PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Stanley Cup Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a travesty that final season was. HBO really screwed the pooch on that one. Hurried what was a good thing. Best season, by far, was season 3. Gyp Rosetti was the man.

Gyp was awesome. He was a sick guy. And yeah I think what happened was the show got Axed prematurely so they kind of had to skip ahead from 1923 to 1931. I actually thought the show recovered nicely from killing off jimmy though

Penguins are posers, get your own colors.

Penguins are posers, get your own colors.

I don't know what I dislike more: the fact that all 3 major sports teams use the same colors, or the fact that everyone there actually is dumb enough to think those colors are "black and gold."

Gyp was awesome. He was a sick guy. And yeah I think what happened was the show got Axed prematurely so they kind of had to skip ahead from 1923 to 1931. I actually thought the show recovered nicely from killing off jimmy though

Michael K. Williams' portrayal of Chalkie White was excellent, although not quite as good as his portrayal of Omar Little.

I don't know what I dislike more: the fact that all 3 major sports teams use the same colors, or the fact that everyone there actually is dumb enough to think those colors are "black and gold."
Thank you, Patriots may as well call themselves red white and gold **** it right?

Damn that is a tough goal to give up. I like how the penguins have gone back to the old jerseys that they used to wear back in the jagr days AND WOW ANOTHER GOAL 2-2

Good win by the Sharks ... this series is going 7.

Incredible performance by Jones.

The Penguins have been the better team in every game...and yet here we are going to a game 6. The Sharks need to give Jones some proper help (not just goals but actual lengthy time in the Penguins defensive zone) if they want a one game takes all scenario in Pittsburgh.

The Penguins have been the better team in every game...and yet here we are going to a game 6. The Sharks need to give Jones some proper help (not just goals but actual lengthy time in the Penguins defensive zone) if they want a one game takes all scenario in Pittsburgh.

San Jose's weak puck handling is really hurting them. It reminds me of the Bruins.

San Jose's weak puck handling is really hurting them. It reminds me of the Bruins.

It's weird because overall the Sharks are a highly skilled team. Penguins speed is giving the Sharks problems though, they are by far the fastest team San Jose has faced this playoffs.

Well now this series is a little interesting, Pens steal our colors and get our inability to close out a series too.

Living just down the road from Sid's summer home y'all know who I am cheering for.

Whether or not he was a 'crybaby' in his early years, he has been playing his entire career with people, 25-50 pounds heavier than him on him for a large percentage of the game, he gets hacked and slashed before and after the whistle.

He is a 'better' leader now, Thorton and Burns goonery are examples of that (how a forearm to the back does not get called...worse than WWE...they better start calling that stuff or marginal fans will look at hockey as just that WWE on ice).

If people say he is hiding behind the refs they have to say it understanding that backdrop....he is getting hacked and mauled. Don't know if any of you play hockey but being strong on the puck wears you down, he's been doing that his whole career cause...well he had to be, he is a smaller guy.

Pens are a fast team and Jones bailed them out last game. If Pitt comes out as desperate as SJ then Jones is gonna have to be on his game again. Question is, where was this grit (borderline dirty grit) been all series for SJ?

One thing is for sure, it is a great sport and a good league....

Well now this series is a little interesting, Pens steal our colors and get our inability to close out a series too.

How did the Penguins "steal" their colors? every professional team in their city wears black and gold. Most of their uniform is black and white and gold… Which is what penguins are.

Sharks bring this to 7..the are coming away with that trophy

How did the Penguins "steal" their colors? every professional team in their city wears black and gold. Most of their uniform is black and white and gold… Which is what penguins are.
Yellow that is. Was more tongue cheek than anything. I liked the Bruins brown and yellow scheme better. Should have stuck with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots