vs Aaron Rodgers.
I am in the Super Bowl in one league, not in the other. You can guess which is which :(

I've been first all year in my league and am in the Championship for $750. My biggest regret however is I traded AJ Green and Shonne Green for Andre Johnson like 7 weeks back. And with Brandon Lloyd falling off of late, I really need him to finally get healthy for my Championship matchup. AJ plays Thur night and it will likely decide my fate.

Other plays include Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Tony Romo, Marques Colston, Roddy White, and Aaron Hernandez. I had a banging draft was able to make a ton of trades.

I have so and so players and Im going to win X amount of money (not that bad, obviously im rich so its not that much to me). Im just going to mention my wife/kids league because you guys obviously need to know how fertile and straight I am.

I have so and so players and Im going to win X amount of money (not that bad, obviously im rich so its not that much to me). Im just going to mention my wife/kids league because you guys obviously need to know how fertile and straight I am.

We have a lot in common, we should hang out

I'm in the superbowl in both my leagues, but the wrinkle is I have brady in one, but am playing against him in the other.
this weekend is gonna be a *****.

I'm in the finals of my FF league... against my dad. For the second year in a row, actually. Looks like fantasy football runs in the genes or something.

For Patriots, I have Gronkowski (only paid $7 for him) and Gostkowsi, and he has Brady and Welker.

Last edited:
I am inexplicably in my league's final. I had a great team, but lost Matt Forte, Fred Jackson and for all intents and purposes, DeSean Jackson. Thanks to Drew Brees, Frank Gore and Gronkowski, I pulled a couple of upsets to win in the quarters and semis. I need one more miraculous week!

Good luck to everyone in their leagues

Last edited:
This week is the semi-finals for me. I am the #1 seed and scored almost 300 points more than anyone else. I did limp into the playoffs however after losing both Demarco Murray and Matt Forte
Still feel strong about my team

QB:Matt Stafford
WR:Calvin Johnson
WR:Wes Welker
WR:Desean Jackson- blah, my real weak spot right now
RB:LeSean McCoy
RB:Roy Helu
TE:Tony Gonzalez or Aaron Hernandez
Flex: Reggie Bush

I have issues at RB2 and WR3.

My team that's in the SB

Brees
Reggie Bush
Felix Jones
Dwayne Bowe
Stevie Johnson
Julio Jones
Gronk
Cards D

Playing aganst

Rivers
lynch
wells
colston
steve smith (car)
welker
gates
packers D

Guys think i have a chance?

Projections have him winning by like 10 and he has only lost 2 games all year while i only lost 3...but most were due to forte...Bush has been playing amazing as of late though

Feliz jones got hurt last game..should i put green-ellis in instead? I need reggie bush to have a big game vs pats...but pats winning of course...ahhh!

Last edited:
I am in the superbowl for my league.

Here are my starters

Brady
Lawfirm
R. Bush
Megatron
Jordy Nelson
GRONK
A. Boldin
J. Kasay
Pats D

Against

A. Smith
C. Benson
F. Gore
D. Bryant
S. Holmes
V. Davis
M. Crabtree
D. Bailey
49ers D

Do I have a shot to win it all?

I am in the superbowl for my league.

Here are my starters

Brady
Lawfirm
R. Bush
Megatron
Jordy Nelson
GRONK
A. Boldin
J. Kasay
Pats D

Against

A. Smith
C. Benson
F. Gore
D. Bryant
S. Holmes
V. Davis
M. Crabtree
D. Bailey
49ers D

Do I have a shot to win it all?

49er D and Pats D...that is the key matchup IMO

My Superbowl was this weekend, and not only was I in it as the #1 seed, I won! $800 bucaroos! Do you want to know why I won? Because I am a chick and a shameless homer, and while I know more about football than the average jill, I do not know all players on all teams. I think I picked 5th in my 12 team league and my first two picks were Brady and Welker. They (particularly Brady) carried my whole team the whole year, with flashes of great contributions by Maurice Jones-Drew, whom I also got in about the 5th round because nobody wanted him coming off a knee injury.

So, fake life (FF) imitates real life! Brady and Welker carry the day! Thanks guys! (Also, my opponent in the Superbowl had the Jets D - ha ha!! Too bad for you!!).

Good luck to all the other FFers out there!

Did you also have Gronkowski? He's the only Patriot I have on my team and my championship game is coming up this week. Brady was taken too early, but I got Calvin Johnson in round 2 and Megatron has been beasting for me! Wish I had Welker too, but we can't draft em all!

My starters:

QB Cam Newton
RB Ray Rice
RB Deangelo Williams
Flex - Marques Colston
WR Megatron
WR AJ Green
TE GRONK
D Bengals
K David Akers

Against Bad Guys

Last edited:
So - who won?

I pulled out a victory thanks to Drew Brees' decision to go for the record on MNF. His late TD gave me a 3 point victory.

I won my Super Bowl while scoring a league record for total points in one game.

We get a 6 point bonus for reaching 100 yds (rushing or receiving), and ALL four wide receivers that I started each had 100 yards AND a TD. Those players were Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, and Victor Cruz. CJ Spiller also reached the 100 yards mark with a TD. Mike Vick's 2 TDs helped chip in.

I lost in the finals in the
PatsFans yahoo league that Calciumee put together. Considering injuries I was happy to make it that far. Picking up Cam Newton as a free agent early was a big help.

In the PatsFans PickEm league (pick the winners of all NFL games each week assigning confidence points - 16 points for game you are most confident in outcome down to 1 point for game you are least confident in) I'm somewhere in the top ten of about 30 regular contestants, but at this point it's down to two-man race with maybe three others who have a slim shot at winning that championship.

At least both finishes were better than how I am faring in Alamo's weekly contest this year.

Injuries killed me in the one Yahoo league that I was in. I am in an Fleaflicker Public league (3rd or 4th year in a row) and am in the SB again.

I have the following:
Tom Brady
Steven Jackson
Dwane Bowe
Miles Austin
Julio Jones
Jeremy Shockey
janikowski
Saints Defense

Bench:
Cam Newton
Felix Jones
Nate Washington
Laurent Robinson
Denarius Moore
Anthony Fasano
Rob Bironas

The Team I'm going against has Gronkowski, who I tried, in vain, to trade for a few times..

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back