PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Superbowl 44 map poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It almost feels like we won the Superbowl

I am not excited at all even though I have little love lost for Pay-a-ton.

The Pats didn't just lose, though; they got shellacked. And Brady threw 3 picks & fumbled in that game.
Yeah but here's the difference: That game will be just a footnote in Brady's career. He's lucky in the sense that it happened so early in the playoffs. Even Montana lost a playoff game to the Giants 44-6 (or something like that) one year.

But what happened tonight to Peyton Manning could end up being the signature play of his career.

Re: On the Saints' On-Sides Kick...

Yes, this is common. The refs meet with each coach prior to every game and the coaches will fill in the refs about potential trick plays, get rules clarifications, etc.

Payton decided to do this at halftime. This was mentioned on ESPN postgame by Williams , the Saints DC who said he told Payton "We got your back on that one if anything goes wrong."

BWAHAHAHA! Polian just got interviewed on how good Brees was tonight and looked like he wanted to cry. Excellent!

Would it damage my computer to see some Polian face? :D

Fball must have a tennis ball for a cerebrum...every time he runs his mouth he gets whacked back over the net with a two fisted backhand

Re: Manning runs to the locker room without shaking hands:

I think it was more classy the fact he didn't when Brian Waters got the WP man of the year award. Can't even clap for a guy who is just a good guy winning a football award for something away from football.

OT: Reggie Wayne - Choke?

Just curious as to why there is not more talk of Reggie Wayne choking.

He had 5 catches for 46 yards with a long of 14 yards and "0" TD's.

Manning appeared to have ample time to throw the ball tonight so I don't see it as a time to throw issue. I think if I was to use the choke label I would put it on Wayne more than Manning. Just curious how others see it and why Wayne is not getting called out more tonight?

EDIT: Is Reggie Wayne a Dog-Faker :confused2:

Last edited:
Re: Reggie Wayne - Choke?

Because it was Manning that choked, not Wayne.

Because its a lot more fun to put it all on Manning. I'm willing to bet he was doubled most of the night, along with clark. It would be interesting to see some tape to figure that out though.

Because it was Manning that choked, not Wayne.

That was obvious if one is restricted to watching the TV version of the game.

He's their #1 receiver ... their long threat. Wayne and Clark account for half of the receiving yardage this year. Clark had @ 25% of the yardage tonight.
Wayne had about 13% ... neither player had a TD yet both of them had 20 combined for the year. The running game was not bad with 99 yards and I think it's unfair to lay the burden of the game on Garcon and Collie.

IMO - I don't think it's fair to say Manning choked without assigning equal or more blame to Wayne. Especially if the game film shows he wasn't working hard enough to get open.

He's a slouch.

:D ;)

Because its a lot more fun to put it all on Manning. I'm willing to bet he was doubled most of the night, along with clark. It would be interesting to see some tape to figure that out though.

That answer I agree with ... I've done it myself.
I think this board and the media are so quick to sensationalize things that Wayne is getting a frre pass here. perhaps not ... time to Google him and see.

wayne did choke, no question about it

and after Brady is vindicated within the next week,

randy moss will be vindicated teh following week

Re: OT: Manning runs to the locker room without shaking hands

Definitely, that's the correct response. He's right, too- you think the Saints care that Manning didn't give them a handshake and a hug? They were busy celebrating...

So Wayne was injured in Friday's practice appears to be the answer.
A minor knee injury as reported. Caldwell and manning should have altered his role then ... doesn't seem like they did. So the choking pass may not have been a choking pass if Wayne was healthy and/or Wayne was not put in that position to begin with by the coaches. there's a lot that goes into a choke ... sometimes the entire team is to blame for the one singular choke.

Colts WR Reggie Wayne suffers minor knee injury; no practice for Dwight Freeney - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

FORT LAUDERDALE -- Colts Pro Bowl WR Reggie Wayne suffered what coach Jim Caldwell called a minor knee injury in Friday's practice, the team's final full practice before Sunday's Super Bowl XLIV against the Saints.
"He just irritated the fat pad in his knee," Caldwell told pool reporter Peter King of Wayne's injury, which occurred with about 20 minutes left in a workout of one hour and five minutes.

Is Wayne a dog-faker or a Horse-Faker?

the way he played tonight he may have been a donkey-faker.

Last edited:
OT: Is there an over/under on boobage in New Orleans tonight?

Just posting this in case any of our members are there.
How's the boob factor ... I'm thinking more flashing tonight ... not less.

Is Wayne a dog-faker or a Horse-Faker?

the way he played tonight he may have been a donkey-faker.

The pass was crap under any circumstances. Manning locked on to his receiver and threw the ball even though the coverage was plain to see.

Manning choked, and it had nothing to do with Wayne.

Watching the wide angle view of the pick it looked like one of those "**** I hit the wrong button" Madden picks (hafta give credit to a friend I was talking to after the game there). Looked to me like Peyton's throw was late, as Wayne had seemed to have stopped after his break (from the slow-mo anyway, don't think I was paying attention for a full speed wide angle). Not to mention it didnt look like Peyton's head was ever turned from the stacked side of the field, and it looked like the DB made his break before Manning got his throw off. This is my half in the bag translation of things, but if anything it looked like a great play (and play knowledge with the blitz on) by the DB, and a Sanchez-esque mistake by Manning. But what do I know. Ill wait til its up on youtube toi cast my vote on that description as half drunk or decent, or somewhere in the middle.

The pass was crap under any circumstances. Manning locked on to his receiver and threw the ball even though the coverage was plain to see.

Manning choked, and it had nothing to do with Wayne.

In Mannings defense, I'm pretty sure they had a stack going on that side of the field, and I remember thinking the inside route had a shot (ended up being doubled), before he pulled the trigger on Wayne. A blitz was on and I'm assuming he knew this and went with the second option (similar to Brady on 4th and 2, went with Faulk when the 2nd read, Wes, was wide open) on that side. He deffinately locked onto that side of the ball, but maybe he suspected the double going to Wayne instead of vice versa?

don't get me wrong, I hate Manning with the best of em :) Just trying to figure out the unbiased assesment of wtf happened there. I'm putting nost the blame on a DB taking a gamble and coming off huge. I'm just pissed it wasn't on a slant or I would have called it to a T in the game thread! you see multiple Manning-Faces after a Colts drive/during the oppenents in a big game and we should all know Manning is choking hard next drive! You don't get to 9-9 post season for nuthin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday