PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rich Eisen on the last hit on Jason Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rich Eisen on the last hit on jason campbell

The last play by the Steelers on Mason of the Ravens. THAT was PI. Real PI. Not called. The inverse of the Pollian phantom PI calls.

The last play by the Steelers on Mason of the Ravens. THAT was PI. Real PI. Not called. The inverse of the Pollian phantom PI calls.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. No way that isn't called if Mason had a horseshoe on his helmet.

No kidding. One isolated incident has turned into "Brady and the Pats get every flag." Even though the stats say otherwise, we apparently lead the league in getting roughing the passer calls, otherwise they're just talking out of their asses and I know they'd never do that, would they?

Wouldn't that be illegal to show on tv ? :)

Wouldn't that be illegal to show on tv ? :)

Not in the movies, tho. Ace Ventura was good for something, I guess...

Eisen is just jealous because he can't get a good look at Brady in the showers.

PeterGriffinTomBrady.jpg

Eisen is a good guy, he's just a Jets fan. You've got to admit, to cover sports for as long as he's done and to have to suffer through the Jets seasons is enough to make anyone jealous.

Manning got some ticky tack roughing the passer calls as well. i.e. When he was hit as he released the ball.:mad:

There was a blow to head which was a legit call, except that when a Ravens lineman landed a similar hit on Brady, everyone acted like it was a rule made up on the spot to save Brady and flood the league with estrogen.

The roughing call after the Cushing INT was more puzzling (you can see it from a few different angles, but the best view is around the 38 second mark). The QB was tackled while throwing the ball. No blow to the head, no dive at the knees, no leading with the crown of the helmet, the defender didn't arrive after the ball was released. Instead of having the ball at the 10 or 11, the Texans started at the 25/6.

The larger point is that high profile QBs have gotten these type of calls for decades. That could have been Montana, Marino, Young, Favre, Elway, etc., drawing that penalty. Why start a campaign that this is special treatment reserved just for Brady? Can it really be that this is just an "easy sell" to the majority of the audience? I'm obviously not in the business, but that doesn't seem like enough motivation.

Do you guys think guys like Brady and Manning don't get favorable calls?

Do you think that #23 for the Bulls didn't get favorable calls? Lebron now?

Do you not think Roger Clemens gets more of the corners then most pitchers?

It happens, there is that earned respect. I didn't see the hit in question so I can't comment on that. However I can comment on the fact that You all would be loving it if he said 18 and not 12 even though in this argument they are interchangable.

People have already forgotten the hit that took McNabb out earlier this season. I think a more important issue isn't whether Brady's getting calls or Manning's getting calls but, rather, whether or not there's a more generalized double standard for quarterbacks that are considered more mobile.

Of course, Whitlock will be claiming it's a black thing....

just saw highlight where campbell was slammed to the ground and no penalty.Eisen chimed in, "if its 12 of new england then thats a fresh set of downs". The damn balt game has really gotten to the media .They dont seem to see the PI calls in indy

Is he wrong? I mean, superstars do get more calls than JAGs.

People have already forgotten the hit that took McNabb out earlier this season. I think a more important issue isn't whether Brady's getting calls or Manning's getting calls but, rather, whether or not there's a more generalized double standard for quarterbacks that are considered more mobile.

Whitlock always claims it's a black thing. I was checking the Chiefs message board a while back (Jamaal Charles is a favorite of mine and I had some questions to ask them) and I cannot think of anyone more despised among Chiefs fans then Whitlock.

Back on topic though, Eisen is enjoyable in sips, but when he said that it really didn't hit a nerve, more like...eh...whatever. Deion has been really hard on the refs and the PI calls going to the Colts. Irvin as well.

A little off topic, but did anyone watch NFL Gameday this morning when they were discussing if Bill was the greatest coach of all time. Irvin said yes, Mooch said that Bill could get there, Warren Sapp always says Dungy, but Marshall Faulk, as always, tries to cut down Bill. No surprise there. I don't mind disagreements but this guy really can't get over losing the Super Bowl to the Patriots.

Is he wrong? I mean, superstars do get more calls than JAGs.
I don't ever watch these shows but i hear about them. So i'd like to hear #18 Manning instead of #12 Brady be insurted when these commentators comment.

Last edited:
I don't ever watch these shows but i hear about them. So i'd like to hear #18 Manning instead of #12 Brady be insurted when these commentators comment.

I don't watch them much either. Maybe Manning is intoned sometimes but no one here complains about it.:D

I don't watch them much either. Maybe Manning is intoned sometimes but no one here complains about it.:D
That could be true PJ, but somehow i doubt it. As i'm sure you know Manning is part of football royalty, Archie's son, the name mustn't be besmurched.

Last edited:
That could be true PJ, but somehow i doubt it. As i'm sure you know Manning is part of football royalty, Archie's son, the name mustn't be besmurched.

That beer picture is making me thirsty. For milk.

Hey, speak for yourself. She wants me.

She doesnt like married men. However, i hear she likes poor single guys, so im in ;)

Actually i prefer that girl with the kegs attached to her melons. You've probably seen the pic im talking about in the 'ladies lounge' :D

She doesnt like married men. However, i hear she likes poor single guys, so im in ;)

Actually i prefer that girl with the kegs attached to her melons. You've probably seen the pic im talking about in the 'ladies lounge' :D

I know of no such place. :snob:

There was a blow to head which was a legit call, except that when a Ravens lineman landed a similar hit on Brady, everyone acted like it was a rule made up on the spot to save Brady and flood the league with estrogen.

The roughing call after the Cushing INT was more puzzling (you can see it from a few different angles, but the best view is around the 38 second mark). The QB was tackled while throwing the ball. No blow to the head, no dive at the knees, no leading with the crown of the helmet, the defender didn't arrive after the ball was released. Instead of having the ball at the 10 or 11, the Texans started at the 25/6.

The larger point is that high profile QBs have gotten these type of calls for decades. That could have been Montana, Marino, Young, Favre, Elway, etc., drawing that penalty. Why start a campaign that this is special treatment reserved just for Brady? Can it really be that this is just an "easy sell" to the majority of the audience? I'm obviously not in the business, but that doesn't seem like enough motivation.

I will say I was one of the people earlier when brady got his hair brushed in baltimore saying the penalty was BS. But as the year has gone on and the refs have been consistent with the call it has become the norm and my attitude towards that Baltimore game has changed.

I think without a doubt there is a double standard for more mobile quarterbacks. it's a shame but there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back