PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Russell Wilson signs contract extension for All The Money

Still significantly less guaranteed money than Watson, which I would excuse based on age/career trajectory if not for...you know.

Must be nice

If we’re fortunate, Mac will round into a very good-to-elite QB and play ball when it comes to extending his contract in a relatively team friendly manner.

Yeah about that. If Mac was good to elite and up for a contract extension right now the FLOOR would be $40 million AAV. And he’s not eligible until the 2024 offseason. By then the floor could be $45 or $50 million AAV. IF he’s good to elite. If he sucks well then the Pats are even more screwed.

The days of the best QB in the league taking team friendly deals are over and I hope the Kraft’s didn’t get deluded into thinking that’s replicable. Joe Burrow is going to completely reset the market next year and I don’t think Patriots fans are quite ready for what that’ll look like.

QBs the new RBs make a system where they can be replaced by a high performing rookie rinse and repeat for this to work you need Elite WRs and running game.

Yeah about that. If Mac was good to elite and up for a contract extension right now the FLOOR would be $40 million AAV. And he’s not eligible until the 2024 offseason. By then the floor could be $45 or $50 million AAV. IF he’s good to elite. If he sucks well then the Pats are even more screwed.

The days of the best QB in the league taking team friendly deals are over and I hope the Kraft’s didn’t get deluded into thinking that’s replicable. Joe Burrow is going to completely reset the market next year and I don’t think Patriots fans are quite ready for what that’ll look like.

How do you know that Mac will not take a team friendly deal?

I doubt Robert Kraft has any expectations about Mac’s disposition during contract negotiations.

I don’t see why Patriots fans would be unprepared for Joe Burrow’s potential extension in the future.

still not quite as high as Rodgers $50.3 AAV but wow…

How do you know that Mac will not take a team friendly deal?

I doubt Robert Kraft has any expectations about Mac’s disposition during contract negotiations.

I don’t see why Patriots fans would be unprepared for Joe Burrow’s potential extension in the future.
Players have more empowerment now.
If I were Mac and I played elite ball I would want to get paid accordingly. No team friendly deal

And I wouldn't have any problem if he takes the most money he can get.

There is no way BAL pays Jackson anywhere close to that.
Lamar hasn't been quiet on Twitter either. Keeps going back and forth with fans about the contract situation and liking pics of him in a LOLphins jersey

Lamar hasn't been quiet on Twitter either. Keeps going back and forth with fans about the contract situation and liking pics of him in a LOLphins jersey

Yea.

1) Hes not an elite passer
2) Hes small and his playing style is no conducive to longevity

Yea.

1) Hes not an elite passer
2) Hes small and his playing style is no conducive to longevity
Yup..

Best thing Lamar can do right now is let his play speak for itself. He needs to have a great year if he wants that bag

Yup..

Best thing Lamar can do right now is let his play speak for itself. He needs to have a great year if he wants that bag
If he has another 2019 then he has a great shot.

Part of it has to do w/ the talent around him but again his style of play has to be a concern for the BAL FO.

Bill knows how to suppress his young QB's future earning power

1a) Have QB play under his 2nd OC in 2 years
1b) Deploy a new offensive scheme
1c) Hire defensive and special teams consultants, each with no relative offensive experience, to install and coordinate a new offensive scheme
1D) Overextend the primary offensive consultant by delegating to him multiple coaching and management responsibilities....ie... offensive coordination, O line coaching, contract negotiation, installation of new scheme, play calling (TBD)
1662045302435.png

2) After trading off 2 stud guards in the past two off seasons, rely on a disgruntled injury prone RT who was demoted in training camp from LT...and a disgruntled, injury prone, slackish LT who believes the team (BB) misrepresented his 2022 role during contract negotiations after signing for RT wages
Note: Both tackles have exerted minimal effort in training camp
Note 2.0: Team failed in its attempts to trade their disgruntled injury prone RT (who wants to be a LT and get paid as such next contract)

1662045308468.png
3a) Feature a WR with the 120th best YAC to be QB's primary target
3b) Lose 'buy in' from last season's most promising WR acquisition
3c) Draft a twig WR who snapped in wk 3 of TC

1662045318298.png

excited genius GIF
Bill Belichick Wink GIF by New England Patriots
Money Cash GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

Last edited:
The Broncos have a nice Team in the West their TE situation don't look too good but you never know. Other than that they should be solid on Offense especially with that two headed monster @ RB. Hmmmmm how the the 2022 West was won.

QBs the new RBs make a system where they can be replaced by a high performing rookie rinse and repeat for this to work you need Elite WRs and running game.
I like the thought but 2 elite receivers would already be approaching good qb money. Their market is quite inflated as well.
Time to go back to the old wishbone triple option offense methinks.

If we’re fortunate, Mac will round into a very good-to-elite QB and play ball when it comes to extending his contract in a relatively team friendly manner.
Yeah. Hopefully he meets a supermodel with a 7 or 8-figure net worth. Otherwise, that’s not likely to happen. Even if Mac is a halfway decent QB, at best, he’s going to command a lot of money when it comes time to pony up.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back