PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Stanley Cup Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the Penguins "steal" their colors? every professional team in their city wears black and gold. Most of their uniform is black and white and gold… Which is what penguins are.

Bruins - Established November 1, 1924.

Penguins - 1967
Stealers - October 20, 1933
Pirates - Didn't use Yellow Gold until the 1950's.

Has Pittsburgh ever had an original idea?

Steagles? What?

Why do you think they moved the US capitol from Pennsylvania to DC? "We need some creative thinking if we're gonna pull this United States thing off" "Well you won't get it here better move it to Baltimore" "Whoops...this is a **** hole...." "How about NJ? " "Sure" "Wow......what's that smell?" "Do people just walk around ****ting their pants all day or what?" "How about a DC type thing or Boston?" "Well.....does the wind blow north or south out of NJ?" "It blows north" "Well let's go south" "Agreed"

Yeah they stole the colors.

"Hey I saw this awesome Hockey team in Boston." "Really?, what did they call their team?" "The Bruins" "What's a Bruin?" "It's a bear" "Wow, that's cool......Boston Bruins .....the BB's" "I like it" "We should have a hockey team" "What colors should we wear?" "What colors were the Bruins wearing?" "Black and Gold" "Great let's do it" "Can we call our team the Bruins too?" "NO we need to be original" "OK but I want the name of a fierce animal that fits with Pittsburgh" " How about the Possums?" NO "Partridge?" NO "Porcupines?" "NO......wait I've got it......the Penguins!" "Penguins? .....there's no penguins living here" "So what?" "Ohhh Kay ....you're the boss" "Great, I can't wait for the first game between the BB's and the PP's"

So there you go. It's all historical fact.

The more you know.......

"]

Tonights pre game ceremony should be a great one with Howe..and what happened last night. Sports can bring everyone together for a few hours..make us forget the awful.

if not a hockey fan..at least watch this intro because it will be fantastic.

Great pace to this game. Tons of scoring chances for both sides.

Great pace to this game. Tons of scoring chances for both sides.

I love low scoring fast paced games with a lot of scoring chances, like the Bruins lightning conference final which the Bruins won of course

Penguins appear to be a better team. That said I'm pulling for SJ. Wasn't The Pens colors from 1967-1980 Blue and White?

Really pulling for a game 7, I think the last game 7 in the final was the bruins canucks. If there is any time for the sharks power play to come through its right now

@mikejd

Best advice I can give you is to go watch a game live. The closer the seats you can get, the better.

I'm not talking front row. If it's an arena with a balcony/2nd level, get as close to first row and as close to center ice as you can.

Then come on back and let us all know if you still feel the same or if you have changed your point of view.

In my opinion hockey has the greatest delta of all sports between the fan experience of watching a game live, and watching it on television.

Bad guys win, booo.

Pittsburgh's got the cup, but at least the Bruins have Seguin and Hamilton from the Kessel trade, so they'll be in contention to take the title next season!

Wait..... What?

tumblr_nwo6i5h3GP1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Pittsburgh's got the cup, but at least the Bruins have Seguin and Hamilton from the Kessel trade, so they'll be in contention to take the title next season!

Wait..... What?

tumblr_nwo6i5h3GP1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Why Trade your old overpaid players when you can trade away your young ones!?

Penguins win - no surprise based on my initial post in this thread.

I do think the sharks gave everything they had which is refreshing when compared to LeBron and the Cavs.

Congratulations to the Penguins and Phil Kessel also ... guy deserved a ring based on his play.

Why Trade your old overpaid players when you can trade away your young ones!?

Because Seguin was banging everything to include some players' wives and Hamilton was a soft turd who didn't want to play in Boston. Now discussions can be had about the return, but the jettisoning? Not a chance.

Because Seguin was banging everything to include some players' wives and Hamilton was a soft turd who didn't want to play in Boston. Now discussions can be had about the return, but the jettisoning? Not a chance.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

What's nonsense? The fact that they needed to be gone? Guess you know better than the locker room about Seguin huh? Or the fact that Dougie didn't want to play in Boston?

Nothing nonsensical about that.

What's nonsense? The fact that they needed to be gone? Guess you know better than the locker room about Seguin huh? Or the fact that Dougie didn't want to play in Boston?

Nothing nonsensical about that.

There's plenty nonsensical about both. Hamilton, for example, was either going to sign with Boston or get an offer sheet that Boston could have matched. He had nowhere to go, unless the Bruins allowed him to leave and, had Boston decided not to match, the Bruins would have gotten compensation anyway (his new deal, 6 years, $5.7m would, for example, have brought back a first, second and third round pick as compensation). As for Seguin, I'm not going to get into the locker room stuff on a message board, but the idea that other actions couldn't have been taken instead is simply not valid.

You don't keep shipping off elite talent (Yes, I'm referring much more to Seguin than to Hamilton). Doing so is incredibly stupid personnel management. Hell, Chicago's had to deal with all sorts of **** when it comes to Kane, yet they've kept him around and racked up 3 Stanley Cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News