PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Superbowl 44 map poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: At least someone is calling out caldwell as a head coach

Nope, Peyton lost the game.

He runs the offense.

Caldwell didn't get any praise this season, with the only praise being how Peyton is practically an OC and orchestrates the game like a super-developed QB robot from the heavens.

Re: Reggie Wayne - Choke?

With 3:24 to play, cornerback Tracy Porter intercepted a Manning pass and returned it 74 yards for a game-clinching touchdown. After the final gun sounded, Porter attributed the outcome to "great film study."

"We knew that on third and short they stack, and they like the outside release for the slant. It was great film study by me, a great jump and a great play," Porter said.

Porter attributes game-clinching play to "great film study" | ProFootballTalk.com

When you watch the replay, you'll see that Manning had plenty of warning, but still made the throw. Here's the highlight from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010020700/2009/POST22/saints@colts#tab:watch

Last edited:

yeah i understand this. Caldwell doesnt deserve the credit he woulda got if he won BUT he also doesnt deserve all negativity since he lost. Peyton and some of the other guys on defense and the WR's didnt show up. so you cant blame it all on Caldwell. it goes both ways.

I reviewed the film of the game and determined that Wayne was breaking on his routes a bit early and giving away some of his double moves with tell-tale toe misdirection.

I'm kidding. I have no idea about any of this ******* stuff.

it sounds good though...you should apply to ESPN

Re: Is There an Over/Under on Boobage in New Orleans Tonight?

Just posting this in case any of our members are there.
How's the boob factor ... I'm thinking more flashing tonight ... not less.

It's pretty cold down here...well at least by new orleans standards, so they're not showing as much tonight as they will be next week ;)

it sounds good though...you should apply to ESPN

I don't think I have the arrogance and lack of humility that they require.

Well, maybe I have the arrogance.

It's the same reason that Brees won the MVP. QB's get all the credit and all the blame.

its gonna be pretty crazy on bourbon street tonight haha

so.....what does caldwell do?

What? I thought Manning called his own plays, was his own OC, and was the real coach of the team??! What? Who knew...

I know what really happened. Bill Obrien started to call the plays for the Colts after halftime. Obrien was like c'mon let me call a few plays you already got this game in the bag.
Caldwell: alright.

Obrien: lets abandon the run altogether. I dont care that it was working, we are the effin Colts and you are manning aka superman.

Manning: True, but they are catching up.

Obrien: stfu and don't worry about the score. just keep throwing those laser slants.

Manning: They passed us.

Obrien: I am not taking the fall for this. F that. You need to buy into my system, show some emotion goddamit.(looks at Caldwell)

Caldwell: (no emotion, doesn't even blink)

Obrien: I cant work like this. I need for you guys to try. Im gonna try ur concept approach and combine it with my predictable calls and create something beastly. I got it. Just throw it to Wayne. They can't stop you because your a football god.

Manning: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck(pick 6)

The pass was crap under any circumstances. Manning locked on to his receiver and threw the ball even though the coverage was plain to see.

Manning choked, and it had nothing to do with Wayne.

Not to mention that Porter said after the game that he new exactly what route was coming, and that's why he was able to jump it so easily.

I cant say Wayne choked, could he have fought for better position on the pick 6 play? yeah probably. Manning is the one who choked though, not Wayne.

Last edited:

funny how Wayne seems to have inhabited Randy Moss's body, huh?

Anyone else see Wayne's body language? You could tell that he just did NOT want to be there. They didn't even show him talking with Manning on the sidelines all game. Not to mention his drop on 4th down. Please cut this degenerate dog-faker.

He's a dog-faker.

Cleaned it up for the weak at heart. The guy is so talented but plays like a total prima donna, barely blocks, gives up if the play is not on his side of the field, etc.

As a veteran leader and someone who 'just wants to win' he needs to show up more, especially during the Super Bowl.

Hopefully the over is C - cup and above

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results