PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Smitty and D is beating Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a coach "try" to take his QB out? Either he does, or he doesn't, there is no "try". :p

Hard to imagine any statement like that about BB: "Belichick tried to make Adalius Thomas a healthy scratch, but he started anyway." Duh.

Who's coaching the team?

I must say, the Favre interception in the end zone killing their comeback chances was pure poetry.

Gut feeling is that MN already peaked.

Pepper sure is looking good to. I haven't seen pass rush like that ll year from the pats.

Here's what Peter King from SI had to say about Peppers: "Julius Peppers was Deacon Jones and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one dominant force for four quarters. It's the best I've ever seen Peppers play. I don't care what the stats said -- one sack, three other quarterback hits, one tackle. Peppers was as dominant as a defensive lineman can be. Once, he fought through two blockers, forced Favre to throw a wasted incompletion, and wrapped him up legally and fell atop him, crushing him to the ground. If Favre wasn't thinking, I came back at 40 for this?, when exactly would he ever question his decision to come back for another year? Peppers' dominance got Bryant McKinnie yanked from the game. (When's the last time you saw a top-10 left tackle get pulled for performance, not being hurt? Ever? I don't recall it.) It forced Brad Childress to put pedestrian Artis Hicks at left tackle, and to keep a back in to chip on Peppers when the game got desperate and the Vikings fell behind in the second half."

Tony Romo carries Cowboys; Panthers stun Vikings; more - Peter King - SI.com

For everyone who wants to run Light out of town, now that you've seen McKinnie got pulled last night after Peppers tooled him. Light is not so bad afterall. I Love the way Vollmer plays and that head scratcher of a draft pick from BB is looking like another shot of pure genius.

I was aflutter last year when it looked like the Pats were gong to get Peppers, I can only hope that they open up the checkbook and bring him in next year.....Let loose on his own as an OLB with Warren and WIlfork occupying the O-Line (and on a team fighting for a championship) he would be great!

vikings might be getting exposed..when Peterson is shut down they cant do jack...

Peterson was only given 12 carries. He's definitely going to need more than that if the Vikings are going to win.

For everyone who wants to run Light out of town, now that you've seen McKinnie got pulled last night after Peppers tooled him. Light is not so bad afterall. I Love the way Vollmer plays and that head scratcher of a draft pick from BB is looking like another shot of pure genius.

I was aflutter last year when it looked like the Pats were gong to get Peppers, I can only hope that they open up the checkbook and bring him in next year.....Let loose on his own as an OLB with Warren and WIlfork occupying the O-Line (and on a team fighting for a championship) he would be great!

Great point about Light. McKinnie has been an all pro, and he got schooled by Peppers. I'll still take Vollmer at LT in the long run, but Light and Voller at LT and RT right now is our best bet.

Peterson was only given 12 carries. He's definitely going to need more than that if the Vikings are going to win.

Not to mention a good chunk of those 12 carries were predictable up the middle runs on 1st down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes