PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The official NCAA BCS National Championship game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. The Oregon running game can't even move the ball a couple of inches on the Auburn D-Line. Now Thomas has to burn one of Oregon's two timeouts. Even if Oregon scores and hits the two point conversion, they're giving the ball back to Newton and Auburn with too much time left on the clock.

Touchdown, LaMichael James. Can they hit the two point conversion?

GOT IT! Game tied at 19. Maehl has come up HUGE for Oregon tonight. He looks like someone's future Wes Welker. Auburn now has 2:33 to go with two timeouts remaining, though.

Last edited:
Now we get to find out what Cam Newton is REALLY made of...

I don't think his knee was down.

Last edited:
Yep not down. If he were on the Chargers he'd have spiked the ball and Oregon would have just won the game. Sucks for them.

Considering Auburn's field goal kicker, that might very well be game.

Wow. That sucks. That's just a cheap play that is spoiling what could have been an epic end of the game. That just feels cheap, like I got cheated out of a great game finish as a fan.

Oregon deserves to lose like that- how do you not play until the whistle in a national championship game? Never assume anything, much less if a player is down by contact.

Oregon deserves to lose like that- how do you not play until the whistle in a national championship game? Never assume anything, much less if a player is down by contact.
I agree except for all the flags on late hits nowadays.

Why did Auburn run for the touch here? Now the Ducks will at least have a shot.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the spot of the ball matters after that...sorry Ducks.

He's down. But where is the ball at? Regardless, can Oregon stop him even if he's a couple of inches away from the goal line?

I wanted to see if Newton could pull out a great end of game, but this ending just sucks. We had a chance to have one of the great end of championship games even, but this just wasn't it.

This is one of the flukiest games ive ever seen lol

If he's short, I would take a shot at the TD. Let Newton bowl someone over. If he makes it, that's game. If not, call the timeout and take the field goal.

Then again, they might rule this a touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft