PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The official NCAA BCS National Championship game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certain he would be. Unfortunately, he's also a realistic candidate to go #1 overall.

Yep. Especially now that Andrew Luck is going back to Stanford.

They've been playing it way too cute on offense all night. That isn't going to work against an SEC defense. As dominant as Fairley has been, they should have went right at the teeth of that defense instead of trying to run to the outside. Auburn's defense is too fast for that.
Chip Kelly has the kind of style that if you were playing Madden football you'd call him a cheeser and add him to your do not play list.

But still this is a few bad (conventional) breaks (Thomas's 2nd pick - stupid, the penalty that erased the play prior to the safety) away from having the scoreline reversed. I honestly thought there was a very good chance the Ducks would just get steamrolled tonight the way they did in the Rose Bowl last year. Either way I think they've represented the Pac well.

Oakland picked a great season to have a respectable record.

Chip Kelly has the kind of style that if you were playing Madden football you'd call him a cheeser and add him to your do not play list.

But still this is a few bad (conventional) breaks (Thomas's 2nd pick - stupid, the penalty that erased the play prior to the safety) away from having the scoreline reversed. I honestly thought there was a very good chance the Ducks would just get steamrolled tonight the way they did in the Rose Bowl last year. Either way I think they've represented the Pac well.

They definitely have. This is definitely a good team and the speed advantage for Auburn isn't as noticeable as it has been for other SEC opponents in the National Championship in the last few years. They can definitely be leading this game right now. However, on top of the bad breaks, they've also been playing it way too cute a few times (like I've said).

Nice long completion by Darron Thomas there. Oregon is beginning to move the ball.

Carolina would have a pretty swole D-line if they draft Fairley and resign Charles Johnson.

Newton's going to have to take a bath in the ice tub after this game's over.

Is it just me or there a lot of slipping in this game for an indoor stadium?

This game is starting to annoy me a lot. I've spent a lot of the year watching college football as a Duck fan (I went there for grad school), but the field conditions are just making this a bad game to watch. Players from both teams are slipping all over the place and it's just not fun to watch compared to what this game could have been on a good field. Speed from both teams has been neutralized and so far it's just messy. I can't see Cam Newton run and cut, I can't see the Ducks run and cut. This is embarrassing.

It looks like they're playing in the middle of a downpour with the amount of slipping, but it's just a terrible field.

Is it just me or there a lot of slipping in this game for an indoor stadium?
Yeah and its been worst for the Ducks (was it Auburn that they talked about having some special cleat procedure while the players were out?). You'd think Nike U would have an advantage here.

This game could get all kinds of interesting if Oregon can actually sustain a drive here and put some points on the board.

This game could get all kinds of interesting if Oregon can actually sustain a drive here and put some points on the board.

I guess not. Oregon has not been able to run the ball at all here tonight compared to what they usually do.

Yeah and its been worst for the Ducks (was it Auburn that they talked about having some special cleat procedure while the players were out?). You'd think Nike U would have an advantage here.

The way I see it a slippery field is a huge advantage for an offense thats more power based like Auburn's when they're playing an all finesse offense like oregon.

FUMBLE!!! Oregon has it in good field position. 15 yard penalty on Oregon after the recovery on Casey Matthews (Clay's younger brother, for those that don't follow college football).

Fumble Newton!
Now we got a game.

Darron Thomas had a receiver wide open but delivered a horrible throw. 4th and 5.

The way I see it a slippery field is a huge advantage for an offense thats more power based like Auburn's when they're playing an all finesse offense like oregon.
Oh agreed there - I just meant that perhaps they might have a better shoe guy. Swap shoes/cleats, etc. I guess the color scheme is more important.

HUGE 4th down conversion. Oregon 1st and 10 at the 11.

Surprised they didn't try to draw them offsides on that 4th down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes