PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Roethlisberger not exactly a gentleman on the night of the incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, a girl turned down his inept sexual overtures (not well honed because he's used to Pittsburgh girls) and he called her a beotch or worse.

And you're defending that?

No, I'm saying that there is probably more that meets the eye here. I'm not sure how old you are but I consider myself a young guy (23) and have been to many of the clubs like the ones that Roethlisberger was at and have hit on many girls. Some girls went for it, others didn't and were polite about it, and still others didn't go for it and were just flat out *****es, to put it nicely. Simply put, I don't think it's far fetched to consider that Ben DID hit on her and she responded with something like, "ewww, get the f*ck away from me you ugly loser!". In that case, I would have probably cursed the girl out as well.

Because it's a sport and I don't know any of the players personally, if they can throw the ball or catch it or tackle someone I literally don't care if they are blowing coke out of strippers' buttcracks every night, it doesn't make one whit of difference in my life. It's entertainment, a game you watch on TV. Tom Brady isn't coming to your birthday party man, as much as you think he's your best friend.

Well said, but is there something wrong about blowing coke out of strippers' buttcracks?

Well said, but is there something wrong about blowing coke out of strippers' buttcracks?

Yeah, there is.

They should be blowing coke out of my buttcrack. :bricks:

No, I'm saying that there is probably more that meets the eye here. I'm not sure how old you are but I consider myself a young guy (23) and have been to many of the clubs like the ones that Roethlisberger was at and have hit on many girls. Some girls went for it, others didn't and were polite about it, and still others didn't go for it and were just flat out *****es, to put it nicely. Simply put, I don't think it's far fetched to consider that Ben DID hit on her and she responded with something like, "ewww, get the f*ck away from me you ugly loser!". In that case, I would have probably cursed the girl out as well.

I can understand hitting on girls.

If you're going to proposition girls in a hamfisted way, then when they respond, "I'd rather ...." or "you're ...." the best thing to do is turn and walk away, or laugh.

I'm sure when you're a little older you'll agree. Ben has a couple years on you and is a public figure. He should probably do the same thing.

Because it's a sport and I don't know any of the players personally, if they can throw the ball or catch it or tackle someone I literally don't care if they are blowing coke out of strippers' buttcracks every night, it doesn't make one whit of difference in my life. It's entertainment, a game you watch on TV. Tom Brady isn't coming to your birthday party man, as much as you think he's your best friend.

I'm 41, I don't want these guys to be my friends, nor do I bother with their autographs, nor their personal lives and morals.

But when a guy steps over the line and sexually assaults a woman, I'm done with them and can't root for them, and can't watch them. I hear Osama bin Laden is like 6'6. Now if he had a good jump shot, it wouldn't matter to me. I just couldn't root for him.

It's because I DON'T take sports so seriously that I take this stance. If winning/losing was everything to me, only then would I ignore some of the crimes these guys commit.

I can also tell you that, from reading this board, I'm a lot more forgiving of these guys than most of the posters. Deion Branch, for instance, I don't blame him for his negotiating with the Patriots and for his contract stance. Drug use, hey that's your body. beating on women? Assaulting them sexually? Yes, then I can't root for you, and in fact, I hope you get what you deserve.

I watched Nomar's press conference today. I like rooting for these guys on a personal level. It doesn't mean I want to invite Nomar over for a drink.

I'm 41, I don't want these guys to be my friends, nor do I bother with their autographs, nor their personal lives and morals.

But when a guy steps over the line and sexually assaults a woman, I'm done with them and can't root for them, and can't watch them. I hear Osama bin Laden is like 6'6. Now if he had a good jump shot, it wouldn't matter to me. I just couldn't root for him.

It's because I DON'T take sports so seriously that I take this stance. If winning/losing was everything to me, only then would I ignore some of the crimes these guys commit.

I can also tell you that, from reading this board, I'm a lot more forgiving of these guys than most of the posters. Deion Branch, for instance, I don't blame him for his negotiating with the Patriots and for his contract stance. Drug use, hey that's your body. beating on women? Assaulting them sexually? Yes, then I can't root for you, and in fact, I hope you get what you deserve.

I watched Nomar's press conference today. I like rooting for these guys on a personal level. It doesn't mean I want to invite Nomar over for a drink.

