PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The official NCAA BCS National Championship game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These teams look horrible. What a crappy game so far.

James is such a beast. Would not mind seeing him in a Pats uniform :D

Interesting uniform for Oregon.

Wow, le canards are bringing it.

Interesting uniform for Oregon.
The Onion tweeted "Auburn needs to find a way to communicate over Oregon's extremely loud uniforms." I LOLd.

I live in Duck territory and the two things that always bugged me were their silly Unis and their gimmick offense. I always liked the Pac-10 because most of the teams ran a pro offense. I guess those lines are blurred these days.

This game has been quite boring so far for a game that was supposed to feature a ton of offense. Fairley, Zachery, and Maehl look real good in this game. Fairley is demanding a ton of double teams and has managed to hold his ground remarkably well against Oregon's offensive line. He would look absolutely great in a Pats uniform as our RDE.

I'm expecting a good amount of points scored in the second half. The defense was ahead of the offense for both teams through the first quarter and halfway through the second. The offenses have now warmed up and are moving the ball well.

Why isn't Darvin Adams mentioned as a pro prospect? The few Auburn games I've watched he has been really impressive.

I forgot about him, to be honest. As a prospect, he has to add a good amount of muscle to his frame. Otherwise, he's going to get killed in the NFL.

The Onion tweeted "Auburn needs to find a way to communicate over Oregon's extremely loud uniforms." I LOLd.

I live in Duck territory and the two things that always bugged me were their silly Unis and their gimmick offense. I always liked the Pac-10 because most of the teams ran a pro offense. I guess those lines are blurred these days.
As a fan of a Pac-10 team, the thing that bugs me the most about the Pac-10 is how much conference pride most pac-10 fans have. Cheering for your team's rival during bowl season "for the good of the conference" is something that has always pissed me off.

As a fan of a Pac-10 team, the thing that bugs me the most about the Pac-10 is how much conference pride most pac-10 fans have. Cheering for your team's rival during bowl season "for the good of the conference" is something that has always pissed me off.
For me its just a matter of feeling the conference routinely gets neglected or underrated by the football world so any championship is a good championship. Things should change next year with the new teams and shift to divisional play which will keep some of the good teams from playing each other and trashing their records until a championship game is played.

I suppose if I had gone to UA as planned I'd not root for the other schools but as it turns out I didn't, and so I just root for most (not all) of the teams, and certainly when it comes to basketball it is a different story entirely. I have immediate family that went to UA, Stanford, UCLA and Oregon. ASU is scum and I really don't care one way or the other about the Washington teams.

Last edited:
Fairleys a **** but he can play!

I'd love him on the Patriots but that cheap shot from Fairley was about as bushleague as it gets. Slamming the head of someone about half your size into the ground right after he was tackled makes you look like a p*ssy yourself.

Last edited:
I'd love him on the Patriots but that cheap shot from Fairley was about as cheap and bushleague as it gets. Slamming the head of someone about half your size into the ground right after he was tackled makes you look like a p*ssy yourself.

Im not going to lie though, it was Wilfork esque.

Any chance Fairley can play 3-4 DE? That guy is flat-out dominant. He's having a game like Suh's last collegiate game. Knows how to play big when he needs to.

Any chance Fairley can play 3-4 DE? That guy is flat-out dominant. He's having a game like Suh's last collegiate game. Knows how to play big when he needs to.

He would translate to a DE in our 3-4. Fairley has absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage in this game tonight, and was single handely the reason why Oregon didn't score just now. Anybody see him drop back into coverage earlier too? :eek:

He would translate to a DE in our 3-4. Fairley has absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage in this game tonight, and was single handely the reason why Oregon didn't score just now. Anybody see him drop back into coverage earlier too? :eek:
I know obviously he'd be playing there instead of nose. I just mean, can he play this dominantly in the right gap system for our 3-4? Or is his play suited to a 4-3 DT like he's doing at Auburn now?

He's certainly made a believer out of me.

I do think Oregon was a victim of their own system there, they probably should have called a time out and got James in for the full series.

I know obviously he'd be playing there instead of nose. I just mean, can he play this dominantly in the right gap system for our 3-4? Or is his play suited to a 4-3 DT like he's doing at Auburn now?

He's been taking on double teams all night. I'd say he'd be alright in our two gap system.

He's certainly made a believer out of me.

I do think Oregon was a victim of their own system there, they probably should have called a time out and got James in for the full series.

They've been playing it way too cute on offense all night. That isn't going to work against an SEC defense. As dominant as Fairley has been, they should have went right at the teeth of that defense instead of trying to run to the outside. Auburn's defense is too fast for that.

He's been taking on double teams all night. I'd say he'd be alright in our two gap system.

I'm certain he would be. Unfortunately, he's also a realistic candidate to go #1 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down