PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers WR Martavis Bryant facing a year-long suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crap has got to stop. Getting suspended for a year of your career over something that has nothing to do with the game is ridiculous.

The NFLPA needs to make this one of the hills they're willing to die on in the next CBA negotiation.

This crap has got to stop. Getting suspended for a year of your career over something that has nothing to do with the game is ridiculous.

The NFLPA needs to make this one of the hills they're willing to die on in the next CBA negotiation.
The only substances that should allow for a year-long suspension are performance-enhancing stuff.

Steelers will likely be a top 3 team in the AFC so this kind of helps us (assuming it's a full year)

But I still STRONGLY disagree with the NFL's policy on this.

They need to sort out the entire disciplinary process, really. The whole thing is wonky from top to bottom.

Offseason is getting better and better for the Pats. No QB in denver...Fitz could leave Jets leaving Geno or (RG3 hahaha)

get paid millions and not do drugs for a few years, or do drugs? Hmmm, sounds like an easy decision

I'm sympathetic to what you're saying, but most companies do have a substance policy. My company would outright fire me, for example, not just suspend me a year. Additionally, it's not like it's a surprise to the players; everyone knows what the rules are if they want to continue in this line of work.

Yeah but why can't the Pats just hire whoever the wide receiver scout from Pittsburgh?

The only negative about this is if Coates or someone else steps up, we'll have to read that nonsense from people on this board. The Steelers run an offense idiots can run, that's why they have so many talented receivers.

Call it arrogance, but barring big injuries this makes the AFC a 1 team race. What a huge loss.

Broncos, Steelers, Bengals all getting worse.

Agree that the policy is absurd. Weed is legal in Denver, but not for the players. Same with Seattle.

The pressure on performers + the pain of playing NFL football make the players especially susceptible to it. More carrots, less sticks. it's a ridiculous policy.

I'm sympathetic to what you're saying, but most companies do have a substance policy. My company would outright fire me, for example, not just suspend me a year. Additionally, it's not like it's a surprise to the players; everyone knows what the rules are if they want to continue in this line of work.

The thing I don't understand is this---if it's not effecting your work, who cares? If it is making you bad at playing football, you'll be cut and replaced by someone who isn't. The NBA, MLB and NHL have no weed policy. Because it isn't necessary.

Agree that the policy is absurd. Weed is legal in Denver, but not for the players. Same with Seattle.

The pressure on performers + the pain of playing NFL football make the players especially susceptible to it. More carrots, less sticks. it's a ridiculous policy.

Excellent post

The addition for the Pats by subtraction of other teams in the AFC continues. Denver lost their QBs and lots of other pieces, but Pitt was considered the other big hurdle with their tandem of Brown & Bryant - now Bryant could be out the year.

Drug testing, in general (not always), is a vile and reprehensible thing that should be against the law, not encouraged by the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore