PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: That face . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else see the look on Pey-a-ton's face when the Seahawks went up 14-3 on the Dolts?

It was a beautiful sight. :D

Most days I would enjoy this but somehow today, I think the game is about the last thing on all of their minds.

I saw the face and did enjoy it. I saw the game I expected, the Colts need to get the O-line shored back up or else Peyton is going to see his dome roof more then he'd like.

huskeralk said:
Most days I would enjoy this but somehow today, I think the game is about the last thing on all of their minds.

I know it isn't, but, in a perverse sort of way, it helps vindicate the Pats' loss to the Chiefs (playing on a short week after the funeral for Steve Belichick). . . .

ctpatsfan77 said:
I know it isn't, but, in a perverse sort of way, it helps vindicate the Pats' loss to the Chiefs (playing on a short week after the funeral for Steve Belichick). . . .

You're 100% right. What you wrote is perverse.

NEM said:
The Colts have shot their load. Stick a fork in them, their playoff season lasts only one game.

NEM, I agree. The Colts are approaching these last couple of games as if they aren't important at all. In terms of playoff seeding, they're not. In terms of continuing the groove that they were in, they're very key. They should be approaching these games much differently than the way they approached today's game. They should rest the starters once they have a 2 or 3 score lead, not at some pre-conceived time on the clock. What good does sitting some of the starters after the 1st quarter if the team is going to lose like they did today? All it does is damage the precise timing the team needs for the playoffs and has worked to achieve all season long. It also reinforces the belief that the 2nd string can't do enough to win a game. It does nothing to get the team into what should be an end of season roll heading into the playoffs. It takes too long to get back that kind of timing to go deep into the playoffs. If the Colts approach the next game the same way, watch for them to be one and done

DSal said:
NEM, I agree. The Colts are approaching these last couple of games as if they aren't important at all. In terms of playoff seeding, they're not. In terms of continuing the groove that they were in, they're very key. They should be approaching these games much differently than the way they approached today's game. They should rest the starters once they have a 2 or 3 score lead, not at some pre-conceived time on the clock. What good does sitting some of the starters after the 1st quarter if the team is going to lose like they did today? All it does is damage the precise timing the team needs for the playoffs and has worked to achieve all season long. It also reinforces the belief that the 2nd string can't do enough to win a game. It does nothing to get the team into what should be an end of season roll heading into the playoffs. It takes too long to get back that kind of timing to go deep into the playoffs. If the Colts approach the next game the same way, watch for them to be one and done

I don't know - I think I'll give the Colts a rain check on this game.....a bit too much on thier collective minds at the moment is my sense.

IndyKen--

I apologize if that came out wrong.

What I was trying to say was this: you either believe "they're football players, and they're not supposed to let it get to them," or "they're human, and you have to cut them some slack." It's not fair to either team to have a double standard (whichever way it cuts). And, FWIW, I hold the latter viewpoint.

Again, though, I apologize if I caused offense.

ctpatsfan77 said:
The Chiefs beat you b/c Brady threw, like, 4 picks. You can't even compare the two. Steve Belichick was old and James Dungy was just a young kid who died in a particularly tragic manner right around Christmas. With home field locked up and this week's events, I'm sure Manning didn't give two ****s about this game.

B-LO said:
The Chiefs beat you b/c Brady threw, like, 4 picks. You can't even compare the two. Steve Belichick was old and James Dungy was just a young kid who died in a particularly tragic manner right around Christmas. With home field locked up and this week's events, I'm sure Manning didn't give two ****s about this game.

I think he did. Tony might not of, but I honostly think that Peyton really did care. His face showed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back