PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ticket scam? or legit upgrade opportunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
About a month ago, I purchased tickets for the Fins @ Pats game on eBay.

Last night I received the following message via ebay:

"Hi, we noticed that you were the winning buyer of Patriots tickets located in section 121 for the Patriots game against the Dolphins. We have a client looking for seats near that location, preferably very close to friends going to that game. He has season tickets along the lower-level sidelines, along the 45 yard line, that he would be willing to trade, in addition to paying a fair amount for your trouble. He really needs to sit in that location. Would you be interested? You can email me at ****@mvppackages.com. Thanks!"

Section 121 is basically straight down end zone so almost anything at the 45 yard line would be an improvement and they want to pay me on top of that?

Sounds good, maybe even too good to be true. How would you go about handling this in a safe way (make sure I indeed get legit tickets if I give up mine)? Or should I just pass on this altogether?

The seller has overall good feedback with 44 transactions.

This will be my first game at Gillette and I am coming in from out of town on Thursday so I don't have the luxury of meeting in person unless its a day or two before the game.

I got the exact email last night. Thank you for posting this Beware!!! Identical email only my seats are in 127. Smells very fishy!!

Last edited:
dr said:
I got the exact email last night. Thank you for posting this Beware!!! Identical email only my seats are in 127. Smells very fishy!!

Hmmm multiple people getting the same e-mail does sound fishy. BTW, of his 44 transaction, how many were positive?

Beware....

Just one negative. I've already emailed this person this morning and said I might be interested. Now that I know what's going on I will get as much info on him as possible and try to sink this guy.

Might be legit. Just make sure you have his money cleared in hand before sending him anything.

dr said:

That makes me very weary. It was also from mvppackages?

As for the seller:
44 transaction
97.8% positive
Past 12 months: 10 positive, 1 negative, 1 neutral
So not exactly an active seller

edit to add: dr - it seems you don't accept PMs but if you can send me a PM with your e-mail address I'd be interested in comparing notes this week

Last edited:
SoCal Bong said:
That makes me very weary. It was also from mvppackages?

As for the seller:
44 transaction
97.8% positive
Past 12 months: 10 positive, 1 negative, 1 neutral
So not exactly an active seller
Absolutley identical email. I'm going to play along a little to see what I can find out about what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back