My view on this thread is the all the stuff in that article is a typical night out for a single guy in their 20s. The fact that he is accused of sexual assault is one thing, and is despicable, but if there was no assualt and he tried to hit on a girl that dissed him and he called her a ***** then hit on another girl? I think every 20-some year old guy drinking a bit too much has been there.
If you cant separate the accusation from those actions, then its all wrong, but what is described in that article isn't that bad, IMO.

I'm 40 and I see nothing wrong with calling a girl a beeatch, it all depends on how it was said.

Also to this point Big Ben has not been found guilty of anything so we don't actually know for sure that he did anything wrong or even said what is reported. And in the case of a well known sportsperson like him, a lot of stuff happens and a lot of stories come out that might not be true. If he is convicted of something then we can all believe everything that he allegedly did. At this time though, we have no right to take a stance one way or the other.

As far as this forum goes, I don't know when it became a personal issues forum.

We are talking here about alleged incidents concerning a Squealer.

There is a lot wrong with this picture imo.

My view on this thread is the all the stuff in that article is a typical night out for a single guy in their 20s. The fact that he is accused of sexual assault is one thing, and is despicable, but if there was no assualt and he tried to hit on a girl that dissed him and he called her a ***** then hit on another girl? I think every 20-some year old guy drinking a bit too much has been there.
If you cant separate the accusation from those actions, then its all wrong, but what is described in that article isn't that bad, IMO.

Actually, what I said was, the type of guy that would do that would be more likely to assault a girl than a guy that wouldn't.

Actually, what I said was, the type of guy that would do that would be more likely to assault a girl than a guy that wouldn't.

Say whaaa???? How do you know?

I don't buy that for a second.

What's the latest news? I keep hearing different things.

Say whaaa???? How do you know?

How do I know? A guy that would take the rejection of his hamfisted request as an affront (like, all girls are sluts, therefore, "*****") is more likely to lack a sense of how to behave with women.

Last edited:
wtf does any of this have to do with the alleged assault?

If you're saying that he is more likely to assault a woman because he called a completely different woman a *****, then that's dumb. If you're not saying that, then whats the point of this thread in the first place?

Willie Colon's agent just issued a statement that said although Willie was at the club that night, he did not witness anything and that he was not around at the time of the "alledged" sexual assault.

This is not good for Big Ben, because Colon's statement is akin to the "it wasn't me" argument that will all used as kids. Honestly if willie can't stand up for him, the best thing for Willie to do, is to say he was not there at the time, this way he does not have to lie............

Willie Colon's agent just issued a statement that said although Willie was at the club that night, he did not witness anything and that he was not around at the time of the "alledged" sexual assault.

This is not good for Big Ben, because Colon's statement is akin to the "it wasn't me" argument that will all used as kids. Honestly if willie can't stand up for him, the best thing for Willie to do, is to say he was not there at the time, this way he does not have to lie............

Yeah, definitely not a good sign for ben, provided that the hospitalization yielded some evidence against him.

TV station: Ben Roethlisberger told cops he had consensual contact with accuser - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

The station reported that Roethlisberger said the woman, who has not been identified, slipped and hit her head after the two had contact.

I can't wait to hear the defenders now, talking about due process and presumed innocence. Let me tell you, there is absolutely no such clause outside of a courtroom. That is something for juries, but not for the personal opinions of citizens and fans. All I know is that, a woman said she was sexually assaulted and so far all signs are pointing towards that conclusion. So why am I being naive or unAmerican if I believe her? Sorry for my skepticism towards a scumbag loser who is already on trial for rape in anothr state. How foolish of me to believe, based on what I know, the story of a woman who immediately sought out an officer and went straight to the hospital, instead of a guy who claims that she "slipped."

My opinion is subject to change as more evidence comes to light, but the fact that the woman had a head wound is about 1000X more likely to have occurred due to a sexual assault than by spontaneously slipping on the floor. Slipped! Are you serious? If this actually happened, given that BR is already accused of rape, and this happened moments after the admitted sexual encounter, that is going to be one enormous coincidence. As one legal analyst commented about this, the burden of proof has basically shifted to the defense. Even if this does not make it to trial, which right now seems unlikely, there is already extremely strong grounds for a civil suit.

I'm surprised that they are doing DNA testing since BR admitted to sexual contact. That is not good for him, since it either means he omitted something from the story, or they are looking for DNA to prove something else. Meanwhile, based on what everyone knows about this point, if you can't say it is more likely than not that he did this, you need to pull your head out of your ---.

UPDATE: Profootballtalk.com reports that Roethlisberger's attorneys have not yet agreed to supply DNA or allow another interview. PFT's report contradicts some other articles, but if true, it sounds like Big Ben has nothing to hide, right?

Last edited:
UPDATE: Profootballtalk.com reports that Roethlisberger's attorneys have not yet agreed to supply DNA or allow another interview. PFT's report contradicts some other articles, but if true, it sounds like Big Ben has nothing to hide, right?

Won't be hard to get a DNA sample of his if he ever auctioned off a game worn jersey, or gave a fan a headband or wristband..They offer enough money and somebody will come forward with one..Though you have to wonder if a Steeler fan might come forward with s fake one.....

The station reported that Roethlisberger said the woman, who has not been identified, slipped and hit her head after the two had contact.

in other news,20 million high schoolers ,after reading Big Ben's story,told their teachers "the dog ate my homework",in classes across the nation.

There are so many things wrong with your post that I don't even know where to start. So let's just go through item-by-item

I can't wait to hear the defenders now, talking about due process and presumed innocence. Let me tell you, there is absolutely no such clause outside of a courtroom.

Feel free to point out where anyone in this thread said anything about due process in regards to the actual topic of the thread.

By the way, you're talking about a completely different woman than the one who you started the thread about. Amber Hanley is the woman who Roethlisberger supposedly swore at. She is not the person who has since accused him of assaulting her. They're two completely different people, but you're using them interchangeably. Get your facts straight.

Nobody on this thread has tried to 'defend' Roethlisberger against the assault charge. We just don't see how it matters that Amber Hanley ran to TMZ and said that he called her a bad name. Even if it's true, which is far from a slam dunk, who cares anyways? We already know that he's a complete douche.

That is something for juries, but not for the personal opinions of citizens and fans. All I know is that, a woman said she was sexually assaulted and so far all signs are pointing towards that conclusion.

That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about Amber Hanley claiming that Roethlisberger called her a mean name, and that somehow making it more likely that he assaulted a completely different woman. You should know, since you started it.

So why am I being naive or unAmerican if I believe her? Sorry for my skepticism towards a scumbag loser who is already on trial for rape in anothr state.

Roethlisberger is on trial? That's news to me, when did it start?

How foolish of me to believe, based on what I know, the story of a woman who immediately sought out an officer and went straight to the hospital, instead of a guy who claims that she "slipped."

Okay, fine, let's clear this up: are you talking about Amber Hanley or the actual assault? Because, if you're talking about the assault, there's already a thread for that, where pretty much everyone agrees that things don't look great for Ben. Best case scenario he's a jerk, worst case scenario he's a sex offender.

If you're talking about the article that you linked, then you've made the enormous (and stupid) leap that everyone's who is skeptical and/or doesn't care about Amber Hanleyis also skeptical that the assault occurred.

I'm surprised that they are doing DNA testing since BR admitted to sexual contact. That is not good for him, since it either means he omitted something from the story, or they are looking for DNA to prove something else. Meanwhile, based on what everyone knows about this point, if you can't say it is more likely than not that he did this, you need to pull your head out of your ---.

Pretty much everyone has agreed, from the time that it was first reported, that things didn't look great for Ben. This has only become more true as more evidence has come to light.

If you wonder why people are treating you like you're naive/ignorant... well, it's because you are. You've repeatedly used the assault and Amber Hanley's claims interchangeably, despite them being two separate incidents. Are you incapable of differentiating between the two, or what? Is that too complex for you?

I questioned the credibility of Amber Hanley, since she ran to TMZ with gossip and innuendo, and I also said that I don't think it really matters either way in regards to whether or not he sexually assaulted a woman. From the get-go, I've said that things definitely didn't look great for him, but I wasn't going to get around to forming an opinion until we knew more about what happened. In short, I was waiting to see if the other shoe would drop, and it has, with BR refusing follow-up interviews and making up a half-baked story about the woman slipping.

But that had nothing to do with Hanley. Even if he called her a *****, so what? Does that magically turn him into a rapist or something? Somehow, you managed to turn that into me 'defending' Roethlisberger against the assault allegation. And if that's what you took my posts to mean, then you need to learn to read.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back