PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers [possibly] signing Daunte Culpepper AND Byron Leftwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are not informed..

Leftwich was signed today by the Steelers -
Culpepper did not make it and is still looking for a job

Backs to the wall, Steelers took the younger and lesser of two evils - and signed him for the veteran minimun...

Good choice.

As a Steelers fan, I don't mind the pickup of Byron to replace Batch. There has been whispers out of the Burgh as this being Batch's last season on the roster anyway. As long as Byron can learn the playbook and hand off the ball late in games, I'm cool with the signing.

As a Steelers fan, I don't mind the pickup of Byron to replace Batch. There has been whispers out of the Burgh as this being Batch's last season on the roster anyway. As long as Byron can learn the playbook and hand off the ball late in games, I'm cool with the signing.

I think it's an excellent signing for your team. Steeler organization always seems to make the right moves. Leftwich I've always liked, he could still start for a lot of teams. Big arm, good for a lot more than handing off -- like hitting all those receivers of yours deep. How's that Sweed kid been looking btw? I thought that was the steal of the draft.

I think it's an excellent signing for your team. Steeler organization always seems to make the right moves. Leftwich I've always liked, he could still start for a lot of teams. Big arm, good for a lot more than handing off -- like hitting all those receivers of yours deep. How's that Sweed kid been looking btw? I thought that was the steal of the draft.

Sweed is looking pretty good, especially since he got himself come contact lenses! LOL. He didn't even know his eyesite was bad. Hopefully, he can be even better. He's still a rookie receiver that is going to take time to develop but on a 3rd and 7 with a 4 wide set, I won't be scared that he'd drop the ball thrown to him on an 8 yard curl route, like some other guys we have on the roster.

Culpepper + Leftwich = Still Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back