PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- The bad business of baseball....

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it has relevence to football. OT threads have been discussed with Ian and the other mods and the full consensus was it had to be football related.

Now I think someones family trip to Storyland could be more interesting than some of the football related topics this time of year. But unless the trip to Storyland was with, say, Danny Woodhead, then it belongs on another forum.

Danny Woodhead went to Storyland? When?

;)

:rofl:There is just enough football in this thread that it qualifies to stay on the main forum IMVHO.

How so? Most of the posts have nothing to do with football. :bricks: I mean, when guys start going back-and-forth about salaries of the Tampa Bay Rays, you KNOW it doesn't belong here. This thread sucks. :bricks:

VJC, for those of us less knowledgeable, could you please point out where in the link enclosed you derived that $80MM figure. The most I could see in 2009 was $26MM.

BTW- Toonscribe - The first time you posted on this thread you were offering a legitimate opinion, the next couple of times you came off as being a wisea$$, but that's OK, because most of us here would qualify for that appellation from time to time.;) THEN your next few times it started to become boorish....and by this page you are just being an *********.

We get it. YOU don't think this thread should be in this forum.....and YOU'VE said so through at least 5 separate posts. YOU don't like this thread. Yet YOU have been responsible for 14% of the posts. When I don't like a thread, I do something more radical. I DON'T READ IT. :rolleyes: Try it, really, it works.

.....and I apologize in advance for the "*********" reference. I generally value your contributions....even this on this thread....but FIVE times?????

You're doing wonders for my insomnia, and for that I owe you a small (tiny) bit of thanks. The thing is, I like to keep that service separate from where I come to be stimulated, which is THIS forum. Your thread has long since devolved into baseball-only chatter, which doesn't belong here. I don't care how slow the lockout has made things, I'd rather hear about what Danny Woodhead had for breakfast than MLB drivel.

Last edited:
How so? Most of the posts have nothing to do with football. :bricks: I mean, when guys start going back-and-forth about salaries of the Tampa Bay Rays, you KNOW it doesn't belong here. This thread sucks. :bricks:

You're doing wonders for my insomnia, and for that I owe you a small (tiny) bit of thanks. The thing is, I like to keep that service separate from where I come to be stimulated, which is THIS forum. Your thread has long since devolved into baseball-only chatter, which doesn't belong here. I don't care how slow the lockout has made things, I'd rather hear about what Danny Woodhead had for breakfast than MLB drivel.
Not reading threads that don't interest you would be an option as well.

Not reading threads that don't interest you would be an option as well.

True, but we went through this song and dance a few years back already and I thought it was over. Baseball threads don't belong here. The mods made a poor decision to let this one stay, which sets a precedent that I hope is short-lived. There's plenty of room to bloviate about the Bankofamericasox and Major League Bore-ball in the Sox forum. I don't relish a return to the days when I opened this forum and OT baseball threads soiled the lot.

True, but we went through this song and dance a few years back already and I thought it was over. Baseball threads don't belong here. The mods made a poor decision to let this one stay, which sets a precedent that I hope is short-lived. There's plenty of room to bloviate about the Bankofamericasox and Major League Bore-ball in the Sox forum. I don't relish a return to the days when I opened this forum and OT baseball threads soiled the lot.

Ok, let's talk about all the free agents the Patriots just signed, and about Belichick's press conferences about this weeks OTAs at Gillette.

Last edited:
Just don't read or comment in the thread Tunescribe. It's devaluing your opinions and making you look a little pompous given there is a slight resemblance to NFL quality importance in the thread.

Just don't read or comment in the thread Tunescribe. It's devaluing your opinions and making you look a little pompous given there is a slight resemblance to NFL quality importance in the thread.

Quoting the OP, who accurately identified this thread as OT: "Now you have probably been wondering what this has to do with the Pats. Well nothing really."

I don't recall when you signed up Aus, but you might not have been here years back when baseball threads intruding upon the Pats forum was a serious bone of contention. I helped lead the charge to clean things up and the moderators agreed. Many of us come here to escape the overbearing Bankofamericasox media saturation this time of year. I'm not being pompous, just wary. You might note that this thread has been tagged with two stars ...

yeah...and NOBODY wants to look a "little pompous" ...as far as I'm concerned,if you got it, POMP IT BABY,POMP IT!!!!...(..the preceding post brought to you by the National Council On Slowly Degenerating Into Lunacy Because Of Football Withdrawal Syndrome and your local Billionaire Boys Club)

yeah...and NOBODY wants to look a "little pompous" ...as far as I'm concerned,if you got it, POMP IT BABY,POMP IT!!!!...(..the preceding post brought to you by the National Council On Slowly Degenerating Into Lunacy Because Of Football Withdrawal Syndrome and your local Billionaire Boys Club)

"Pomp It Up!"
"Pomp It Up!"

-$1 to Elvis Costello-

Quoting the OP, who accurately identified this thread as OT: "Now you have probably been wondering what this has to do with the Pats. Well nothing really."

I don't recall when you signed up Aus, but you might not have been here years back when baseball threads intruding upon the Pats forum was a serious bone of contention. I helped lead the charge to clean things up and the moderators agreed. Many of us come here to escape the overbearing Bankofamericasox media saturation this time of year. I'm not being pompous, just wary. You might note that this thread has been tagged with two stars ...
That's perfectly fine mate and I do realize it's OT but there is a slight slant towards the MLB, revenue sharing, the business of football and so forth. It's not a common thing reading MLB stuff on the main board (which is why I spend time debating/reading baseball topics in the Red Sox thread).

The simple point is there is a slither of relevance to the NFL in the thread for the evolving points. It's small and you're right it probably could be moved, but then you could also just ignore the thread knowing there won't be an infestation of Red Sox threads in the Patriots main forum.

I know we all treat the Patriots forum as Gollum and the precious :D.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how anyone takes baseball seriously. You have franchises like the Pirates, who don't give two craps about winning and only focus on making the most money. Then you have teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, who just buy their teams every year. It's a joke.

I'm not sure how anyone takes baseball seriously. You have franchises like the Pirates, who don't give two craps about winning and only focus on making the most money. Then you have teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, who just buy their teams every year. It's a joke.

Absolutely true.

That's perfectly fine mate and I do realize it's OT but there is a slight slant towards the MLB, revenue sharing, the business of football and so forth. It's not a common thing reading MLB stuff on the main board (which is why I spend time debating/reading baseball topics in the Red Sox thread).

The simple point is there is a slither of relevance to the NFL in the thread for the evolving points. It's small and you're right it probably could be moved, but then you could also just ignore the thread knowing there won't be an infestation of Red Sox threads in the Patriots main forum.

I know we all treat the Patriots forum as Gollum and the precious :D.

I think that somebody should count all the words devoted to the NFL and all the words devoted to MLB in the thread and then assign it to a Forum on that basis. That should keep somebody busy until the goddam strike is settled.

Absolutely true.

Toon, you are now up to 19% of the total responses to this thread. The irony of which should start to become apparent....even to you.

BTW- VJC, still waiting for you to explain that $80MM number.

Finally, don't forget the entire point of this endeavor, was to point out how even the BEST run franchises, in great markets, with huge revenue streams like the Sox and Pats, have a difficult time making money because the operating costs are so high.....and how this relates to the current dispute between the 2 parties.....and how it compares to the majority of teams who don't have the business advantages of good markets and ownership

Can we get back to the REALLY important discussions: the 3 cone drill of Smeg Degman. Smeg lacked hip flex, outward knee swivel, and right pinky toe transfunction...all which were quite evident during the 2010 Big Horn Arts CC/Colorado Culinary spring practice. If you read Patschick's write up of Degman, on page 17 of her analysis, she clearly identified the flaws that might prevent him from being a practice squad hopeful for Arizona. The 3 cone was at altitude on a semi frozen surface with a NW wind that exceeded 14.7 knots. Belichick was quoted as saying, "It was cold that day, Smeg was frozen to the bone, but he competed. We will go back and take a look at the 7 different camera angles on the cone drill and Ernie will need to adjust for the variables. The kid's a natural leader, no question, whether in the kitchen or on the field."

Last edited:
Toon, you are now up to 19% of the total responses to this thread. The irony of which should start to become apparent....even to you.

BTW- VJC, still waiting for you to explain that $80MM number.

Finally, don't forget the entire point of this endeavor, was to point out how even the BEST run franchises, in great markets, with huge revenue streams like the Sox and Pats, have a difficult time making money because the operating costs are so high.....and how this relates to the current dispute between the 2 parties.....and how it compares to the majority of teams who don't have the business advantages of good markets and ownership

Does this bring it past 20 percent? :singing: Coming soon: my analysis of comparative cost efficiency on economies of scale -- New England Patriots and Wayland Ladies Auxiliary Croquet Team. :rocker:

In the NFL, you have the same things happening with different teams.

It's funny to read the bashing of baseball over their uneven income and spending, though, in a time where the NFL owners are trying to cut the player take of the revenue stream so that the owners can continue their uneven income and spending.

Does this bring it past 20 percent? :singing: Coming soon: my analysis of comparative cost efficiency on economies of scale -- New England Patriots and Wayland Ladies Auxiliary Croquet Team. :rocker:
Well thank god you are finally showing that you have gotten your sense of humor back.....and are now taking this thread for the brilliant piece of narrative that it was meant to be....... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes