PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tyreek Hill to Miami

Really dumb trade by KC. While the rest of the teams in the AFC West load up, they trade their best player not named Mahomes. Along with GB, they really missed the memo on maximizing what you currently have.

On paper they got a great deal with the haul of draft picks, but now KC has the pressure of getting a player(s) to equal Hill's caliber on offense or defense. Given their recent drafting, I'd say it's slim to none KC does anything relevant with those draft picks.

Aside from Mahomes, the biggest loser in this is Kelce as teams can now focus on doubling him and making their pedestrian WR's beat them. Good luck Patty!
I'm kinda surprised the Chiefs didn't ask for WR Devante Parker in the deal.

I'm kinda surprised the Chiefs didn't ask for WR Devante Parker in the deal.

The obvious answer is that they didn’t want him, especially given his 8.7 million cap hit.

ANOTHER DEAL that will CRUSH an opponent in a couple years.
You CANNOT CONTINUE to give huge contracts and push $ for years without CONSEQUENCES.
You just SAW it HERE.

If deebo and Metcalf were here, brady would still be on the pats . That's how big the impact is.
The truth will set the BB the GM worshipers free.

Tony Romo alluded to Brady wanting help out there in lieu of scrubs like Josh Gordon and Phil Dorsett. Cant blame him either since Brady was taking less money to field a good roster. Thats why Brady was so excited to get AB.

The truth will set the BB the GM worshipers free.

Tony Romo alluded to Brady wanting help out there in lieu of scrubs like Josh Gordon and Phil Dorsett. Cant blame him either since Brady was taking less money to field a good roster. Thats why Brady was so excited to get AB.
The notion that Tom Brady would have based his decision to stay or go based on what some 22 year old kid did in 2019 is a steaming pile a crap.

Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown weren’t world beaters as rookies. Deebo got benched around midseason for running the wrong routes and fumbling. AJ Brown woke up around midseason and started to get it.

Knowing how Tom treated Jakobi Meyers in 2019 it was plainly evident he didn’t want rookies in his huddle at all. Why don’t we blame the N’Keal pick for the high price of gas and state of war in Ukraine while we’re at it. Brady zealots are nauseating…

The notion that Tom Brady would have based his decision to stay or go based on what some 22 year old kid did in 2019 is a steaming pile a crap.

Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown weren’t world beaters as rookies. Deebo got benched around midseason for running the wrong routes and fumbling. AJ Brown woke up around midseason and started to get it.

Knowing how Tom treated Jakobi Meyers in 2019 it was plainly evident he didn’t want rookies in his huddle at all. Why don’t we blame the N’Keal pick for the high price of gas and state of war in Ukraine while we’re at it. Brady zealots are nauseating…
Back away from the BB koolaid.

AJ Brown only had 1000 yards and 8 TDs his rookie season. A.J. Brown Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Deebo had 961 combined yards and 6 TDs Deebo Samuel Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

If they are not world beaters then what is Harry? He needs 4 years to put up those kinds of numbers. N'Keal Harry Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Just admit that Belichick had no replacement for Gronk. He drafted a bust in Harry and signed up every stray WR down on his luck that he could find. The QB plan post Brady was Stidman which led to scrambling to get Cam.

I actually think it’s a great trade for the Chiefs. This will allow them to be a really good team for a prolonged period of time. They are getting rid of Hill a year to soon rather than a year too late. The draft pick hall is truly impressive
Tyreek Hill is age 28 and is good for roughly 1,200 yards per season.

This isn’t a year too soon, it’s 3 or 4 years too soon. I understand what they did from a cap perspective, but they lost a lot of talent with this move.

This is bad news for the Pats. If he ends up going to the Jets, the Jets are going to give up their two first rounders...which means KC is going to get 1-2 good WRs before NE even picks

I feel the opposite. This is great news for the Bills.

Losing Hill is HUGE for KC. Bills would have beaten KC both times last year (instead of just once) if Hill wasn’t playing.

I also think KC got fleeced. A 1st and 2nd rounder for a stud like Hill? I thought it’d be two 1sts.

Hill bailed Mahomes out a lot.

Hey, I didn't want Brady toleave, but saying he would have stayed if only they had drafted Deebo instead of harry is sheer insanity.

I think it's more if the team was winning Brady may have gutted it out. He was miserable in 2017-18 too but they won a super bowl that year and stayed

The team he left in 2019 had a horrid offense and a roster full of questions. If Patriots make a deep run or maybe even win it does Brady leave still?

The poor roster he was leaving behind made it easier for him to leave

AJ Brown only had 1000 yards and 8 TDs his rookie season. A.J. Brown Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Deebo had 961 combined yards and 6 TDs Deebo Samuel Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

If they are not world beaters then what is Harry? He needs 4 years to put up those kinds of numbers. N'Keal Harry Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Just admit that Belichick had no replacement for Gronk. He drafted a bust in Harry and signed up every stray WR down on his luck that he could find. The QB plan post Brady was Stidman which led to scrambling to get Cam.
N’Keal was a bust, nobody disputed that. What was disputed was that 42 year old Tom Brady was basing his 2020 decision to leave based off what some kid did as a rookie WR.

Also that the clusterfck that was the Patriot’s cap situation was magically going clear itself up because Tommy fanboys never want to say goodbye.

**** stain of a human, but the ultimate cheat code. Half of Mahomes plays come from Tyreek getting past the defenders.

Tyreek Hill is age 28 and is good for roughly 1,200 yards per season.

This isn’t a year too soon, it’s 3 or 4 years too soon. I understand what they did from a cap perspective, but they lost a lot of talent with this move.

I feel the opposite. This is great news for the Bills.

Losing Hill is HUGE for KC. Bills would have beaten KC both times last year (instead of just once) if Hill wasn’t playing.

I also think KC got fleeced. A 1st and 2nd rounder for a stud like Hill? I thought it’d be two 1sts.

Hill bailed Mahomes out a lot.
This

Tyreek Hill is not just any fast receiver, he's a generational talent.

Have we ever seen a combo of trackstar speed WITH his insane agility?

Seriously, watch those Bills playoffs games people. Teams have to play WAY off with their safeties because they don't want to get burned badly by Hill.

Travis Kelce is amazing, but he benefits great from Hill.

I'm not saying the Chiefs will be bad - they obviously will still be good, but they'll no longer be the juggernaut, perennial safe choice to go the Super Bowl the way have been the last few years.

Mahomes is gonna go the way of Brett Favre probably.

Hill was such a cheat code and it made it so that Mahomes didn't have to read defenses that often - he could play backyard football.

I had a 2nd on Harry but most had him higher. SF really liked him. He was going to be a top 40 pick no matter what. Sucks we drafted him but **** happens. I still maintain Williams was the worse pick. If we doubled down on WR we almost certainly get a good one with that pick. Maybe Terry? Idk just saying sometimes you miss. It sucks and we absolutely have to do better but it happens.

This was from Arif Hasan's consensus board which is useful.
IMG_20220327_195719.jpg

I think it's more if the team was winning Brady may have gutted it out. He was miserable in 2017-18 too but they won a super bowl that year and stayed

The team he left in 2019 had a horrid offense and a roster full of questions. If Patriots make a deep run or maybe even win it does Brady leave still?

The poor roster he was leaving behind made it easier for him to leave
Exactly . It's just that things could have been so different had we drafted deebo and Metcalf.

Again I am not saying we would have been ina better spot or won a Superbowl , it's just that it was one of the factors that made the decision to leave NE easier for Brady.

****ing embarrassing lmao

Dude said Brady hates rookies why even take him seriously after that

N’Keal was a bust, nobody disputed that. What was disputed was that 42 year old Tom Brady was basing his 2020 decision to leave based off what some kid did as a rookie WR.

Also that the clusterfck that was the Patriot’s cap situation was magically going clear itself up because Tommy fanboys never want to say goodbye.
Brady wanted to play with GOOD WRs late in his career.

He immediately upgraded in Tampa with Evans and Godwin. I do not blame Brady for leaving because Belichick is never going to figure out how to draft a WR worth keeping or actually fix the position. Very telling that one of the very first moves that McDaniels made was to get Devante Adams. That move tells me that McDaniels does not buy into the low importance of that position like Belichick. Throwing money at Agahlor does not cut it. Signing mediocre WRs to ridiculous contracts is exactly what I'm referencing to.

Brady covered up so many BB draft blunders and free agent mistakes. He still found a way to win. Those days are gone, but the excuses still remain. The BB excuse makers will be working overtime this season to explain why the NE pass defense went south. I know that youll have some good ones.

He immediately upgraded in Tampa with Evans and Godwin. I do not blame Brady for leaving because Belichick is never going to figure out how to draft a WR worth keeping or actually fix the position. Very telling that one of the very first moves that McDaniels made was to get Devante Adams. That move tells me that McDaniels does not buy into the low importance of that position like Belichick. Throwing money at Agahlor does not cut it. Signing mediocre WRs to ridiculous contracts is exactly what I'm referencing to.

Brady covered up so many BB draft blunders and free agent mistakes. He still found a way to win. Those days are gone, but the excuses still remain. The BB excuse makers will be working overtime this season to explain why the NE pass defense went south. I know that youll have some good ones.
I agree Tom wanted to play with superweapons, like every QB does, why shouldn't he? That's not the point, you agreed if Bill drafted another rookie WR (Deebo, AJ Brown) instead of N'Keal that Tom would have stayed... which is silly. And more importantly the team still wouldn't have been good enough to win another ring, so what's the point?

The Pats went all in from 2014-2019, they played in four Super Bowls and won three of them. How many rings have the Rams won by mortgaging their future, how about the Bucs, how about the Saints, how about Green Bay, how about the Chiefs, how about the Bills, how about the 49ers, how about the Falcons, how about the Titans?

One or none is the answer for all of them. Tell us again how BB is bad at his job.

giphy.gif

He may suck at drafting WRs but his defenses were mostly reasonable for 4 out of 6 super bowl wins…

He may suck at drafting WRs but his defenses were mostly reasonable for 4 out of 6 super bowl wins…
You mean in the actual games or throughout the season? Out of every SB win, only in 2003 did the Patriots defense rank above the offense by DVOA in season, and in the Super Bowl itself, I think at the very least 3 of those were no questions asked won by the offense (2003, 2014 and 2016). 2004 is a coin toss and 2001/2018 were definitely won on the defensive side.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back