PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Smitty and D is beating Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, I was so scared of the Vikes, they appear to have all the weapons. Wow. I am really shocked.

there's the brett favre i know and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can run on the vikings they can't tee off on you in passing situations. Most teams can't run on the Williamses, but the Panthers can.

wow, I was so scared of the Vikes, they appear to have all the weapons. Wow. I am really shocked.

Never fear Brett Favre, just saying he will always **** his team over in the end.

Embarrassing. That is all I can say.

Why? Good teams lose games, too. The Vikings are still 11-3.

Last edited:
If you can run on the vikings they can't tee off on you in passing situations. Most teams can't run on the Williamses, but the Panthers can.

i agree but like you said there are only a hand full of teams that can run on the vikings but i still think the saints will beat them cause there O line is so good and brees get the ball out of he's hands fast

but im still sticking with my perseason NFC super bowl pick the eagels and i still have hope for the pats to make it there with them

There you are lol, what happend?

The Vikings sucked tonight that is what happened. I know good teams lose game and what not but this is now two Sunday night games where the Vikes just played horribly.

The Vikings sucked tonight that is what happened. I know good teams lose game and what not but this is now two Sunday night games where the Vikes just played horribly.

AP is still the best running back in my opinion if its worth anything lol.

Good to see Moore getting it done... he's one of my non-pats binkys (i think that's how y'all spell it)

AP is still the best running back in my opinion if its worth anything lol.

i disagree AP has been inconsistent lately

CJ
MJD
Dwill
AP
SJackson

but to be back on topic, I was surprised they ran the ball that successfully against the Vikings d-line with a makeshift o-line missing their starting tackles, first 100 yard game in 36 games, impressive indeed way to run hard young man.

i disagree AP has been inconsistent lately

CJ
MJD
Dwill
AP
SJackson

but to be back on topic, I was surprised they ran the ball that successfully against the Vikings d-line with a makeshift o-line missing their starting tackles, first 100 yard game in 36 games, impressive indeed way to run hard young man.

34ss8ow.jpg

i dont know which team in the nfc cant beat the vikes in the playoffs...dallas? eagles? saints? they should all be able to beat vikes.
cant trust a team coached by childress..

i dont know which team in the nfc cant beat the vikes in the playoffs...dallas? eagles? saints? they should all be able to beat vikes.

Dallas, Philly, and Green Bay are all very dangerous teams. I would not be surprised at all to see one of them in the SB.

Minnesota's O-line never showed up, and neither did the defense.

it looked like their offensive line went out drinking last night and headed straight to the game from the bar

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Jonathan Stewart was a Man on a mission tonight. That was an inspiring performance against a great rush defense.

more drama
Childress tried to take Favre out in third quarter | ProFootballTalk.com

As we prepare to head home after this awesome football Sunday, we'll leave you with one aftershock from Minnesota's embarrassing blowout loss to the Panthers.

Vikings coach Brad Childress attempted to take Brett Favre out of Sunday's game in the third quarter. When the Vikings were leading 7-6.

Huh?

As anyone who watched the game knows, Favre stayed in throughout. And according to the Jeff Zulgdad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Favre was "not a happy camper" when he spoke about the development after the game.

Childress did appear to successfully bench left tackle Bryant McKinnie.

Panthers played a heck of a game and the Vikings came out flat. Problem with the Vikings as they have shown in their losses is that they can sometimes rely too much on Favre. It also helps that the Panthers have a great passing defense and Peppers was just tearing it up out there. Stewart also had a monster game and that's what killed the Vikes. The Minnesota secondary is by no means a good secondary and if you can effectively run the ball against them (like the Ravens, Steelers, and Panters), you have a shot at winning.

That said, I still think that the Vikings can beat the Saints. The Saints don't have that rushing attack other teams have. Add the fact that what the Cowboys (and Ware) did to the Saints will probably be even more aggressive coming from the Vikings (the Williams pushing up the middle and Allen coming off the edge). The difference being that I think the Cowboys do have a good secondary and the Vikes don't, so if they don't get that pressure, Brees will torch them.

Add in the fact that while we know Favre can be downright awful in December-January, should they meet the Saints, they will not be playing in horrible weather conditions. It will be in a dome.

Childress doesn't coach the Vikings as was made crystal clear to him last night.

You can't trust a team with Brett Favre at QB in Dec/Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye